Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Mmm... Personality
    #2154221 - 12/03/03 06:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What one says, how one says it, when one says it, how one holds himself, how one moves, what one spends his time doing, how one interacts with various different people, what motivates one to do everything that he does....

Every second in your life, you are creating who you are. All of what I listed above reflects what is in your mind. Your mind is where it all starts and stops. It is ultimately your thoughts and your intentions that create who you are to the outside world.

Your personality is unique to you. No one else ever has and no one else ever will be exactly like you. To have your personality, they would have to be you, which means that they would have to live every single second of your life exactly as you did. I don't see that as possible.

But anyways, the thing that is so kick ass about this is that we are in charge of our mind. You can tell yourself to think "Fuck George Bush" aloud in your head and it happens. Your mind creates your personality, and you have the ability to create your mind. Well, to at least work with and build over what is already there (which includes programming over the old shit if necessary).

I mean, our thoughts and our experiences determine our personality, basically who we are, right? No reason we can't actively pursue certain experiences and add a few new thoughts in the brain to sort of guide who we are in a certain direction...

One of the biggest barriers to changing yourself is fear or fucking apathy. No sense rooting ourselves down in one spot, since everything changes. Best to go with the wind, it will carry you far. :grin: Fear and apathy cut you off from this life and what it has to offer.

So hell, bring new thoughts and experiences into your mind, change the way you look at things and fuck, have fun. Life is too short and pointless to let it go to waste. :mushroom2:
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Mmm... Personality [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2154226 - 12/03/03 06:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I understand what you are saying when you talk of overwriting info. in our mind.

To continually seek out new perceptions, new ways to explain and understand this existence is what this is all about. :thumbup: 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mmm... Personality [Re: sirreal]
    #2154233 - 12/03/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
I understand what you are saying when you talk of overwriting info. in our mind.

Well, the old programs are still there. They have just been built over. You can't take away bad programming. You can only make it useless by contradicting by making better programming and then reinforcing it, making it the one that is used. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinethelox
    #2154244 - 12/03/03 06:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think this is something that is overlooked by "the masses" That being just how programable the brain is. The fact that on a certain level everything is accepted as fact and you literally can put yourself together all over again.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154248 - 12/03/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

sirreal said:

Well, the old programs are still there. They have just been built over. You can't take away bad programming. You can only make it useless by contradicting by making better programming and then reinforcing it, making it the one that is used. :grin:
Peace. 

Nah, that's just another way of saying it. :wink:

I have completely overwritten some of my beliefs. They are gone, completely. 

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2154254 - 12/03/03 06:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
I have completely overwritten some of my beliefs. They are gone, completely. 

Every thought we have had is in there, my friend. They might not generate any emotional response, have any sort of control over our actions, and might not even come up consciously, but they are still there.... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154258 - 12/03/03 06:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you say so.... :tongue:

I am not trying to be argumentative, But here is an example:

I once believed in hell. I no longer do, at all. The idea is rediculous to me. Are you saying that the belief in hell is still there? 

--------------------
-----------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2154260 - 12/03/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hmm so could this be a new take on your thoughts creating your own world. not physical object appearing out of no where per se, but how the world looks at you.

how do you feel when someone looks judgementally at you? you know, can you feel it?

or how about those thoughts you have no control over? do they have just as much to say in your personality? about your unconscious and conscious mind? or even subconscious. hmm research....

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2154261 - 12/03/03 06:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

no but your current philosophy is a product of your refutation of the concept of hell.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Mmm... Personality [Re: Positronius]
    #2154265 - 12/03/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
no but your current philosophy is a product of your refutation of the concept of hell.

Sure is. But it is not necassarily based on my former belief in it, is it?

--------------------
-----------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2154269 - 12/03/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

no, but it is a reaction to that former belief, if you didnt believe in hell, your belief in hell wouldnt have eroded and lead you to believe whatever it is you believe now. If you never believed in hell you may have ended uo believing in something entirely different.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2154270 - 12/03/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
I once believed in hell. I no longer do, at all. The idea is rediculous to me. Are you saying that the belief in hell is still there? 

I believe it is still there. Thoughts and collection of thoughts are not dated. They are only associated with other thoughts that say "this is still in effect" and "this is no longer held by us as fact", or something. :grin:

You don't believe in Hell, but at one time you did, and the mind holds records. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154286 - 12/03/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

sirreal said:

I believe it is still there. Thoughts and collection of thoughts are not dated. They are only associated with other thoughts that say "this is still in effect" and "this is no longer held by us as fact", or something. :grin:

You don't believe in Hell, but at one time you did, and the mind holds records. hehe
Peace. 

Allright, now I am just nitpicking.

My mind holds a record that I no longer believe in hell. I cannot even remember what it was like to believe in hell. Just that I no longer do.

The "belief" in hell was thought combined with strong emotion. That belief is no longer there as far as I am concerned, So shut the fuck up and quit trying to convince me that I still believe in hell! :razz:

J/K 

--------------------
-----------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2154287 - 12/03/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

By the way, I forgot to add this to my original post, but by reading this thread, you are now different. If all you did was read it and then move on, without caring too much about it, the difference tomorrow will be too miniscule to notice.

But hell, if what I said either paralled some of your own thoughts, or something similar that you read that had a lot of connections to these thoughts, it just may have made a bit bigger impact. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154288 - 12/03/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, you have me doubting my non-belief in hell now. Thank you very much, bastard!

J/K

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154293 - 12/03/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

By the way, J/K does not stand for Jesus Khrist.

Man I need some sleep! I have been up for two days.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2154294 - 12/03/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
[My mind holds a record that I no longer believe in hell. I cannot even remember what it was like to believe in hell. Just that I no longer do.

The "belief" in hell was thought combined with strong emotion. That belief is no longer there as far as I am concerned, So shut the fuck up and quit trying to convince me that I still believe in hell! :razz:

That's it, mister, you're going to HELL for that reply! :devil:

hehehe, Seriously, though, I knew what you meant all along. I was just being specific in the interest of everything that I was trying to say. :grin:

Hell, remember back in the day, when we would be exchanging like this except that we would have been all pissed and would have really got into it? How time changes things. :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2154297 - 12/03/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

goddamn it, hell doesn't exist...only in your mind it does!!!!

so I guess it exists, but in your mind. but then your mind creates your thoughts, and the outside world can percieve your thoughts, so we can all see if you are living in hell.

now I'm confused

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2154300 - 12/03/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

[Hell, remember back in the day, when we would be exchanging like this except that we would have been all pissed and would have really got into it? How time changes things. :grin:
Peace. 

I like you now that I think I understand your point of view better.  :heart:  You're fucking smart!

Also, I haven't been drinking as much lately. :tongue: 

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Mmm... Personality [Re: kaiowas]
    #2154310 - 12/03/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
goddamn it, hell doesn't exist...only in your mind it does!!!!

so I guess it exists, but in your mind.  but then your mind creates your thoughts, and the outside world can percieve your thoughts, so we can all see if you are living in hell. 

now I'm confused 

Imagine being stuck in that thought at the moment of death.

You better stop thinking that or you might die and be trapped in that thought for eternity. :frown: 

--------------------
-----------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom