Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc.
    #2151741 - 12/02/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There has been some debate on the differences between LSD and shrooms over the past couple of months (which is better, more visual etc....) and I am just gonna throw out some ideas concerning the various differences withou rambling on into boredom. Hopefully this will evolve into a brainstorm thread where everyone can include their personal insight:

To begin with, Im going to briefly compare the visuals that each of these drugs (psilocybin-LSD) delivers. In my opinion, LSD usually needs a threshold, blue-print or outline for its visuals to really begin to develop. For example: If I am looking at the stars while on acid, the stars will probably morph into geometric-awesome designs/ shift-breathing etc.. while the psilocybin effects will develop a hallucination such as a spaceship coming down or the stars taking the shape of something totally altered to the essence of a star. Another example: A tree or foliage will grow in that vineish like manner and crawl over the surrounding on an LSD hallucination and even though psilocybin has the potential to do this as well, there will probably be monkeys or snakes or eyes popping out of nowhere within the plants. I will end this outlook with a little trip report. A few months ago, I was hitting nitrous while on a microdot and staring at a down-feathered blanket which is hung over my window to minimize sunlight from entering my room. I enjoyed an array of anenome like sea- creatures popping out of the blanket and geometric designs cluttering my view. Well, I decided to try this again with shrooms and while staring at the blanket I noticed nothing much besides the movement of a little shadow but when I focused my perspective on that layer of vision I witnessed a magnificent out of this world intricate twirling geometric/Aztec/extra terrestrial mandala directly in front of my eyes which had no connection to the blanket...an awesome hallucination far better than LSD could ever deliver. Both are very similar in the realm of patterns and music influences but shroom hallucinations appear out of thin air while acid I think requires some type of schematic.

For the second topic, I have seen a lot of people who are craving LSD over shrooms. This is understandable considering LSD is one of those things that at the present time is relatively scarce and is the only drug missing from our list of mind-altering remedy's. Are LSD users falling back on easily available shrooms? Maybe, but I believe in a different perspective. Since LSD is hard to come by, society tends to hold a greater value on things that are scarce (fact). Lets look back when LSD was flowing like water and our comparisons of "which is better" was a level playing field. I know me and my friends came to the conclusion that even though acid was cheaper and easier to come by, we still enjoyed the overall affect of shrooms much better despite the fact they were harder to injest and 5 times more expensive. The earthy spiritual-more visual experience of shrooms has always been breathtaking only overshadowed by a "reborn" feeling the morning after. As apposed to acid which throws a monkey wrench into your twisted mind for 10 hours only followed by a unnatural wired dirty hangover which makes you feel like shit. When marijuana, Opium or shrooms becomes scarce, individual cultivators, (such as ourselves) can easily make up the supply difference with only investing a little time and maybe a few bucks. Synthesizing LSD on the other hand requires thousands of dollars in investment, huge risks of officials catching on with high profile chemical imports as well as having to be a certified chemist working full time to make this shit. Big difference huh!!. If Acid grew on trees and shrooms could only be synthesized with a chemist degree, do you think the tables would be turned? Many people here come to the conclusion that LSD is more valuable just because it had diluted over the years when in fact shrooms hold a higher price value then acid even in the present day. Would I trade a dose of shrooms for a dose of LSD? Probably, just because I (as well as most people on this board) have simple availability to shrooms through hunting or cultivating. I love all psychedelics but I just think shrooms delivers the effects of LSD (less intense on the mind fuck/lucid patterns) plus much much more. All additional insight is appreciated.
Peace, Orizon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: orizon]
    #2157313 - 12/04/03 03:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im one of those people who always want LSD over shrooms

but i have always liked Acid more than shrooms. Even when acid was flooded and easier for me to get than shrooms.

I don't know why, maybe cause i did LSD a lot of times before i ever tried shrooms. Maybe shrooms just affect me differently than most people

i always liked the visuals i got from GOOD acid more too though

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2157341 - 12/04/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

LSD :sun:  so much more multi-faceted then shrooms. Maybe i am biased just because i have done most of the dmt analouges and know exactly their traits and method of action. I am not bashing shrooms, they have their place. However i firmly believe lsd can do a lot of things shrooms could never do. Still you cant abuse it or it will abuse you. that goes for both. If i want a DMT trip, i will choose the original dmt over any of the substituted analouges. i dont know were im going with this, soooooo LSD :heart:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Anonymous

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: Infrared]
    #2157353 - 12/04/03 04:08 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i have never done LSD, but watched my friends on it. It seems to me that LSD would be more of a recreational psychedelic experience. With shrooms i always feel a spiritual connection, but on acid, from what i have saw, you talk your ass off and its easy to get on a big ego trip...i suppose that is until you lose your ego(if ya get that gone)

Shrooms throw visuals at me even at low doses, faces are so easy to see, they are everywhere and will morph into various other shit if i stare at them. My friend who just tried LSD told me he had to actually sit back and relax his mind into seeing visuals(it was a low dose of LSD, but on low doses of shrooms i still see visuals without trying)

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: ]
    #2159165 - 12/04/03 08:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I really like both. I find that on mushrooms, I get more closed eye visuals, where on LSD, I get more open eye visuals. LSD definately has worse after effects than shrooms though. Usually feel kinda crappy the next day. Mushrooms leave me feeling good.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2159241 - 12/04/03 09:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

WOW....my analysis finally got some attention..at first I thought I might of written all my thoughts in vain. I totally agree that each have there place. Another characteritic of shrooms is that it has a tendency to weigh you down or just has a more stoned affect rather than the frantic effects of LSD. I guess LSD's energenic qualities is a plus when you are at a rave and want to dance for hours on end rather than just sitting back and enjoying the show (more likely with shrooms). Has anybody tried Pan Cyans-Copes?!?!?...I find the visuals on those are amazing!!! No stoned feeling or anxiety just pure visual smooth euphoric Bliss. just as a side note, I thought LSD and shrooms were even on the playing field of rec. drugs until I tried Copes which put shrooms over the top. I have tripped 22 times. (yes I log them...twice on Datura, 9 on various amounts of LSD and 11 on shrooms) 4 of the top 5 best trips were on shrooms and LSD takes the other one maybe cause it was my first time doing a psychadelic and was at a music fest---took me by surprise and BLew me away. I guess a subject like this will be hard to break down into comprehendable explanations but I thought I'd give it a shot. Psychadelics just amaze me.
Peace, ORizon

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2159313 - 12/04/03 09:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Here is my input on the difference in visuals

for me on mushrooms, all the colors aroudn me become sooooo intense, like grass looks soooo green,sky looks soooo blue. Everything gets really wavy and melty, the floor starts splashing in waves, the grass starts growing etc....i also see faces all over the place, and weird cartoons all over the floor

on higher doses, the visuals on mushrooms are really weird: watching rugs become portals that i actually walk through, flying through the universe and seeing galaxies swirling around,
For me those type of visuals are almost like im daydreaming and getting lost in my daydream or something but im totally sure they are real

With acid the visuals seem to have more possibilities.
On shrooms i just see faces in the grass, but on acid i would see people climb out of the grass and start talking. 
Low doses of acid dont give that great of visuals, things shift around a lot, but you have to focus on it to really notice it
high doses are amazing though, endless colors and patterns that reflect to infinity, acid visuals seem to form out of almost nowhere for me, and just build on themselves to become insanely detailed and vivid.  and the colors! my god the colors! 

What i really like about visuals i get from acid is that first I see them, but then they just come alive as if I've given them a spark of life or soemthing

For me, the visuals on acid seem to be more due to a change in the way that my mind processes what i see.  Its a lot like one of those optical illusions where you look can look at a picture one way and see a young woman, but if your mind processes it a different way it can look an old woman (does anybody knows what im talking about?).  Whatever happens in your brain to change the way you see those pictures, acid does that times a billion to me.

So for me, visuals from low doses of mushrooms are probably better than visuals from low doses of acid

But visuals from high doses of GOOD acid are just amazing to me, and seem to stem from a change in mental processing

In conclusion, Tripping is Fun
:cool:

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2159432 - 12/04/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting Input slipknot. Keep in mind that it would be quite difficult for anybody to eat over an ounce (8 doses of shrooms) as opposed to simply dropping 8 tabs of acid. I personally have never eaten more than a quarter of shrooms in 1 night because I was satisfied me to the fullest and for that night, my mind had eneouph. However dropping multiple tabs of acid is not uncommon for some reason. Then there is the factor of hom much mics is on each tab...sigh. I think you would agree though that if you at an ounce of shrooms, you'd pobally open unknown doors and trip yourself into oblivion as opposed to dropping 8 tabs of acid which Im sure would be enjoyable as well.
I have personally seen much more intricate and detailed visuals on shrooms as opposed to acid as well but I guess that is a personal opinion. My trip reports usually take over 10 minutes to read but I'd love to share with anybody who would listen.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2159567 - 12/04/03 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

> Keep in mind that it would be quite difficult for anybody to eat over an ounce

this is kinda off topic, but...

Following that logic, fresh mushrooms are probably more difficult to consume in bulk than dried.  So it could be quite difficult for an animal, or a person, to overdose on fresh shrooms in the wild.  They would have to be starving and have nothing else to eat.  Or purposely eat them in attempt to reach a high dosage level.  This is interesting because that means mushrooms could have been a low-dose supplement in some natural diets.  Low dose tripping might have given some animals an intellectual evolutionary edge. 

As opposed to the reigning theory that eating wild mushrooms will take the eater on a confusing trip, as a defensive poisonous reaction by the shrooms.  But quite alot of mushrooms would have to be consumed for that to happen.  In that way, producing psilocybin is not an effective individual defensive strategy.  It only works to fend off mass extinction of a colony. hmmmmmmmm

:sun:   

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: pattern]
    #2159598 - 12/04/03 10:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I appreciate your input but I dont know where animals play into this picture. I am simply saying that eating 8 doses of shrooms would be almost impossible in my retrospect as opposed to eating 8 tabs of acid. When people trip on acid, it is quite often to take more than 1 hit or cut a larger dose. I am responding to the comment which states higher doses of acid produce better effects than higher doses of shrooms.
Oh oops...I just noticed that you meant your response is off topic rather than saying that my quote (which you posted) was off topic...Misunderstanding. But I think my statement of dose for dose holds some ground.

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2159639 - 12/04/03 11:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

heres my thoughts on this; i have done acid hundreds of times, and never once had a bad trip. i have done mushrooms probably 10 times, and have had 3 bad trips.

i think theres something to acid, it feels more "up" and mushrooms feel more "grounded" or "low".

as for the visuals, heres my comparison. mushrooms everything looks like an impressionist painting of things unknown, done in crayons of colors that dont exist on this realm. acid is like somehow minurature neon light animals found a life of there own and began acting crazy, and mimicing patterns from your other senses and memories.

i never see the colors i see on mushrooms with acid, and vice versa. mushrooms i get very earthy tones, they may still be bright, but they look like they make sense in the grand scheme of natural things. acid colors are more like neon lights to me, something that never could have been seen otherwise like a whole new spectrum of light.

thats the best comparison i can think of. i miss acid, i really do, mushrooms just havnt been cutting it for me.

to each there own though.

~JSlice~

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2159674 - 12/04/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno i dont really think you can say that 1 hit of acid is equal to one 8th of shrooms

Especially with acid, you cant go by hits, you have to go by mics, cause a hit of acid can vary greatly

Like in the 60's, 1 hit would be 500 mics, which is much stronger than one hit now.
And especially lately, all the acid ive run across is weak compared to what i used to be able to get

i wasn't talking about doses
i was just talking about intensity

You can trip really hard on acid, or pretty mild on acid, you can trip really hard on shrooms, or pretty mild on shrooms.
If i'm going to trip, i would rather trip hard

I agree that an ounce of shrooms would be ridiculously intense and eye-opening. But i was just saying i definatly prefer a high intensity trip on lsd than an equal intensity trip on mushrooms

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2159698 - 12/04/03 11:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Id much rather take lsd over mushrooms. The mindset overall in mushrooms and lsd i think are really similar. Visual wise mushrooms for me are very textural and colurful. Textures look crazy pronounced. Colors grow brighter. Wood grain flows. LSD is more of patterns, things swelling, waving, shrinking, growing.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: angryjslice]
    #2159810 - 12/05/03 12:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm..i can definately relate to that. Shroom colors do tend to be more pastel or natural while acid colors are more vivid or lucid. But then again I have seen Vegas like neons and signs pop outta the ground from shrooms and put on their flamboyant sequenced display of vibrant lights. I think maybe acid amplifies colors a bit more than msuh but colors fabricate from thin air more often on shrooms IMO.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2159834 - 12/05/03 12:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yes Slipknot...that is true. I am only 20 and can only compare to the acid I have taken in the past years....I guess back in the 60's there could have been 10 times more LSD on a microdot then there is on a tab of acid today. But those are the days of the past and if you do find LSD....your not gonna find 500 mics on 1 hit unless you dip it yourself. From what I know, 1 dose of shrooms gives me more of a high then one (present day) dose of acid--a few papers/drops. I have never been one of those guys you plays with my mind and taken dozens of hits at a time either. So I guess in a sense, I might be more of an amateur.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2159871 - 12/05/03 12:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

haha in my mind 1 dose of acid will always be around 500 mics, even if it takes a lot of hits to get to it

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

#2159897 - 12/05/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Then again...who is to say how much of each substance is equivalent to one dose? In your mind is 500 mics 1 dose?

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2159964 - 12/05/03 01:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah it is

but when i was describing the trips, i was comparing them by the intensity of the experiences, not by the doses.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #2160568 - 12/05/03 06:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

an ounce of shrooms....crushed and gelcaped would be quite easy to take....i'm not game to try it though....
...any takers?

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Shrooms vs. LSD..theorys, differences in hallucinations etc. [Re: Hanky]
    #2165703 - 12/07/03 03:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

HAs anybody even come close to taking a whole ounce of dried shrooms???? I personally think the experiece would be uncomfortable but certainly mindblowing. Until somebody dares to take on such a feat, there is harldy a way to compare the 2 substances.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience