Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21448913 -

how do they look primal?


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21449064 -

Hard to say. They look like cubes, so you're doing a lot right already. :thumbup:

Edited by PrimalSoup (03/23/15 10:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21449069 -

:awelol:

Damn, u guys are awesome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21449077 -

Didn't want go there, but I took another look.  "Healthy" isn't really the same thing as "hasn't got any obvious problems."  I still say MJ needs to invest in agar skills, it's the only way to be sure. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21449131 -

PrimalSoup said:
Hard to say. They look like cubes, so you're doing a lot right already. :thumbup:




Well you asked to see them :shrug:


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21449149 -

PrimalSoup said:
Didn't want go there, but I took another look.  "Healthy" isn't really the same thing as "hasn't got any obvious problems."  I still say MJ needs to invest in agar skills, it's the only way to be sure. :shrug:





what about pan cyan?


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21449180 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
PrimalSoup said:
Hard to say. They look like cubes, so you're doing a lot right already. :thumbup:




Well you asked to see them :shrug:



I don't see any obvious problems, but no canopies either - are the pinsets always sparse?  What about yield?  There seems to be some photroping going on, so light could be a problem... 

Anyway, this all belongs in cultivation forum not TPE.


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21449214 -

yields are always fine and I give a 12/12 light cycle

none of this should effect the potency like it is


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #21449267 -

Vigor definitely affects the potency but it's hard to measure.  That's why you do iso, select for the strongest strains and propagate the fuck outta them. :lol:


Edited by PrimalSoup (03/23/15 11:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21449474 -

Hey Primal, whats more difficult, groing pan cyans or doing agar work?

To me, they seem about the same difficulty :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21449551 -

Beats me, I've never grown Pan cyans.  Ps. cyans, yes.  Agar is easy, good grows are are a lot harder in general - there's so many new and interesting ways to screw it up, and I've probably done most of them. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21450133 -

PrimalSoup said:
Vigor definitely affects the potency but it's hard to measure.  That's why you do iso, select for the strongest strains and propagate the fuck outta them. :lol:






I gotcha.

so what you are saying is that everything ties into potency.

Genetics, vigor, strain, substrates..etc. They key is to knock them ALL out of the ballpark for great potency.

What im doing is, not knocking any out of the park. Im doing just enough to get by in all areas, which could be why im seeing low potency.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21450184 -

Bingo.

You got it man.

You need perfect everything to get ultra potency. Perfect genetics, perfect substrate, perfect fruoting environment, etc...

If u only get one, than its only soo good.


But if u have near perfect genetics, it will still do pretty good if u have average substrate and average growing conditions. Of course ideal is have everything ideal for the shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21450232 -

I think if you were to do a lil bit of novice  mycology you could bridge the potency gap.

Like for instance... knocking up 4-5 jars up and taking the fastest colonizing jar and doing a g2g transfer on that one jar to7- 10 jars.

Although not being a true isolate your going to have a better chance with not only speed but vigor and strength with that one jar. YOu can use the others as back up. But label them as they finish. 1-2-3-4- 5. Most likey not going to use the 3-4-5 jars for transfers but you can use them.

Then if you really want speed. YOu could possibly clone or take the first print off the first mushroom that comes that sub and use it.

Genetics are not my strong point but in reality spores from a mushroom are going to produce a mushroom that looks similar to the parent mushroom

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #21450270 -

but speed of colonization doesn't mean it has strong genetics so I don't understand that logic


I was actually under the impression that the slower the colonization means you have more of a chance for potent mushrooms because the myc is digesting longer and getting a firmer "grip" on the substrate


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21450338 -

Well you always want speed because if you don't have it your more likely to contaminate.

I think your probably running into too many sub strains. Basically knocking up two to three jars with spores letting them fully develop and then trying to reconnect them in the sub. Most likely resulting with colonizing issues. Possibly potency issues.

I think if you were to take the fastest jar its more likely to be one solid strain instead of multiple. Slow, fast, medium, ...Like you have in multiple jars.

Edited by Tomandjerry58 (03/24/15 09:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #21450488 -

Cyans :tee:


--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #21450586 -

Awww Bill, you didn't get the message?  It takes three full eights to really trip on shrooms. Even if your friend has to shove them down your throat while you are puking... you won't break through with only one or two eights, you need that third one. Its a well known fact.


Seriously though, you are basically using a grow kit if you don't make your sub or cook your grains. If you have a pressure cooker and an oven, do it yourself. It would help, as others have said, to learn agar too...its not that hard.

I'm pretty sure there are no mushroom superlabs that "dealer mushrooms" come from or anything...they are homegrown to someone, somewhere, who did their homework.

Your psychedelic superiority complex might also contribute, the volume is a little loud at times.

Whatever it is... I hope you figure it out soon and grow some extra potent mushrooms, and extract some amazing D, and have some great epiphanies about life. We can always use more of those.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #21450603 -

If you browse this place long enough, you'll find tons of contradictory advice and practices. Shrooms are very mysterious, and I don't think anyone truly understands what makes them tick. 

Shroomopotamus said:
you gotta feed them good vibes
it's equally as important as the water they drink



Science hasn't caught up with this. From reading the various grow teks/logs, the main theme is controlling all the variables that go into shroom cultivation, but you can never control all the variables 100% of the time. I firmly believe mushrooms pick and choose who to come to and how hard.

Edited by AuspiciousBanana (03/24/15 10:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21451141 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
PrimalSoup said:
Vigor definitely affects the potency but it's hard to measure.  That's why you do iso, select for the strongest strains and propagate the fuck outta them. :lol:






I gotcha.

so what you are saying is that everything ties into potency.

Genetics, vigor, strain, substrates..etc. They key is to knock them ALL out of the ballpark for great potency.

What im doing is, not knocking any out of the park. Im doing just enough to get by in all areas, which could be why im seeing low potency.



Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. :thumbup:

You want to take the puppy home that's crawling all over you, not the one that sits in the corner.  So to speak.

Quote:
but speed of colonization doesn't mean it has strong genetics so I don't understand that logic



Not necessarily best for POTENCY but it has a lot more going for it to start with.  IME IF you select for best looking myc you TEND to get great results, because its a selection under constant conditions of growth.  You pick the strain that shows itself more competent in growth and work with that.  If you want to go strictly for potency you can make random selections of a bunch of decent looking strains and grow them all out, then choose based on the fruits.  But I've rarely done that deliberately, as the first isolation step gets you very close to an optimal strain to grow.


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* trip sickness, a problem caused by way mushroom cultivated?
( 1 2 3 all )
MycoGlowFlow 6,292 57 08/16/03 09:08 AM
by soochi
* On mushroom extraction... esin 5,350 11 02/19/03 03:48 PM
by felix
* Homegrown vs. Picked Shrooms deadguy 3,623 9 04/15/06 10:50 AM
by ilovemushies
* Strange SIde Effects on Homegrown Cubensis FreakShow 2,780 19 12/04/02 05:13 PM
by slime_R
* Should I eat mushrooms right now? Dogomush 2,083 12 05/26/03 03:55 AM
by Fliquid
* EAting your homegrowns shroomizzy 863 7 01/03/03 03:08 AM
by shroomizzy
* Wild vs. Homegrown GoodOlBattonAss 926 3 04/04/03 02:18 PM
by Seuss
* dosage on my homegrown littlejohn747 1,181 8 11/07/03 03:22 AM
by littlejohn747

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
7,677 topic views. 1 members, 27 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.