Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21445103 -

PrimalSoup knows the truth!

MS isnt a gamble in your favor. A highly potent shroom crop is rare, and likely mixed with other less potnet shrooms, so it basically gets "lost in the mix".

If u CONSISTENTLY potent shrooms, grow to grow, u have to isolate strains using agar. Thats what the pro's use (aka dealers and TC's).

Leave the world of Multispore and get into isolating. Its worth the extra time and effort, trust us!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21446132 -

It's also still possible that it's genetics.  Think of a roulette wheel.  Although unlikely, it's still possible to hit "red" 20 times in a row.  Maybe you're just really unlucky.


--------------------

(Yes, the egg is real)

How to post pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: FriedEgg]
    #21446412 -

I might just grow cyan.


Do I just grow it like regular cubes but use manure for the bulk sub?

and keep the humidity down to 75%?


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21446480 -

Depends on which "cyans" you are talking about.

Pan cyans are grown like cubes, but need manure. One of my favorite species, very unique trip. u need a lot of them to have a strong trip (at least the wild ones i picked).

Ps cyans are a cold weather wood-loving species. Also, potent like pan cyans. I would say ps cyans are most similar to the potency of dealer shrooms, i would say they are about 75% The potency of dealer cubes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21446733 -

Im talking about pan cyan. So how much stronger are they compared to cubes? I think im just going to grow those from now on depending what feedback i get from you guys. Like if its worth it and if its too difficult.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447159 -

But will they be Dealer grade Cyans?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: grainbrain]
    #21447164 -

grainbrain said:
But will they be Dealer grade Cyans?




that makes no sense.

they will be homegrown cyan...


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447191 -

i used to pick them, pan cyans, and when fresh, u need at least a 10.5" x 10" plastic baggie half full to have a decent trip.

Thats a alot of shrooms!

If u  are good at casing, go  for it! Its worth the unique experience, much different than cubes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21447243 -

I thought pan cyan were stronger than cubes


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... *DELETED* [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447259 -

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Sanguin3]
    #21447269 -

Do you get the same weight per flush as cubensis?


if pan cyan are more potent and just as easy to grow...why does anybody even bother growing cubensis?


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Sanguin3]
    #21447271 -

:strokebeard: You are what you eat? :shrug:


--------------------



                                                                                       
>

 
                                            [__________________________]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447361 -

Bill_Oreilly said:
I thought pan cyan were stronger than cubes



They are, but if you can't even produce good cubes i'd be surprised if you could produce good pans, might be worth the experiment for you though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #21447489 -

Lol @ the dealer grade shrooms, I don't even get who would think of that. When you grow mushrooms you grow mushrooms, there isn't different terms from home grown to someone you bought them from lol, unless you know the grower used a cloned isolate.

As for your weak mushrooms sounds like you don't do everything optimally to have the highest chance of getting the most potency out of them, for one the consolidation period after colonization plays a BIG role. :mushroom2:


--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #21447534 -

psilocybinjunkie said:
Bill_Oreilly said:
I thought pan cyan were stronger than cubes



They are, but if you can't even produce good cubes i'd be surprised if you could produce good pans, might be worth the experiment for you though.




I would agree if the mushrooms I were growing were unhealthy, like if the myc ran up the stems and whatnot. But seeing as how my mushrooms are really healthy, I think pan cyan would be a good idea. My technique isn't the problem.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447792 -

:picdidnthappen:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21447799 -

:lol:

don't be dissin my mushrooms boy

but seriously, im confident the problem isn't the way in which I cared for them.

I think It has more to do with rushing the fruiting process and not letting the trays to consolidate longer.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21447830 -

Agar, my man, agar.  Everything you're describing sounds like MS.  Cut to the chase, you'll be SO much happier.  Consolidation time improves potency true, but it's like the icing on the cake, not the cake.  But come on, haven't you got pics?  Everybody does. :lol:


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #21447848 -

PrimalSoup said:
Agar, my man, agar.  Everything you're describing sounds like MS.  Cut to the chase, you'll be SO much happier.  Consolidation time improves potency true, but it's like the icing on the cake, not the cake.  But come on, haven't you got pics?  Everybody does. :lol:




hold on, ill check.

I used to on my old phone but I just got a new one so I lost all my contacts and pictures.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why do all my homegrown mushrooms suck... [Re: Bill_Oreilly] * 1
    #21447859 -







these APE's below are the only mushrooms I got decent feedback with. the guy that took them took an 8th and said he was so "fucked up" that he couldn't leave his house. But keep in mind this dude is a druggy and only eats mushrooms to "laugh and see colors".




that pic was the very last flush of the batch. the first 2 or 3 flushes had much better yields.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* trip sickness, a problem caused by way mushroom cultivated?
( 1 2 3 all )
MycoGlowFlow 6,292 57 08/16/03 09:08 AM
by soochi
* On mushroom extraction... esin 5,353 11 02/19/03 03:48 PM
by felix
* Homegrown vs. Picked Shrooms deadguy 3,623 9 04/15/06 10:50 AM
by ilovemushies
* Strange SIde Effects on Homegrown Cubensis FreakShow 2,780 19 12/04/02 05:13 PM
by slime_R
* Should I eat mushrooms right now? Dogomush 2,083 12 05/26/03 03:55 AM
by Fliquid
* EAting your homegrowns shroomizzy 863 7 01/03/03 03:08 AM
by shroomizzy
* Wild vs. Homegrown GoodOlBattonAss 926 3 04/04/03 02:18 PM
by Seuss
* dosage on my homegrown littlejohn747 1,181 8 11/07/03 03:22 AM
by littlejohn747

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
7,677 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.