Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Everyone justifies
    #2126801 - 11/21/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It seems natural to me that EVERYONE believes they are doing the right thing in their life. No matter how seemingly absurd it is to an observer: in that person's world, he is doing what he thinks he should.
The alcoholic wife and kid beater, the local crackhead, the rampant serial killer, the incredibly loud fundamentalist christian preacher, George Bush, Osama Bin Laden, Suddam Hussein.
They are all doing what they feel they have to, as far as I can tell.
I find this very interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Grav]
    #2126803 - 11/21/03 06:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Indeed. We are all living our lives, and our lives are ours. Its crazy stuff. :grin:

I'd go into more detail, but I feel as if I need to play this guitar more. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Anonymous

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2126805 - 11/21/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Rock on!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2126836 - 11/21/03 07:14 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno if it is really the right thing. people tend to act out emotions rather think if this is the correct situation. I know from first hand experience from my mother who beat the hell out of me. When I looked into those eyes, there was nothing there. just red eyes, and spit, venomous. nothing and I mean no kind of thought of what's right or wrong goes into beating a kid. its an action man and not a lot of rational thought goes into these emotional outburts.

so to really say everyone is doing what they have to do..doesn't quite eclipse everything. a lot of people are unaware of their own thoughts or as Star Wars says over and over again "being mindful of your thoughts"

if everyone did, this world would be a lot different IMHO

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2126940 - 11/21/03 08:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

They believe they are doing the right thing for them, but do you think they think they are doing the right thing for everybody? I think the interest of others is not in their own.

--------------------
What?

Offlineguitarmon
musician

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2126973 - 11/21/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

People do what they believe is the right thing ... thats part of it ... but their actions are also influenced by their society/culture belief system.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Everyone justifies [Re: guitarmon]
    #2126994 - 11/21/03 09:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When it is boiled down, our actions are motivated by our desire for happiness, and are influenced by our ignorance to the way people and situations really are. Ignorance is a contaminant of our mental continuum. Taking contaminated steps toward happiness begins a cycle of suffering.

The harmful impact of our actions is directly related to the gap between what we perceive and what is actual. The depth of our suffering is therefore directly related to the depth of our ignorance.

The depth of that ignorance is directly related to the depth of our self-focus. "If you can see your own eyes, you can't see much anything else."

The first step in the direction of harmony is to re-orient our self-focus, and place our attention on the welfare of others. From this action, wisdom arises naturally.

Our happiness is connected to our wisdom.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2127502 - 11/21/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You just figured out the secret of the Universe

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: kaiowas]
    #2127818 - 11/21/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Emotional outbursts.
Have you ever been so pissed off at someone that you thought it would be wrong NOT to punch them right in the face at that instant?

In times like these rational thought goes out the window, yet we still have this righteous view of our actions, like there is every reason that they should happen.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2128052 - 11/21/03 05:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"The harmful impact of our actions is directly related to the gap between what we perceive and what is actual. The depth of our suffering is therefore directly related to the depth of our ignorance."

but we can never percieve the actual, so doesnt that make our ignorance inescapable>?

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2128198 - 11/21/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Mixo: You sir, then believe everything is false (even this sentence) if we can never perceive the actual?

BTW, Ped that made me smile :smile: It also helped me ground myself to my thought patterns better.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Everyone justifies [Re: psyka]
    #2128215 - 11/21/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

NEARLY EVERYONE has compulsive actions which they can't help.

A TON of people hate their compulsions.

That means alot of people are in conflict with themselves.

That means alot of people have guilt.

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: jiva]
    #2128261 - 11/21/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

psyka: no im not saying everything is false, im saying humans cannot experience objective reality - which doesnt mean there isnt any truth, but rather, truth is completely subjective.

this is interesting, because really...only truth can exist, and yet we cannot grasp it because we are bound to our senses and memories which corrupt our ability to experience objective truth.

that sounds pretty nonsensical when I read it. Can anyone suggest to me an occurance of man experiencing truth>? without any religious rhetoric?

Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2128289 - 11/21/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

word mix, that makes perfect sense... our lives and everything in it play as factors molding the way we look at reality. Is this what you mean or have i mistaken it for something else?

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: sensi]
    #2128315 - 11/21/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, thats basically it, our experiences mold how we use our senses and how we analyze external information, and consequently distance us from true-objective reality.

but really, the existance of a material objective reality is irrelevant in the lives of humans, our own self-created realities are all that matter apart from from having enough to eat and drink.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Ped]
    #2131065 - 11/23/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What if there is something else, beyond what you would call the ego. This may be hearsey but jesus thought that suffering did help others, obviously, was he self focused? Was he ignorant? Or did he not suffer... and was simply in ecstasy? Because i suffer, does that mean that i am completelely self focused. Surely for me to think about suffering i would have to consider my self, and have eyes for focus, now thats common sense. But what if i do find myself in battle, with forces, because i think things have to be done? am i dillusional, or has my head gotten ahead of me, and am i as ignorant as fack? Im not saying im jesus or anything, but i do suffer trying to do what i think i should. Sure i want happiness, but more than that i want other people to not have to suffer like they do. In order for me to understand that, i have to suffer myself. Maybe that is one thing the buddha never learned ( or was that for the bodhivistas?), in order to allieviate others you have to experience their pain, so you can connec... so you can save others? Maybe that is a stretch, maybe that is beyond the conventional. But who is to say that everything has already been learned, that everything has already been done. Who is to say what is and what is not the way to some place, for after all we are all here on this road called life, some people take paths with deep trails, and yet others travel in heavy forests. What do you think?

--------------------
What?

Edited by Zero7a1 (11/23/03 07:11 PM)

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

#2131091 - 11/23/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if there was no reason to do a thing, it wouldn't be done. This just proves there are an infinite number of views and opinions. and things with no logical thot. watch a dog wander around a room one day. somethings have little logical thot. so what motivates the dog? aand im not talking about the dog eating or drinking or responding to commands or asking for affection. just wandering with that vacant look.

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: Everyone justifies [Re: Entelle]
    #2131097 - 11/23/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its just wandering with that vacant look. I like doing that, makes forget about stupid shite.

--------------------
What?

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

#2131104 - 11/23/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

like the homeless argument; stupid shite

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2131105 - 11/23/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What about when badgers appear out of nowhere and start dancing and then mushrooms pop up and then eventually a snake slithers along? Is that free will?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order