Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
A real-life example of dream ESP
    #2111380 - 11/16/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well the other night, I was having a splendid little dream.

At one point in the dream, however, one of my teeth (my back right molar) felt a little loose and I ended up pulling it out and looking at it. I noticed that about half of it was gone (decayed). I looked up from it and all the sudden there is my mother, and she said something like: "Gee, you really need to go to the dentist and get that fixed."

Well, about 3 days later (in real life, not in a dream), my Mom called me up out of the blue, said she was gonna be in town, and wanted to have lunch. We met at a restaraunt, and as soon as I took a bite into my sandwich, my right, back molar split in two. I pulled a huge chunk of it out of my mouth, and my mom was like: "Gee, you really need to go to the dentist!"

Now, I look in the mirror at what's left of my molar (in my mouth) and it looks exactly like the decayed remains of my tooth in the dream. Dentist says I need a root canal.

Anyway, I was hoping some skeptic could come up with a rational explanation for this.

Meantime, I'm gonna brush a little harder and lay off the sodas. Hopefully I'll get another percodan scrip for this!

(PS- dream ESP stuff like this happens to me all the time. It would be wierd if it didnt happen)

Edited by DoctorJ (11/16/03 12:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2111522 - 11/16/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Alright.. now I'm freaked out.
I had a very similar dream a few months ago, and later on in reality I was eating some food when my back right molar broke in half. Apparently it was caused by my wisdom tooth pushing it in and putting a lot of pressure on it. Wish I could afford the dentist. Also, my mom lives in another state and is coming to visit soon. That sounds like something she would say.

Fuck whoever said synchronicity isn't real.
But anyway.. yeah.. that's weird.

edit: by the way, I am a self-proclaimed skeptic, and according to the infallible laws of science and hyperdynamics, the only logical explanation for this freak occurrence is that you have psychic, precognitive abilities and use them, and that we are somehow energetically linked.

--------------------

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: Shroomism]
    #2111578 - 11/16/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

synchronicity is fun, educatinal, exciting, and they keep you on the edge of your seat! try it! the firts one's free >_<hehehe

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2111591 - 11/16/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I don't have money for the dentist either, that's why I'm sending the bill to Mommy and Daddy :wink:  I feel guilty for making them pay for my fucked up teeth, so I told them it could be my Christmas present.  Knowing their generosity, they'll probably send me money on Christmas anyway (thanx M&D!  ur the best!)

But seriously, what ever happened to Dental Coverage?

I dunno...  everyone I know younger than 30 has fucked up teeth.  I think its cause we were raised on sodas and candy.  And the fluoride in the drinking water.

Quote:

edit: by the way, I am a self-proclaimed skeptic, and according to the infallible laws of science and hyperdynamics, the only logical explanation for this freak occurrence is that you have psychic, precognitive abilities and use them, and that we are psychically linked.

Its not "I" who have the precognitive abilities :wink:

You ever get the feeling that you were doing stuff behind you're own back in dreams?  Writing the script for tommorow or something? :crazy:

I remember a lot of my dreams, but sometimes I get the feeling that I'm only remembering what I'm "supposed" to remember. 

Offlinethelox
    #2111598 - 11/16/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard having dreams of your teeth rotting and falling out are supposed to be some what common

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2111613 - 11/16/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Dental coverage? What's that?  :confused: :wtf:
Now I work 50 hours a week but I am unfamiliar with this 'dental plan' that you speak of  :wink:...god bless amerikkka.

Yeah I know what you mean about writing the script in your dreams. Sometimes I'll get pissed at myself for not remembering a cool dream, but then I'll just be like.. ahhh, it's meant to be. If I really need to remember a dream, I will remember it.

But yeah, like you said.. ESP dreams are more common for me then they aren't. I'd start getting freaked out if I only had regular dreams, I'm so used to them by now. It's gotten to the point where I get excited about going to sleep because I am thinking about all the adventures I can go on and all the things I can learn. heh.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: thelox]
    #2111616 - 11/16/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

most of my dreams are extremely non-tooth related.

but this definitely isnt the first time my dreams have warned me about health/social/emotional problems that haven't happened yet.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2111618 - 11/16/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thelox said:
I've heard having dreams of your teeth rotting and falling out are supposed to be some what common

Yeah, but it's a little bit different when you have the dream and then it actually happens in real life. Usually they say dreams of losing teeth is symbolic of some event in your life where you are worried or stressed or something. But when you dream of a tooth falling out, and then it falls out.. that's a little different.

--------------------

Offlinethelox
    #2111637 - 11/16/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Yeah, but it's a little bit different when you have the dream and then it actually happens in real life. Usually they say dreams of losing teeth is symbolic of some event in your life where you are worried or stressed or something. But when you dream of a tooth falling out, and then it falls out.. that's a little different.

I know what you mean. I had a dream the other week that had a very literal connection that came forth a couple days later. It's like do you throw logic out the window. More or More I find instances where through dreams or just thoughts that pop into my mind out of nowhere that seem to make sense later, as if out consciousnes really isn't at least on some level limited to time. Or someone may say that it is mathamatically possible that you will have a dream throughout your life that will come true.

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
    #2111810 - 11/16/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Isn't it possible that instead of you having esp, that similar events can happen to people? Or that maybe it proves that dream states are powerful tools for us to use if possible. OR maybe like the dream is it's own entity and being, and it like fucked with you and as a direct result of your brain seeing that happen, it like modified the ultimate substance of reality since everythign react with one another (I mean hell dna communicates with photons, hey plants could communicate with us!!!) and as a result the dream reailty forced itself into "reality". and now your tooth is messed.

One last one... or maybe you are still alseep... and you will wake up going damn man I had a dram my tooth broke, then in my drea mI woke up it broke and I posted about it, and now I am up for sure.

I had this one lucid dream, only instead of me floting around, I didn't know I was dreaming and all this really fucked up shit happened, its been a while so for me to type it all out without knowing someone wanted to hear about my fucked up dreams would be a waste, but anyways I woke up in that dream and fucked up shit was still going on, and I was so scared.... more than maybe I have ever been. When I finally woke up I wasn't sure I was up yet, and I went to work and the whole day was majorly messed up.....

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #2111868 - 11/16/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would say that you subconsios recognised your tooth was decaying. It would have known your tooth was very soon to split in 2 and so the night before bought this information to you, in the form of the dream you experienced. I belive that the parts of the mind we are unaware of know everything. Your mother might have called you up out of the blue, but clues may have been given to you, by her, as to her intentions. Even if she did not know she was meeting you, somewhere inside her, she did. I don't think there is anything mystical in preminitions, or psychic phonomon, I think it is all possible. Even explained.

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2111881 - 11/16/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah that was the closest thing to a rational explanation I could think of also. Too bad its hogwash.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2111901 - 11/16/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ah i dunno about hogwash :P
I belive in that sort of thing, yet i also find that whole proces quite mystical

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2111903 - 11/16/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well maybe not "mystical" .. maybe "amazing", something to feel alive about

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2111916 - 11/16/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, I meant hogwash in terms of rationality.  my working belief surrounding this occurence is decidedly irrational, as per my custom :smile:

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2111921 - 11/16/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

irational beliefs are not accepted here. Please leave :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2113001 - 11/16/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

how about this

you knew your tooth was in bad shape and you weren't totally aware of it, but it manifested itself in your dream and then it happened.

or you didn't have this dream at all but when the tooth fell out, you had a false memory. People have false memories all of the time that they interpret as esp. Memory is a tricky thing, many people remember going places they haven't been, or seeing movies that they haven't really seen

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2113715 - 11/16/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm glad this topic was brought up..about 5 months ago I had a very detailed and vivid dream of me being arrested for selling drugs by two cops who werent in uniform. I woke up almost sweating as I got ready for work that morning..something TOLD me to stay at home that day and play sick. Me being a dedicated employee I went to work anyway and 3 hrs later right before lunch time I was arrested at my job for a drug charge, there were of course two sherrifs waiting for me outside my work gate, not in uniform. Keep in mind I only remember about 1-2 dreams every 6 months or so. I really wish there was a logical explanation for this. I truely believe we have some precognitive abilities. Someone else let me know what they think about this.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinethelox
Re: A real-life example of dream ESP [Re: SuperD]
    #2116494 - 11/17/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
I'm glad this topic was brought up..about 5 months ago I had a very detailed and vivid dream of me being arrested for selling drugs by two cops who werent in uniform. I woke up almost sweating as I got ready for work that morning..something TOLD me to stay at home that day and play sick. Me being a dedicated employee I went to work anyway and 3 hrs later right before lunch time I was arrested at my job for a drug charge, there were of course two sherrifs waiting for me outside my work gate, not in uniform. Keep in mind I only remember about 1-2 dreams every 6 months or so. I really wish there was a logical explanation for this. I truely believe we have some precognitive abilities. Someone else let me know what they think about this.

I think that our concept of time could be flawed. I think it's pretty well believed that the mind works on different levels that we are not always conscious of. The skeptic will point out that there is always a possibility that it was a fluke, mathamatically possible. It's just that how many times can you tell yourself not to believe what seems like a more likely answer just to please what is believed currently at least outwardly. When we only deal with the physical senses we limit ourselves. I think this is why drug users are more open to such ideas. People who have never done drugs have really only experienced the world in one way, unless they are lucid dreamers.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2116766 - 11/17/03 01:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I used to be an absolute skeptic when it came to things like this. The logical, science oriented side of my mind would claim that coincidences happen. Somewhere, somebody can flip a coin and get all heads one million times in a row... people do win the lottery... etc...

However, as I have matured, my mind has become more open to possibities beyond what the senses can detect or logic describe. In the end, nobody can say for certain if you had some kind of ESP thing, or if this was simply a statistical blip.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale