Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Calea Zacatechichi

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Problems with lucid dreaming
    #2169049 - 12/08/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So I've pulled it off successfully a few times. By no means am I even remotely "good" at it. Here's the problem.

If I see something out of place in a dream and make note of it, the dream stops. It just disappears. For example, I was dreaming that a friend had come over to hang out but when we went in my basement every couch was moved three feet from the wall. I thought, Why are all the couches so out of place...? and it stopped abruptly. Last night I was dreaming that I was in my grandmother's house, with the last person you'd ever expect to sell weed, and he whips out a pound bagged out into eighths.

If I realized, "This is my grandmother's house" or, "he would never have the capacity to sell weed, let alone purchase weight" the dream would have stopped. I felt myself squelching these thoughts and needless to say, the dream continued.

Is this something I can fix through meditation? The key to lucid dreaming is to realize you're dreaming and then you can begin to control things. But when I realize I'm dreaming, I just stop. On the rare occasion I can pull it off but I'd *much* rather get over this barrier.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebumski
cattle russler

Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: ]
    #2169317 - 12/08/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ditto

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: bumski]
    #2169337 - 12/08/03 06:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I dunno, I don't have to realise I'm dreaming to be able to change events. I can just make choices like I do in real life, with a thinking process in real-dream-time...
When I DO realise I'm dreaming, I can alter the components of the dream, though.

I've never meditated much, perhaps 50 times in my entire life. It could work, I just haven't tried.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: ]
    #2169368 - 12/08/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

In your waking life, notice everything that seems unusual, if you can. Apon this, ask yourself if you're dreaming. Then visualize whatever it is you would like to do in your lucid dream. Imagine your feet floating off of the ground.

Keeping the lucid state for a prolonged period of time is something you have to work on. I have found through personal experience that once you realize you are dreaming, you should move your eyes around rapidly or wiggle them. Also, do this when you feel your lucidity slipping. This always helps me stay in the lucid state. I guess it keeps you in REM sleep. You just have to stick with it. You've gotten to an important point that really does test your will. But if you don't give up, it gets easier and easier to keep the lucid state for longer. Then you can work on willing things in your dream. This follows the same priniciple: stick with it, it gets easier every time.

To induce LD's, be aware in your waking life. Once you are aware fully, you realize how often you've been unaware in your life.

--------------------

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2169375 - 12/08/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

What do you mean by being aware in waking life?

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: LaCasta]
    #2169423 - 12/08/03 07:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It's hard to explain. I kind of mean like sensing everything that is around you.

This link may explain it better. lucidity
Scroll down to step 5

Have you ever heard a song too many times to the point where you don't realize it is playing until it is almost over? That is being unaware. Do the opposite for as long as you can to induce lucid dreams.

--------------------

OfflineEntelle
wanderer

Loc: Canada
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2170042 - 12/08/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

or when you get in your car and leave work, and suddenly find yourself at home, with no recollection of the journey. did you stop for all the red lites? did you stop at the stop sign on the corner? who is to say?

--------------------
"Not all those who wander are lost."

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: Entelle]
    #2180380 - 12/15/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Something that helped me out alot starting off (now I'm dream lucidly easily) was dream herb. I used to do the samething you do, well not as strong. Instead of my dream stopping I would become more aware that I was asleep, so I became more noticable of the otherside world which greatly weakened and sometimes killed the dream...

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Problems with lucid dreaming [Re: DailyPot]
    #2181045 - 12/15/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I had my first lucid experience last wednesday.

I work nights and called in due to bad weather. I slept all day wednesday and was napping in my room all night. I was waking up every few hours and then dozing back off. In one of my dreams, I realized I was dreaming and that I had become lucid. I panicked, and tried to start controlling the dream, but I started spinning around and levitated off the ground. I just floated off.

After that, I woke up with what I believe was sleep paralysis. I couldn't move and it felt like I couldn't breathe. It was a very bad feeling.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Calea Zacatechichi

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology