Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
. [Re: shortpork]
    #20785485 -

.

Edited by spore baby (12/20/14 01:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shortpork]
    #20786045 -

he's right, you want to plant in situ, wait for them to sprout and then thin them, transplanting has never worked well for me.


--------------------
My Adventures Cultivating Mescaline Bearing Cacti

“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shroom_sensai]
    #20786077 -

It's actually quite easy to do.Use a toothpick to gently lift the seedlings out of the soil,and put them in little individual containers of your choice.I always have great success transplanting poppies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20806425 -

Dam well I have a mess then mine just sprouted persians If i remember properly whites and reds
  should I transplant now or later when they get big ?


--------------------
"Who says upright Ape's should know the secrets of the Universe"--Terrance McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: fatal222316]
    #20806651 -

fatal222316 said:
Dam well I have a mess then mine just sprouted persians If i remember properly whites and reds
  should I transplant now or later when they get big ?




looking real good!


--------------------
My Adventures Cultivating Mescaline Bearing Cacti

“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: fatal222316]
    #20808062 -

fatal222316 said:
Dam well I have a mess then mine just sprouted persians If i remember properly whites and reds
  should I transplant now or later when they get big ?




Yeah,man,nice work:thumbup: You know,when I used to grow poppies,I would always save my little plastic multi containers that I would buy my flowers in.



You can fill em with soil,and put individual poppies in each
chamber.Yours are the perfect size to transplant,and when I always did mine.Use a toothpick,and gently lift the soil around the seedling,making sure not to damage the fragile taproot.Also,Make sure your chambers are well watered first,then just gently put them in each chamber.Make sure you keep them moist,and out of direct sunlight.Fluorescent's will work until they are ready to go back outdoors.Or just keep em in dappled light for a while.You Also don't have to do them all,just do some of the best ones.You'll find that Individual Poppies grow lots bigger,and healthier buy themselves than all grouped together:wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #20809076 -

Sounds good I will have to do this thanks for the advice I have so many I guess I have my work cut out for me, but its fun thanks again :cool:


--------------------
"Who says upright Ape's should know the secrets of the Universe"--Terrance McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: spore baby]
    #20948010 -

*** UPDATE 12/8/14 ***

I now have two separate big pots I have with sprouts popping up, all at different stages, so when you see my pictures of a bunch of different staged plants, it's because I sow new seeds almost every day.
Here you go guys and gals!
And since it's been a while since I updated, I figured I'd load you guys/gals up with quite a few pics to look at, all high quality. Please, enjoy :smile:





































There you go! Enjoy!


--------------------
My CA Legend:
A plus sign (+) means I took it within 20 minutes of then.
A minus sign (-) means I took it more than 20 minutes ago, but it's still active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: elementblazin]
    #20949927 -

looking good! I want some :tee:


--------------------
It's all a lie. Everything's alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shortpork]
    #20951225 -

aZipoftheTRIP said:
looking good! I want some :tee:



Tell me about it right! I can't wait until these beauties are ready around this time next year!! I'll be sure to come back and post pics!

Thanks for the support!


--------------------
My CA Legend:
A plus sign (+) means I took it within 20 minutes of then.
A minus sign (-) means I took it more than 20 minutes ago, but it's still active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: elementblazin]
    #20953468 -

Totally worth the wait. Good luck brother


--------------------
It's all a lie. Everything's alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shortpork]
    #20953871 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: kactus.brand.g]
    #21016594 -

Could you happen to point out two pictures comparing where one seedling was at the time of your original post compared to the update?

Also what part of SoCal are you located? I'm in Ventura county, just went around a few areas sewing seeds and have started noticing seedlings finally. Just wondering what to expect, this is the first time I'm growing more than a few poppies.

Due to the soil quality being so low in the areas I've planted, I intend to wait until they get closer to the cabbage phase before doing a foliar spray of growth hormones. Might go out and use some diluted organic fertilizer but I'm going to wait and see the growth.

My sprouts don't look nearly as healthy as yours but again, I feel the soil quality is affecting their growth.

Growth hormones are amazing, according to a few studies I've read you can boost the opium output substantially. The hormones are relatively inexpensive as well, considering a little goes a long way!

http://scholar.qsensei.com/content/9p9dp

Quote:
A pot experiment was conducted during 2004-2005 on opium poppy (Papaver somniferum L.) and the influence of 10-6 M gibberellic acid (GA3) and 10-6 M triacontanol (TRIA) either alone or together, on the growth, yield, quality and morphine content. Among the treatments, foliar spray of GA3+TRIA significantly promoted the values of most of the physiological and biochemical parameters including the opium yield. The morphine content was also enhanced. The effects of GA3 and TRIA were similar when given individually, in general, while only TRIA induced branching in the plants. Another important finding of this experiment was that GA3+TRIA favoured the branching as well as the development of capsules at the same levels of height in all the branches. This influence will bring about a practical benefit by facilitating easier manual or mechanical lancing of the capsules, the collection of the latex and the harvesting of the opium poppies. Thus, we conclude that 10-6 M each of GA3 and TRIA given together may be used for maximizing the yield of opium and morphine.



There's also another study where the amount of pods per plant was increased from 4 to 10 using GA3. For some strains the quantity of opium latex was doubled, but for others it was decreased but for all strains the alkaloid content was boosted significantly.


--------------------
My Public Key

Edited by QT3BFLEE (12/23/14 11:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: QT3BFLEE]
    #21018669 -

poppies most effectively produce "alkal"oids in "alaki" soil. If you were to add Sodium Carbonate to soil, this would alkalize your soil.
Pap.somn. also DOUBLES in M content in the second generation of seeds that have acclimated to the given environment. Meaning, if you use seeds from last years harvest for this years crop they will be double in alkaloids.
There are certain chems that can crank up the production as well, however these are better suited for lab experiments, not food.


--------------------
:jah: everything i say is only a satirical joke, nothing serious man!:jah:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: AcidBath]
    #21020420 -

Awesome guys! I'll be sure to answer questions soon and thanks for the info!

I also have new pictures I need to upload just haven't found time. They've made some great improvements.

I'm located near a city called Carlsbad, CA


--------------------
My CA Legend:
A plus sign (+) means I took it within 20 minutes of then.
A minus sign (-) means I took it more than 20 minutes ago, but it's still active.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: elementblazin]
    #21021925 -

elementnature said:
Awesome guys! I'll be sure to answer questions soon and thanks for the info!

I also have new pictures I need to upload just haven't found time. They've made some great improvements.

I'm located near a city called Carlsbad, CA



tell tony hawk i said what's up


--------------------
My Adventures Cultivating Mescaline Bearing Cacti

“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shroom_sensai]
    #21022047 -

Acid or alkaline soil: Modifying pH. The pH scale indicates acidity or alkalinity. A soil with a pH number below 7 is acid, while one with a pH above 7 is alkaline. Garden plants typically grow best in neutral or slightly acid soil (pH 7 or slightly below; see illustration at left).
Acid or alkaline soil: Modifying pH - Sunset
www.sunset.com/garden/garden-basics/acid-alkaline-soil-modifying-ph

So just raising the ph of the soil would increase potency? How do you come up with adding Sodium Carbonate? Just curious because I know nothing about this.


--------------------
It's all a lie. Everything's alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: shortpork]
    #21022379 -

yes p somniferum is native to arid environments and its biochemistry has adapted to their environment, morphines ph is 7-8. Sodium carbonate is a cheap alternative to limestone which raises ph in soil. It has been used in the rice industry i believe.


--------------------
:jah: everything i say is only a satirical joke, nothing serious man!:jah:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: AcidBath]
    #21022474 -

I'm excited for my plant's potential. I live in one of the few counties in California with proper climate conditions for naturalized growing of papaver sp. (Butte, San Mateo, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Ventura only 5 out of 58!)

http://www.plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=PASO2

USDA has a nice map system for this type of stuff, for growing anything in general. Helps to identify what will probably adapt to your environment regardless of your added efforts.


--------------------
My Public Key

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My first time Poppies!!! ( Step by step from seedling growlog ) *UPDATE 10/31* [Re: QT3BFLEE]
    #21027388 -

Good job, keep researching this is a very well documented plant. You can find more on this than cannabis since it has oalways been legal to an extent.


--------------------
:jah: everything i say is only a satirical joke, nothing serious man!:jah:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* poppie yeild boomer420 3,240 9 12/01/17 11:24 AM
by P.Zappatecorum
* My Seedlings (upd 10sep) new: dream herb
( 1 2 3 all )
Mystiq_Shaman 12,224 56 09/20/04 07:44 PM
by Mystiq_Shaman
* Poppie Grow Log!(56k Death) liveby 1,031 4 09/08/04 11:02 PM
by liveby
* Opium Poppy (dial ups warned).
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Starter 91,463 78 08/20/18 02:54 PM
by BattyKoda
* Mexicana Poppy Seedlings: Eaten By A Purpertrator. GGreatOne234 1,930 7 10/27/02 08:39 PM
by StInvetroThomas
* The Great Poppy Plant 2Experimental 1,460 4 02/14/04 06:49 PM
by KentuckyPWRLFTR
* Indoor cultivation of poppies? socratesmind 1,222 6 10/10/02 11:52 AM
by StInvetroThomas
* Poppies
( 1 2 all )
recalcitrant 5,128 30 12/09/04 10:51 PM
by kadakuda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
4,080 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.