Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant)
    #20857937 -

So I was talking to my Dad earlier, and he said the weirdest thing was reported about on "Morning Joe" at seven A.M. today.  Apparently Elon Musk released a ten-page memo in which he states unequivocally his belief that within five years' time, AI will have advanced to the point of superintelligence and initiate thermonuclear armaggeddon.  For some reason.

He really said this.

Subsequent to all of the controversy on the morning talk shows, the memo was taken down an hour later, and no google search brings anything up at all.  Musk declined to make himself available.

Like I said, this is pure hearsay, but it seems as if this really happened.

Weird!  And scary!

What does Musk know that we don't?  He certainly is about as well-connected as it gets.  What the hell?


--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20858025 -

Maybe he's a little bit full of himself?

Maybe it's just good PR. Hawkins is now known partly for being the guy warning about aliens, and he's more popular because of it. It doesn't have to be true.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20858095 -


Edited by cez (11/18/14 09:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: cez]
    #20858140 -

Thank you cez.


--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #20858217 -

I drift into the AI currents from time to time and I'm scared shitless of it. Not necessarily in the direction that Musk is. I'm more worried about their abilities putting to serious shame our human ones. And in that vein, what's the use in all these sub-par humans with regards to labor and thought? He's worried we won't be able to tame them. I'm worried that even if we do tame them we'll still be screwed :lol:


--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: Kickle]
    #20858220 -

Extremely valid point, Kickle.  I'm right with you.


--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: Kickle]
    #20858614 -

Kickle said:
I drift into the AI currents from time to time and I'm scared shitless of it. Not necessarily in the direction that Musk is. I'm more worried about their abilities putting to serious shame our human ones. And in that vein, what's the use in all these sub-par humans with regards to labor and thought? He's worried we won't be able to tame them. I'm worried that even if we do tame them we'll still be screwed :lol:



We're already screwed.  AI will save us from ourselves.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: Icelander]
    #20859032 -

I can't wait for my surrogate.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rather deep hearsay regarding Elon Musk (unpleasant) [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #20860123 -



--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spoiled Shitless and Dumb All Over.
( 1 2 all )
Icelander 1,077 21 01/20/10 07:56 PM
by Icelander
* DEEP LOVE BLOOD FLOWS HOT RED AND DEEP oneoverzero 3,412 17 05/30/01 02:39 PM
by oneoverzero
* Attachment & fear run deep
( 1 2 all )
Chronic7 2,557 23 09/18/08 05:05 PM
by redgreenvines
* The Deep. thoughts 477 6 12/05/07 09:17 AM
by Icelander
* Best thinking drugs?
( 1 2 3 all )
Jon 2,557 44 02/03/05 08:46 PM
by browndustin
* Deep Entheogenic Adventurer Discovers...
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 5,669 46 08/23/03 09:10 PM
by MindTrap
* deep impact
( 1 2 all )
OldWoodSpecter 1,402 20 07/04/05 09:12 PM
by Diploid
* deep mystery gnrm23 1,414 5 08/22/01 10:10 AM
by gnrm23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
606 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.