Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

friend's away message...
    #2070641 - 11/04/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Studyin so I can get real smart and make lots of money so I can buy lots of cars, beautiful women, and DRUMS, LOTS OF DRUMS.  I figure, cause I'm being responsible right now (ie. Me studying) I should be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor irresponsibly, thus my actions cancelling themselves out and I'm left with lots of cool toys, lots of money and a lot of cool fuckin memories.  I've got it all figured out."

:shake:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: friend's away message... [Re: ]
    #2070973 - 11/04/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like he's busy

--------------------

Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
Re: friend's away message... [Re: Zahid]
    #2071112 - 11/04/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I go to college
That makes me so cool
I live in a dorm
And show off by the pool

I join the right clubs
Just to build an impression
I block out thinking
It won't get me ahead

My ambition in life
Is to look good on paper
All I want is a slot
In some big corporation

John Belushi's my hero
I lampoon and I ape him
My news of the world
Comes from Sports Illustrated

I'm proud of my trophies
Like my empty beer cans
Stacked in rows up the wall
To impress all my friends

No, I'm not here to learn
I just want to get drunk
And major in business
And be taught how to fuck

Win! Win!
I always play to win
Wanna fit in like a cog
In the faceless machine

I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal preppie
terminal terminal terminal terminal
terminal terminal terminal terminal

I want a wife with tits
Who just smiles all the time
In my centerfold world
Filled with Springsteen and wine

Some day I'll have power
Some day I'll have boats
A tract in some suburb
With Thanksgivings to host

I'm a terminal terminal terminal preppie

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: friend's away message... [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2071254 - 11/04/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm in college, at a VERY superficial college, maybe THE definitive archetype of what this thread is mocking.  Anyway, needless to say I'm not too happy with that aspect of my environment, but I'm using that conflict to write a book.  Here's some stuff from it...

"It?s been a few days since I?ve updated this jumble of useless information, but it wasn?t entirely due to laziness.  Midterms have descended on me like a load of bricks, and somehow I?ve found myself 400 pages in debt.  But I know when to take responsibility when I should.  My procrastination is of no one?s fault but my own?and the screaming sorority girls outside my door every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from twelve to three in the morning.  Shut the fuck up and let me sleep, I?m going to surf in the morning while you wallow in your hangover while trying to focus your eyes long enough to put makeup on for your one Friday class in which everyone else can?t see either, and therefore does not care how much paint you put on your face.  Does anyone else see these girls?  Friday morning, walking around campus with the shortest black skirts ever, knee high boots, and enough makeup to make you second guess their intentions.  This has to be some sort of performance art.  She?s being ironic, right?  Please tell me that?s what?s going on, or I?m transferring right now.  You make me embarrassed to be a human being for fuck?s sake."

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: friend's away message... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2071264 - 11/04/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

more....

"I think I am starting to realize why I have such a strong resistance to this place, why it gets under my skin like dirt and makes me so angry and unhappy all the time.  How it invades my peace of mind, my good moods, sneaking up like a malevolent phantom stalking me with the sole intent of ruining my fleeting, flickering moments of joy.  How it allows the slightest annoyance to push me deeper, further, lowering me into the depths of a depressed, pissed off, negative funk that I can?t shake off without a surf or a trip to a better place.  It wasn?t always like this.  I used to be different.  I would have fit in here.  But thank god I?ve matured enough to despise this goddamned *frat deleted* vibe.
Sometime over the last year, my mind was opened to a whole new way of seeing the world.  Miss Wanland, the best teacher I've ever had, laid the seeds of it in me sometime during my freshman year of high school, but I wasn?t mature enough to understand its true ramifications in terms of my own life style until last year.  It must have been a combination of my transitionitory period in life, my increasing maturity, and three mind-bending, life changing psychedelic experiences I had over that period of time.  What I learned from the culmination of these experiences and sources was that we as humans have a choice in terms of expressing our ego.  Growing up in a market society such as this, it?s hard to even come to the realization that there is a lifestyle besides the get all you can consumerism one we?re taught all throughout our lives.  But there is.  I?m struggling to understand who I am, but in the face of this knowledge, I know at least who I want to be.  And I have made great strides towards that position.  I know my karma is better, and I want to be motivated to improve myself for the sake of those around me.  To a certain extent, I am.  But here?s my problem.
*College Name Deleted* is not a place to learn how to reduce one?s ego.  Neither is the fraternity row, nor the specific place I am in right now.  I?m in the halls of a factory, churning out the womanizing, money making wheelers and dealers of the future.  I fucking hate these people and what they stand for.  I hate their stupidity, their ignorance of the bigger picture.  I wish I could make them see, but it?s difficult for one human being to give enlightenment to another.  Maybe impossible.  If we?re all just cells of one greater creature, God or the transcendental object, then the people at places like *frat*, frat row, *college*, are like a cancer.  Egoism is a cancer on our organism, our greater, superior organization.  And I am stuck, like a sore thumb, here amidst that sentiment."

I'm really not that pissed off in real life, which is why my book is going so slowly.  I can only write when I'm really pissed  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: friend's away message... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2072400 - 11/05/03 05:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like he got life figured out. It seems to me that people that grow up previladged are always the ones that judge those who enjoy material possesions.. :nonono:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck