Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Terminal Illness
    #2311128 - 02/07/04 09:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Terminal Illness [Re: ]
    #2311179 - 02/07/04 10:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It's difficult to imagine. I have a mitochondrial disease that will eventually lead to my death, but its progression is slow and frustrating...I have at least 20 years left. The health issues definitely give me a different perspective. It ranges from genuine appreciation of the things I take for granted to some inevitable depression (which in itself is its own perspective). The most prominent thing I have on my to-do list is to travel the planet. I'll have a video camera and a fixed income. But none of this happens until I file for LTD (which should occur around June). Hmm...I don't know if I answered your question.

"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2311297 - 02/07/04 12:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i would definetly accept that i was going to die soon...acceptance leads to peace.  i would appreciate life more, all of it, the good and bad.  i would prolly be sad for my family, who might not want to accept that im dying and i would try to express that i am at peace with it, and that they sould be too, i would want them to be at peace with it...
Then, i would travel the world (if health permits) and just be fully absorbed in my experiences, i would like to talk to many people from all over the world about an array of subjects and understand their points of view.  i would listen much more than talk.  i would not do any drugs, except maybe a joint or two :wink:.  I would trust the universal process of life and death, whether theres a god or not wouldnt matter, all is as it should be...

if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2311695 - 02/07/04 03:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think there is a whole lot I would do differently. I am already working on being a better person. I don't treasure worldly possessions. I believe in God and believe in reincarnation and after-life.

I think I would just keep doing what I'm doing...obeying God, working, loving my family, doing the right things, and learning.

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAlan Stone

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Terminal Illness [Re: Frog]
    #2311766 - 02/07/04 03:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think I might take some (health) risks that I wouldn't take otherwise. For instance, I don't want to do any synthetic drugs other than acid, but if I found out I was going to die next year I wouldn't fight the urge if the situation came up. On the whole, I wouldn't change too much though. I'm not afraid of death now, and I don't suppose I will be when I find out my exact expiration date.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2313019 - 02/07/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would make sure my family and all my friends knew that i cared about them, and not to worry, but tell them something that my push their lives off in a good direction. But most of all, make peace between one another, and let my passing be an ease.

For me, after that, i might leave, and walk with the earth one last time, under the sky. Die underneath the sky, and let my body return back to the source. Try to give away everything i had, to the right people, give my money to those who needed it in the family. Beyond that, i dont know.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology