Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
My Friend Practices Shamanism
    #945547 - 10/09/02 11:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My friend recently told me about several strange occurrences relating to his shamanaic practices. I recently learned that he has been studying shamanism for several years on and off. But ever since our AMT experience at the Grateful Dead reunion this summer, more and more strange things have been happening to him, causing his beleif in shamanism to really develop. Here are just a few of the many occurrences that he has experienced just in the last month. I know many of you will think these experinces are mere coincidences but I think it might go deeper than that.

One day he was walking past a house he was not familiar with. But something drew him to this house. It was night time and something in him told him to hold his hand toward the house and then to close and open his hand. When he did this, the light in the house went on and off. He closed and opened his hand twice in succession and the light turned off and on twice. He did it again doing it three times and the light went off and on three times. At this point he got freaked out and fled. But the next day he found himself back in that same neighborhood and he decided to go to the door. He knocked on the door and some old hippy dude opened it and said "You're here." My friend had never seen this guy before and vice versa. It turns out that this guy was adopted by a shaman family and is a shaman himself. They talked for several hours.

In another instance my friend was out shopping at a grocery store. He came across these candles for sale and he suddenly had the urge to buy a whole bunch of them. He did not know why but he just gave in to the feeling that he should buy about ten of these candles. He returned home to find that he had lost power in his apartment.

This is a weird one. Another time he was riding his bike around town at like 5:00 in the morning just for the hell of it. He was really hungry and wanted to buy breakfast but he didn't have any cash on him and he was far from home. He suddenly got the urge to tear the front of his teeshirt (like what's him name does before turning into the Incredible Hulk). He then saw a door and he just knew he was supposed to go through it. He entered the door, went down some stairs and realized he was in a place where they feed homeless people. My friend, who looked homeless from the torn shirt, waited in line for breakfast.

These are just a few of the situation my friend has found himslef in as a result of studying shamanism. My friend just has this philosophy that eveything will fall into place if you are just patient and listen to your inner self. He told me he used to get really depressed but now he never gets down. He believes that even when things seem to be going bad, there is always a beneficial outcome. Even the night we did AMT, he KNEW he was going to see this girl that he has known for a while. He was very relaxed about it and never tried looking for her. It's pretty hard to find anybody at Alpine Valley anyways. At the end of the night after we got into the car he saw her and went to talk to her. He knows that this is the girl he will marry and have children with. Yet, he is not in a hurry to start things up with her. He just knows it will happen some day.

In the words of Robert Hunter, "The wheel is turning and you can't slow down." Neither can you speed up. My friend has taught me that you have to surrender to the flow of life's situations and everything will fall into place sooner or later.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #945910 - 10/09/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

When I moved into my last apartment I needed a couch and a bed.

Two days later my neighbour runs in excited, saying someone left a new combination futon and bed outside the apartment block with a note: "Free bunkbed!"

I got a free couch and bed!  :grin:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: pattern]
    #946079 - 10/09/02 03:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You're a true shaman, pattern. :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #946470 - 10/09/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

So the power of shamanism leads your friend to deceive people at the homeless shelter or gives him the strength to rip a tee-shirt? Where do I sign up for classes?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (10/09/02 05:24 PM)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#946478 - 10/09/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I am really getting interested in shamanism lately, although I'm just learning. You're friends story sounds interesting, I don't know about the lights part, but the knocking on the door thing is quite interesting.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: Swami]
    #946535 - 10/09/02 05:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I realize that it sounds crazy. And it was dishonest of him to bum a free meal from the homeless shelter. My girlfriend thinks he is just manic depressive. I don't know what to think.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #946547 - 10/09/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I like your avatar.

Tell your friend to meet me in the Fourth World sometime... I'll be wearing a leaf.  :blush: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #946575 - 10/09/02 05:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"manic depressive"
heh..that's a good one.  :smirk:
does your girlfriend take mushrooms? or acid? has she ever tripped?  It saddens me to think someone who has experienced a psychedelic drug would chalk that up to manic depression. 

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #946610 - 10/09/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My girlfriend is 27 and I'm 21. She has done acid more than 100 times. She hasn't had it for years and is scared shitless of it now. She did take some AMT at the concert I mentioned above and completely freaked out. She spent much of the show in the bathroom staring at "holocaust bodies" on the bathroom tiles.

Anyways, she's obviously been to the other side. Yet, she thinks my friend's mystical experiences are a result of his being manic. I have to be honest; I haven't told her very many details of what he experienced just because they are personal and I know he wouldn't want me telling people. But at the very mention of shamanism, she assumed he was crazy.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #946630 - 10/09/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe because all of her drug experiences have been "maniacal"...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: Adamist]
    #946706 - 10/09/02 06:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You're probably right. She's had several abusive boyfriends in the past that she has tripped with. One made her watch "Faces of Death" while on acid. He loved taking everything to the extreme on acid trips. No wonder she's so scared of the drug. During their trips he told her what to think, how to think and when to shut up. I never met the guy but he sounds like a sick fuck. Thankfully he lives far, far away.

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
    #946860 - 10/09/02 06:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

CRAZY!!!  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

He isn't a Shaman...  He is just another Jedi Knight who can feel the force.

Offlinedjamor
Stranger

Loc: rocky mountains
    #947675 - 10/09/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

what's wrong with getting a meal at the homeless shelter? you're not bumming from them or deceiving them...if you're hungry, you are welcome. get over yourselves...then you might realize that we are all just human. :tongue: 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: djamor]
    #948079 - 10/10/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What am I supposed to get over? It doesn't take a shaman to be a mooch.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: djamor]
    #948085 - 10/10/02 01:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He's going to say that it's dishonest to pretend to be homeless, and take food intended for needy people. He's going to say that a true shaman would never stoop so low, blah blah blah.

I agree with Swami on this one, but I do think these stories that you told were very interesting! The porchlight hippie thing was crazy. As for the homeless shelter thing, I guess your friend is in the process of moving from a non-highly evolved person to a highly evolved person. I'm sure he'll move away from doing things like that as he progresses.

I have a very interesting story that is along the same lines as yours. I was at a big rave once in an arena. I had planned on "candy flipping" that night. I got my E pill, and concentrated on the signals my vibrations sent out. Everything was loud and dark. I was concentrating on my vibrations saying "I'M LOOKING FOR ACID". I went to the basement where they played jungle. I walked around and around trying to pick up the vibrations of an acid dealer. My brain told me to look for some hippie looking guy, of course. I continued walking around putting out vibes, and trying to pick up other people's vibes. Eventually, I stopped in my tracks after I passed this black guy. I took a look at him. He was just a regular black guy. I didn't know why, but I had to ask him. I went over to him, and said "UMM.......I'M LOOKING FOR ACID!". He looked at me, and said something along the lines of "I DON'T HAVE ANY". I said "THANKS MAN", and kept walking. After a few seconds, he came up to me, and tapped me on the shoulder, and jestured me to come with him. In the time that it took me to walk away, he must have sized me up, and realized that I wasn't a narc, and then went and got his man. He took me over to his man(another regular looking black guy) who asked me how much, and I said "3!". He took out a dollar bill, and tore me off three tabs, I gave him $15, said "THANKS" and gave them both "dap".

There was absolutely NO way I could have conciously known that that guy was selling acid. That was just one of the crazy moments at that rave. The others weren't as remarkable, but delt with me making VERY casual eye contact with people, and sending messages back and forth. That was a good one.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: Learyfan]
    #948087 - 10/10/02 01:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Swami beat me to it.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#948185 - 10/10/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

LOTS of people have connections at a rave. Now if it was in a supermarket...

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#948218 - 10/10/02 03:00 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Did you understand what I said? I didn't know that guy from Adam. He's the last guy my sober brain would have chosen to ask for acid. My E pill helped me find him. He didn't look like he had anything to sell. I didn't see him sell anything. He looked like a regular black guy, and I don't associate black people with acid. There is no reason why out of EVERYONE there, I chose to ask him. I actually stopped in my tracks after I passed him because I felt some kind of "acid dealer vibe" in that direction.

I know, I know.....chance.

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (10/10/02 03:01 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#948223 - 10/10/02 03:02 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

No, I have no reading comprehension skills.

I scored some herb from a stranger at a Grateful Dead concert - how weird is that?

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#948264 - 10/10/02 03:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

This was the first person I asked for acid.

Why would I feel compelled to ask a person who isn't a typical acid dealer for acid out of nowhere? Out of everyone there?

I guess you can believe what you want. By the way, the man who actually sold me the acid looked EXACTLY like Funkmaster Flex, if you know who he is.

--------------------

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
    #948317 - 10/10/02 04:13 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Why are you defending your stance so much?

Face it, you were at a rave.

People have hookups at raves.

I can approach anybody that I want at any given jamband show that I attend and ask for drug X or Y and I am sure they can point me in the right direction...

...or maybe it's cause I put out a drug X or Y dealer vibe...

Try putting out your vibe at FAO Schwartz toystore and see if you're lucky.

... guess not.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#948322 - 10/10/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If he had no acid, would you then have publicly declared here that there is no such thing as synchonicity? Of course not. But like all people trying so hard to find a mystery where there is none, you point out this anecdote as having some meaning. This is known as selective memory. You choose events that seem to back up your view of a magical world and conveniently dismiss those events that do not support it.

Before you reply, please consider what I say with the much-touted open mind.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: Phoshaman]
    #948326 - 10/10/02 04:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I appologize to everyone who was offended by my post.

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

#948485 - 10/10/02 05:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Man... Leary you don't have to say sorry for nothing. 

Closed-Minds kill the world...  :frown:

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#948718 - 10/10/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I hear you Learyfan...
that's one of the things I loved about E, your intuition is full on and you just "know" things.  :cool:

the only time i have ever gotten any drugs that easily at a rave is when someone approaches me, it's not always so easy when you are the one looking for it.

oh yeah, and to whoever started this thread... great post! i read it last night, i love stories like these.  :smile: 

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: nezshoo]
    #948740 - 10/10/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Can't you feel the tone of those who replied to my post? I must have said something very wrong.

Can't you feel the bad vibes? heh  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #948745 - 10/10/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i moved to cali last onth from PA, my first objective was to find bud. now, i moved down here with no place to live or work and at the time i wasnt guarenteed a place in the university, and knew nobody. i went to the mall to pick up some things for the new apt, and i saw some guy in the parking lot and just had to ask him, turns out he just started growing and was going harvest that day.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#948806 - 10/10/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Learyfan. I'm glad you posted your story on this thread. I was hoping people would share similar experiences to those of my friend. I suspect that you, like was friend, listened to your inner self or higher consciousness or whatever you want to call it, in order to find that acid. Don't get so bothered by skeptics. there will always be people that will view these experiences as mere coincidence.

Smack, I'm glad you like the thrread.

Does anybody else have similar experiences to share? I'd love to read them.

--------------------

Anonymous

#949058 - 10/10/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You choose events that seem to back up your view of a magical world and conveniently dismiss those events that do not support it.

We all do this.  Finding a way around it is helpful for discerning truth.  Or so I'm told. :wink:

Cheers, 

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: My Friend Practices Shamanism [Re: ]
    #949599 - 10/10/02 12:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Clear-thinking is just another metaphor for b.s. skeptic attacks or so I'm told. I am just a mean person with an agenda. Not one "open-minded" believer (with the exception of Plato) has EVER said, "Hey, you just might be right. On the other hand I have taken many believer's claims at face value and tried, albeit unsuccessfully in every case, to validate them. Superstition and a magical outlook is more important to many than truth.

--------------------

Anonymous

#950190 - 10/10/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I understand completely.

You are misunderstood, perhaps even by people you care about.  Aren't you used to it by now?

What really gets me is when I send a pm to someone I care about and they don't answer it. :wink:

Cheers,

Anonymous

#951188 - 10/10/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry man, I am a "believer" in some weird shit, but don't act so surprised that we aren't falling over ourselves in amazement about this one. Like someone else said, you scored acid from a guy at a rave. First guy you ask. What were the odds, like 20 to 1? Good luck, but not amazing by any means. And for Christ sake if you are going to argue with Swami and that bunch at least come up with something more substantial than scoring 3 hits of acid at a rave.

Anonymous

#951195 - 10/10/02 08:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe your friend craves attention and makes things up.

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
    #951624 - 10/11/02 12:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Exactly what is the mind set of a Shaman?

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#951871 - 10/11/02 03:57 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've already appologized. I am deeply sorry for bringing this up.

What else can I do to make things right?

--------------------

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

#952264 - 10/11/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Have hardcore porno sex with me.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

#952461 - 10/11/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

He isn't making these stories up to get attention. He is afraid to tell most of his friends about these experiences. A couple people have laughed in his face after hearing these stories. He shared them with me because he knows I have an open mind and that I will listen without judging him. I am positive that he is not making these stories up.

--------------------

OfflineCalen
journeyman
    #953857 - 10/11/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Where was this rave? Who were the DJs?

As for the dealer, I didn't know narcs were after the acid suppliers. E would be the top of the list.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck