Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Basic Peyote questions
    #2072371 - 11/05/03 07:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hi all. I have been reading a lot of posts here at the shroomery about Peyote, in an attempt to see if it's possible to graft Peyote onto a fast-growing, non-mescaline producing cactus, to no avail. The more I read the more confused I get. Not only should the cactus not produce mescaline or other scheduled substance, but it also shouldn't contain any other restriced chemicals that could fall into the analogues of a controlled substance. Ideally, it would be a cactus that I can purchase at a garden store.

The reason I want to graft it onto a non-mescaline cactus is that I live in Canada and mescaline is illegal except for Peyote. Therefore, if I were to graft Peyote on a fast-growing, non-mescaline cactus, then it would be completely legit and I wouldn't have to worry. Many of the grafting examples on the shroomery and elsewhere seem to use mescaline-producing cactii as rootstocks. Is there a legal cactus that grows fast and that could be used as a good rootstock for Peyote?

My second question is whether it's feasible to have a decent crop of Peyote if I start with a single young one. A local headshop sells baby Peyote, but they tend to be expensive, so if it's possible then I would prefer to start with a single one. Would it take way too long to get a good amount if I were to start with a single baby that is about 1/2 to 1 cm in diameter?

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: megaman3]
    #2072403 - 11/05/03 07:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

San Pedros are legal, contain decent amounts of mescaline and can be bought at garden stores.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: zeta]
    #2072753 - 11/05/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Zeta said it all and also many ethnobotanical sites on the internet sell it for various amounts of human money.

mj some cheap and some rather too expensive. In Amsterdam a quarter ounce of bu dried buttons sell for 100.00 U.S. dollars, a total rip-off. Luckily when i was there I was able to trade my mushroom books for a dose.

Their San Pedro is also foour times what they cost in America.

anyway check the internet for sites. You can also attached peyotl to san pedro or any cactus which will not survive outside of its natural habitat can be grafted onto a san pedro.

mj

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2073768 - 11/05/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The problem with that is that in Canada San Pedros are illegal because they contain mescaline and only peyote is legal. Is there a non-mescaline cactus that grows fast and can be used as a rootstock to graft peyote?

Offlinedastats
Efrum theretarded rabbit
Loc: B.C.
    #2073779 - 11/05/03 05:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just grow san pedro, yer not growing 50 cacti are you? They sell san pedro all over Canada. People have even bought it at home depot.

--------------------
Peace all.

Jater

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: dastats]
    #2073856 - 11/05/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

San pedro has a different latin name than peyote and is not illegal in Canada. I have seen it for sale in plant shops in Montreal before

mj

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #2074250 - 11/05/03 07:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well I didn't know that. I thought that since all mescaline bearing cactii were illegal except for Peyote, then San Pedro wouldn't be available in Canada. Do they usually label them as San Pedro, or are there other common names for it, other than the latin name? Admittedly all columnar cactii basically look the same to me, so unless one is clearly labelled as a San Pedro, then I wouldn't know that that is what it is.

In the case that I can't find any in my city, are there non-mescaline cactii that could be use as fast-growing rootstocks? I would prefer to avoid San Pedro because it contains mescaline, and it would look obviously like an attempt to grow it and the grafted Peyote for the mescaline. It would be pretty hard to explain in court. So again: are there any NON-MESCALINE cactii that can be used as fast-growing rootstocks for Peyote?

I'm very surprised that San Pedro is sold so widely, since mescaline is a classified substance that equates to felony charges, and San Pedro has mescaline in pretty nice quantities (not minute). I'm surprised that large chains like Home Depot sell them, and that the law enforcement hasn't stepped in, especially in the States. Even though many people use it as a decorative plant, I'm surprised the law enforcement hasn't decided that only non-mescaline columnar cactii can be sold. From their standpoint it would make sense.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2074562 - 11/05/03 09:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quit giving them ideas...

Just let it go and lets not speak of it anymore

Anonymous

Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: Legoulash]
    #2075730 - 11/06/03 02:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magic_rah said:
Quit giving them ideas...

Just let it go and lets not speak of it anymore

I was thinking the same.

OfflineAgarico
arrrf 3 8 7
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #2075835 - 11/06/03 02:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
In Amsterdam a quarter ounce of bu  dried buttons sell for 100.00 U.S. dollars, a total rip-off. 
Their San Pedro is also foour times what they cost in America.

Haha,  A'Dam has special tourist prices, I saw a lophophora for 65 euro, next day in another place, the same cacti was sold for 9 euro :lol: I hope you didn't pay that :tongue: 

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: ]
    #2076204 - 11/06/03 07:53 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Zerohero and Magic_Rah, if you think that the authorities aren't aware of the whole San Pedro situation, then you're fooling yourselves. They're not dumb. You think it's a big underground secret? They know about that and morning glory seeds and the fact that spores aren't illegal yet, don't worry. It's become so commercial that soon it will end, so stock up. I just don't think that it's one of their major drugs of concern right now, which is why they haven't done much.

Anyway after thinking about it, I decided not to grow either Peyote or San Pedro, just because it seems like a huge hassle just to get a high, and they both taste like complete crap and often make people vomit. I don't need to get high that badly, thank you.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: Agarico]
    #2076594 - 11/06/03 11:40 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

AS I noted it takes a quarter ounce of dried buttons for a 200-500 milligram dose. That could be anywhere from 6 large dried buttons to 15 small dried buttons weighing 1/4 dried ounce.

Casically they are l only allowed to sell the fresh cactus. the nine urodollars is equal to about 12 to 15 us dollars s and it would take four to six x large buttons to equal the quarter ounce weight.

So it still adds up to quite a biut of money for the dose.

Pharmaceutical mescline is now about $$70 TO $80 DOLLARS A GRAM AND CONTAINS 2 TO 5 200 MILLIGRAM DOSES, ALTHOUGH A HALF GRAM IS THE PHARMACEUTICAL HIGH DOSE. tHE iNDIANS EAT MORE THAN 12 TO 14 BUTTOINS DURING A THREE DAY C EREMONY SO MOST WESTERNERS NEVER REACH TAT HIGH DOSE OF BEING.

MJ

Sorry about the capital key.

Anonymous

#2081221 - 11/07/03 04:03 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

megaman3 said:

I don't need to get high that badly, thank you. 

GREAT!! I don't want people who just use it to get high.  I don't grow san pedro to eat it. I grow it for pleasure.

peace :smile:

zerohero 

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
    #2081368 - 11/07/03 04:52 PM (13 years, 29 days ago)

LOL! Yeah, sure you do zerohero... again, stock up while you still can.

Anonymous

#2082545 - 11/08/03 12:12 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

I plan on stocking up!!! :smile:

noo I really don't grow to eat them though... I can buy them for cheap if I want to eat it.  I grow to enrich my life with life. :smirk:

if that makes sense then good. heh

peace

zerohero

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2082920 - 11/08/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

megaman3 said:
The problem with that is that in Canada San Pedros are illegal because they contain mescaline and only peyote is legal.

Hold up!! am I missing something here?!?! you want to grow peyote which containes the highest amount of mescaline than any other cacti and are afraid to grow san pedro?? Can somebody please fill me in on what im missing? Also what is grafting? I know nothing of taking care or growing cacti.

Anonymous

Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: Osker246]
    #2083126 - 11/08/03 05:51 AM (13 years, 28 days ago)

all cati is legal in canada.

read about graphing.
graphing

BTW I truly believe mescaline content varies to much in cati.  each plant varies. one san pedro to the next. :smile: 

Offlinemegaman3
Stranger
Re: Basic Peyote questions [Re: Osker246]
    #2083933 - 11/08/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Osker: While Peyote does have a higher mescaline content than San Pedro, the former is specifically exempt from Canada's controlled substances act, and it can be grown, sold, bought, and even consumed legally. Technically all other mescaline-bearing cactii are illegal in Canada, but apparently they are widely available due to the fact that they are often used simply as decorative plants.

I wanted to know if there are any non-mescaline cactii that can be used to graft Peyote, but people never did answer my question, instead telling to just grow San Pedro. My question still remains unanswered. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know, so that at least my curiosity can be cured.

Cheers!

Anonymous

#2083969 - 11/08/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Anonymous

#2084232 - 11/08/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

you can graphed Peyote to Pereskiopsis any day of the week. the question is whether there is a loss of potency if you graph it to a non-mescaline containing cati. that I don't know. my guess is no that there isn't a loss at all.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden