Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

I need to fix my sleep schedule.
    #2031566 - 10/22/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you've been following up and/or posting on my Goodnight Thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=
You'll see that I've been posting my sleeping times almost everyday.

That was just a fun thread to say goodnight to all the late-night forum goers, but I noticed that I never sleep before 2 AM, usually after 3 I hit the sack.

I really need to change my sleep schedule. Anyone have any advice? I want to go to bed before 1, but I can't do it.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: I need to fix my sleep schedule. [Re: daba]
    #2031601 - 10/22/03 04:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The only thing I've found useful is to get up early, at the same time, no matter how little sleep you've had. Say, get up at 10am, everyday for a month. After a while, you're going to not be able to even stay awake til 1am, and should be able to crash earlier. There are still times where I can't sleep, but that's due to restlessness, and general issues that are keeping me awake. Most of the time now, I can get to sleep quicker than normal, and I used to go to bed at 4am for a few months/nearly a whole year.
I tried the herbal sleeping pills, and they didn't do shit. Save your money and just work on programming your body to adjust to a new sleeping pattern.
It helps to be really active during the day too, as you'll burn out your energy, thus you'll be ready for bed come evening.
The only shit thing about this is that it ruins my weekend - it's a struggle to stay up past midnight. I guess it just takes time for that as well. (I really miss being able to stay up til 4am without even feeling tired)

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: I need to fix my sleep schedule. [Re: Sheepish]
    #2031674 - 10/22/03 06:36 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you might try one or two dramamines. like tylenol sleeping pills.
you can also get one of those sleeping machines that make different constant sounds like fans running.or music. One of my friends has one and you would have to pry it from his cold dead fingers to get it away from him. i used to have a hard time going to be bed but i have to get up at 6:30 in the morning. so now i go to bed around 11:00pm every night.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: I need to fix my sleep schedule. [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #2032125 - 10/22/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Melatonin might be worth trying, take it around the time you want to go to sleep.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2032239 - 10/22/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah melatonin is a good idea. It's what your body produces anyways, but once it's depleated, you have a hard time going to sleep. You could also try meditation. Or reading before bed. If you exercise, run, etc during the day, by the time the night time comes you wont have any pent up energy so sleeping should come easily. Just dont exercise BEFORE bed, it tends to keep you up.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Anonymous #1

Re: I need to fix my sleep schedule. [Re: sykobish]
    #2032594 - 10/22/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Definitely give the melatonin a shot. I had been having insomnia problems almost all summer until my mom gave me a few melatonin to try...now I just take one an hour before I want to go to bed and am nice and sleepy in time. You can get a bottle at GNC for like 8 dollars.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2032599 - 10/22/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yup I agree with Sheepish: Consistently getting up early works best while going to bed early for me leads to all sorts of interesting thoughts way past the time I otherwise would've slept.

No drugs! Dramamines, Nytol and other antihistamines rapidly lose their sedative effectiveness and exceeding the recommended dose can have the unexpected effect of shitting dimes by fear beside it being toxic. The drams are nice for a few days, but most hypnotic effect is lost in a week or so while the toxic anticholinergic effect remains.
A single glass of alcohol (beer or 1 oz of smirnoff, no difference) tends to get me to sleep, only to wake me two hours later with a full bladder. Benzos like xanax can deal out a lot of grief if they're used daily for mere insomnia. Suprisingly cannabis can make me dead tired by the end of the day, but I lay awake for hours nontheless because the psychedelic parts keeps the mind racing.

Melatonin is OK because its an orthomolecular substance, like Niacinamide (note that AMIDE part!) which is a form of vitamin B-3. I'd say 3mg of melatonin and/or 300mg niacinamide are optimum, as is 500 mg tryptophan or even a glass of warm milk, which generally does work. These are supplements and will enhance your health.

If you want a quick fix there's a weekend thing you can do: Simply pull an all-nighter, caffeine allowed but dont overdo it and no meth etc. and go to sleep the subsequent evening at the desired time. This will have the added effect of interesting sleep deprivation effects but the drawback that you're only half-there and that you should NOT take part in traffic. Ofcourse the buzzer must be set for the correct time the next morning.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: I need to fix my sleep schedule. [Re: Asante]
    #2034416 - 10/22/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I agree that getting up earlier will help. Or try and burn a lot of energy just before you wish to sleep.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2034732 - 10/23/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well, to stop coming here AT NIGHT would be your first step....

lol how long do you spend here each evening? Sometimes when I sign on I'll be hanging around here for several hours.. Its like "OK I'll hit the shroomery for a bit and then head to bed....... ....... .... ......... ...... .... holy SHIT its 2:45!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefunguyman
Stranger
    #2041094 - 10/24/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey.. take it from a fellow insomniac -try chamomile tea. a cup before bed gives you a nice warm drowsy feeling.. also, try reading a nonfiction book that is informative and useful but not very entertaining as you lie in bed.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2045463 - 10/26/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

drink some kava kava root. Not the capsules or extracts that can be found in drug stores - those are old and ineffective. Find some frehs kava kava from Hawaii, Fiji, Tonga, etc. and learn how to prepare the beverage. If everything is done correctly, you will experience a clear-headed euphoria followed by a nice deep sleep. PM if you need help with the kava :thumbup: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder