Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish
    #19972226 -

Been wanting to learn some spanish for a while.  Definitely would help out at work and to throw on a resume for future jobs.  I know there's Rosetta stone, know of anything else?  I'd like to eventually become fluent but even knowing enough to get by would be good.  If I can learn some basics I'm sure that I'll be able to pick up quite a bit more from the folks I work with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972243 -

Mush 4 Brains said:
Been wanting to learn some spanish for a while.  Definitely would help out at work and to throw on a resume for future jobs.  I know there's Rosetta stone, know of anything else?  I'd like to eventually become fluent but even knowing enough to get by would be good.  If I can learn some basics I'm sure that I'll be able to pick up quite a bit more from the folks I work with.



Interested in answer, I'm in the same boat.

Happen to be drinking Spanish beer atm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: XTCentral]
    #19972290 -

Yeah, drinking spanish beer will do the job.

The public education system has classes in spanish. Look around, if you are no longer going to a public school, there are adult education classes. Once you can speak a little then find spanish speakers and talk with them. I became fluent via this route.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Stonehenge]
    #19972301 -

Stonehenge said:
Yeah, drinking spanish beer will do the job.




They drink a lot of Spanish alcohol in Spain and they all speak Spanish. Coincidence? I think not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: XTCentral]
    #19972420 -

I like the Mexcan "Tecate" beer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Stonehenge]
    #19972453 -

Quote:
Yeah, drinking spanish beer will do the job.



If that's the case I should be teaching spanish by now then lol.

Quote:
The public education system has classes in spanish. Look around, if you are no longer going to a public school, there are adult education classes.



I'd prefer something I can do at home.  Really wish I took spanish in hs.

Quote:
Once you can speak a little then find spanish speakers and talk with them. I became fluent via this route.




I was figuring that, like I said in the OP the majority of my coworkers are spanish speaking.  Theyre all friendly and surely would help me out.  I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972461 -

duolingo.com

you'll be learning a lot about horses eating apples, so I hope that will be useful for you.


--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:


Edited by KremrBigSikter (05/11/14 03:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #19972555 -

>I was figuring that, like I said in the OP the majority of my coworkers are spanish speaking.  Theyre all friendly and surely would help me out.  I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?

Its not spanish, i know that much. Far is lejos, pronounced lay-hos with long o.

Study at home is good but if thats all you have you will find it very boring. Beginning spanish classes are all over the place, few classes are advanced because most students give up. Keep that in mind before you spend a lot of money on a course. They used to offer those expensive courses on silkroad for a few bucks, i picked up photoshop for about $2, not a language course but they had berlitz, and others cheap too. Pirated of course. Agora might have it now.

I made most of my progress by hiring spanish speakers so that when there was not much to do they helped with learning. You have to constantly practice to keep up, i will pay people even now to clean and practice with, mostly to practice. Luckily i have a friend who is from spain who doesn't charge.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972599 -

Mush 4 Brains said:
I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?



They're saying "Güey" which is basically "dude".


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972613 -

the best site for learning spanish, Jalisco Mx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19972711 -

Enlil said:
Mush 4 Brains said:
I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?



They're saying "Güey" which is basically "dude".



That's been driving me nuts for years, thanks.

Stonehenge said:
>I was figuring that, like I said in the OP the majority of my coworkers are spanish speaking.  Theyre all friendly and surely would help me out.  I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?

Its not spanish, i know that much. Far is lejos, pronounced lay-hos with long o.

Study at home is good but if thats all you have you will find it very boring. Beginning spanish classes are all over the place, few classes are advanced because most students give up. Keep that in mind before you spend a lot of money on a course. They used to offer those expensive courses on silkroad for a few bucks, i picked up photoshop for about $2, not a language course but they had berlitz, and others cheap too. Pirated of course. Agora might have it now.

I made most of my progress by hiring spanish speakers so that when there was not much to do they helped with learning. You have to constantly practice to keep up, i will pay people even now to clean and practice with, mostly to practice. Luckily i have a friend who is from spain who doesn't charge.



I'll keep that in mind.  Maybe I'll take a course over at the local community college.  I don't think it'll be that expensive.

Prisoner#1 said:
the best site for learning spanish, Jalisco Mx.



I see what you did there, I'm not going to mexico...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972722 -

Mush 4 Brains said:
Enlil said:
Mush 4 Brains said:
I hear a lot of them say "way"(sp?) a lot.  Like "hey way".  "Yeah way."  "It's over there way" etc.  Whats the way thing about?



They're saying "Güey" which is basically "dude".



That's been driving me nuts for years, thanks.




Lol, why didn't you ask them, Mate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: XTCentral]
    #19972729 -

Too busy I guess, probably should have though.  Things slip my mind a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972733 -

Mush 4 Brains said:
Too busy I guess, probably should have though.  Things slip my mind a lot.



:inlove:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #19972770 -

It could well be güey. It sounds like a regional word, its not standard. I talk mostly with spaniards when i practice spanish but also sometimes with south americans and never heard it. Even in a spanish speaking country they talk differently in various regions of the country. I spoke with a colombiana who said she found it a little odd talking to people from the coast since she was inland.

The important thing is to learn standard spanish. The various idioms and sayings can be learned as you go but don't assume they will be understood everywhere.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Stonehenge]
    #19972775 -

Stonehenge said:
It could well be güey. It sounds like a regional word, its not standard. I talk mostly with spaniards when i practice spanish but also sometimes with south americans and never heard it. Even in a spanish speaking country they talk differently in various regions of the country. I spoke with a colombiana who said she found it a little odd talking to people from the coast since she was inland.

The important thing is to learn standard spanish. The various idioms and sayings can be learned as you go but don't assume they will be understood everywhere.



+1







+11

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Stonehenge]
    #19973164 -

Stonehenge said:
It could well be güey. It sounds like a regional word, its not standard. I talk mostly with spaniards when i practice spanish but also sometimes with south americans and never heard it.





it's common from mexicans, more like calling a friend an asshole when they're cutting up

pinche joto guey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19973252 -

OK, i looked it up on google and it is a mexican local term. However i have spoken with mexicans who never used it. But that may be because its not totally polite, at least we know it exists. It should have a g sound in it according to the rules of pronunciation sort of like gway. But even pronunciation varies. They don't pronounce mexico according to the rules, they say it like meh-he-co

More important than learning little things like that is studying the grammar, learning some vocabulary and practice, practice, practice. I also speak a little french and german, enough to communicate. I have had natives tell me i was good but i think they mean good for an american :wink: I gained those the same way, starting in school, and then practicing with someone. I have to pay to get anyone to practice french or german with me. But thats how you do it, that plus persistence. It won't happen in a few days or weeks.


--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #19973261 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Stonehenge said:
It could well be güey. It sounds like a regional word, its not standard. I talk mostly with spaniards when i practice spanish but also sometimes with south americans and never heard it.





it's common from mexicans, more like calling a friend an asshole when they're cutting up

pinche joto guey



fucking faggot dude?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone know of a program or site for learning spanish [Re: Stonehenge]
    #19973277 -

It's a very commonly used word among Mexicans.  I heard it at least ten thousand times growing up


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Can someone help me? Need translation to French and Spanish HagbardCeline 1,282 7 08/10/04 02:28 PM
by RiverMan
* Mexican Americans
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 2,676 22 09/17/04 10:32 PM
by 2Experimental
* Masturbation!?
( 1 2 all )
Roger_irrelevant 17,881 31 10/04/13 02:39 PM
by mpd
* Really Hot Mexican Chick... Any Suggestions? (LONG) NO PICS! Druginduced 2,140 4 12/07/03 05:01 PM
by Druginduced
* Program for getting rid of spyware? Delyrium 1,511 17 02/18/04 02:06 AM
by scott2004bc
* Conversations with a spanish person LearyfanS 1,085 6 12/08/04 09:36 AM
by Vvellum
* thesporehaven.com anyone read spanish? BrainFarmer 1,028 4 08/03/03 07:58 PM
by buckwheat
* Really fun entertaining site you HAVE!!! to check out,,, orizon 763 1 12/20/03 09:07 AM
by StonedShroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,332 topic views. 5 members, 18 guests and 198 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.