Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig * 6
    #19809261 -

Plato described a self-eating, circular being as the first living thing—the universe as an immortal, mythologically constructed entity.

Quote:
The living being had no need of eyes because there was nothing outside of him to be seen; nor of ears because there was nothing to be heard; and there was no surrounding atmosphere to be breathed; nor would there have been any use of organs by the help of which he might receive his food or get rid of what he had already digested, since there was nothing which went from him or came into him: for there was nothing beside him. Of design he created thus; his own waste providing his own food, and all that he did or suffered taking place in and by himself. For the Creator conceived that a being which was self-sufficient would be far more excellent than one which lacked anything; and, as he had no need to take anything or defend himself against any one, the Creator did not think it necessary to bestow upon him hands: nor had he any need of feet, nor of the whole apparatus of walking; but the movement suited to his spherical form which was designed by him, being of all the seven that which is most appropriate to mind and intelligence; and he was made to move in the same manner and on the same spot, within his own limits revolving in a circle. All the other six motions were taken away from him, and he was made not to partake of their deviations. And as this circular movement required no feet, the universe was created without legs and without feet



Thanks for looking!

This piece is still available for the moment




--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19810358 -

God damn that's good. Tightening up the work as usual. I'm stoked for you to start nailing those wig-wags and such - this one's pretty damn good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: bryguy27007]
    #19810856 -

Thanks man! Definitely trying to push the limits of my skill level . . .
I also need a hotter torch lol


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19812685 -

The Ouroboros or Uroboros (/jʊərɵˈbɒrəs/; /ɔːˈrɒbɔrəs/, from the Greek οὐροβόρος ὄφις tail-devouring snake) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.

The Ouroboros often symbolize self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things such as the phoenix which operate in cycles that begin anew as soon as they end. It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished. While first emerging in Ancient Egypt, the Ouroboros has been important in religious and mythological symbolism, but has also been frequently used in alchemical illustrations, where it symbolizes the circular nature of the alchemist's opus. It is also often associated with Gnosticism, and Hermeticism.

Carl Jung interpreted the Ouroboros as having an archetypal significance to the human psyche.[citation needed] The Jungian psychologist Erich Neumann writes of it as a representation of the pre-ego "dawn state", depicting the undifferentiated infancy experience of both mankind and the individual child.[


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19812731 -



:smirk:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: jewunit]
    #19812805 -

you make beautiful work,

but you also spam the pub with advertisements, I don't see how this doesn't get rule # 4'd...


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: SpecialEd]
    #19815817 -

I appreciate your compliment but I do not see how i am spamming the pub with ads, I am sharing my art. How is it spam? Because I said this piece is available for the moment? I do not care one way or the other if anyone buys my pieces or not. And I dont post pieces very often either. I like sharing my art and getting feedback feels good. I have no shortage of people wanting my pieces outside of the shroomery and am not viewing this as an outlet to sell shit. And even the one in this post is being sold to the shop tomorrow just like most of the other pieces I have shared here

Sorry if it bothers you, but if you dont like it then you dont have to look at them. I dont mean to sound rude or condescending but I just dont see the need for you to make a comment like that


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Edited by LiquidGlass (04/08/14 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: jewunit]
    #19815841 -

jewunit said:


:smirk:





AWESOME!!


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19815846 -

Always post the pieces you find worthy liquid glass :laugh:


They are all awesome pieces :hi5:


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: SunnyD]
    #19815874 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19817959 -



--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19818089 -

OP, film yourself making these things, I would love seeing how you do it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: Patlal]
    #19818834 -

That would be awesome, but I need to get a camera . .


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19818840 -

Plus it takes 2 days to make one of these so that would be some long boring footage.

Of course i could edit it and throw out the boring parts and speed up some parts


--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ouroboros Dichro Rainbow Oil Rig [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #19865645 -



--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone work on an oil rig? PDU 570 3 10/28/08 11:15 PM
by PDU
* Oil Crash=Doomsday
( 1 2 3 all )
Bikerfool 4,789 50 03/30/06 08:23 PM
by Idiot
* The Egyptian Ouroboros and the Enigma of Our Fractal Reality crackawebsta 2,930 7 11/03/10 12:49 PM
by crackawebsta
* Round #2 for Gulf of Mexico oil production!
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 4,578 34 09/21/05 01:12 AM
by trendal
* A world with no oil, what would you do? HippySmoke 566 10 05/25/08 07:40 AM
by KoOs
* It's called PEAK OIL, goobler
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
trendalM 9,009 85 08/04/06 01:44 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* i just made $225 worth of fuel, out of vegetable oil, in 2 hours
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,453 54 04/14/16 08:34 PM
by PatrickKn
* Rainbow gathering versus the police
( 1 2 3 all )
EllisDSox 6,464 42 08/04/15 08:03 PM
by Mr.GuessWork

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,001 topic views. 4 members, 14 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.