Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight
    #1920157 - 09/15/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hi guys

I have myself 4g of dried Liberty Caps, a good mood, good environment and Timothy Leary's CD, 'The Psychedelic Experience' (Along with some good trippin tunes, medetative stuff like Coil's 'Time machines' etc)

I bought the CD like 2 months ago when I was in Canada, and I listened to it once when I got it just to see what it was like but then I have not listened to it since, cause I have been saving it for this trip.

I will let you all know how it goes! Has anyone else tripped to that album?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: zee_werp]
    #1920203 - 09/15/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

look forward to hearing about it. Id like to hear it.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1920266 - 09/16/03 12:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey alright!

Here's some of my favorite parts from the cd that I transcribed.......

Quote:

[From Track/side one "Going Out"]

"You are now about to begin a great adventure. The journey out of your mind. You will travel far beyond familiar reality into the level of transcendent awareness. You will leave behind you, your beloved personality, which will be returned to you at the end of this voyage. The goal of this trip is ecstasy. To move outside the boundaries of normal perception and consciousness into the far reaches of your nervous system. "

"You must be ready to accept the possibility that there is an infinite range of awareness?s for which we now have no words. That awareness can expand beyond the range of your ego, your self, your familiar identity, beyond everything that you have learned. Beyond your notions of space and time. Beyond the differences that usually separate people from each other, and from the world around them."

"Wether you experience heaven or hell, remember that it is your mind which creates them. Avoid grasping the one or fleeing the other. You must maintain faith and trust in the potentiality of your own nervous system and the billion year old life process. With your ego left behind you, your brain can?t go wrong."

"Trust your divinity. Trust your brain. Trust your traveling companion. Whenever in doubt, turn off your mind, relax, float down stream."

"Maintain a calm, relaxed awareness keeping your body, feelings and intellect still like a quiet pool of water"(Metzner or Alpert)

"Adopt an attitude of joyess acceptance of anything that might occur. An affirmation of the energy process that will sweep you along. Eliminate any anger ill will or irritation that you may feel towards anyone because this will prevent letting go and tends to produce a negative experience. Instead, meditate on love and trust towards everyone especially your traveling companions on this journey."(Metzner or Alpert)

"There are three main stages in this voyage........"

"The first, and most profound, is called the experience of the clear light or the void. Here you merge completely with the basic energy process. There are no thoughts, no images, no hallucinations, no pleasure or fear. no ?I? to experience. The drop of water is merged in the ocean. There is energy, light, flow. The network of process. ?You? are gone. All boundaries..dissolved."

"The second and longest phase is called the period of hallucination. Of gaining visions and revelations. Part of your ego has reasserted itself. And a multitude of sounds, images, thoughts are created and dissipated at fantastic speed. Both heaven and hell, paradise or torture may be experienced. Both come from you."

"The third phase is that of ?reentry? or ?rebirth? or ?re-imprinting?, where your ego strives to return to the body to rebuild it?s familiar everyday reality."

"As you reach unimagined levels of awareness, try to remember these three phases and try to recognize where you are. Do not attempt to control or rationalize the experience. Let it flow and enjoy the process. You will be returning soon enough.......all too soon. There is plenty of time for figuring it all out later.Turn your attention to your body. Try to become conscious of every cell in your body."(Metzner or Alpert)

Quote:

[From Track/side two "Coming Back"]

"Be aware of the photographs you are taking now with your neurological camera. Do not expose yourself to distractions"

"You may feel that you have super normal powers; telepathy or clairvoyance. Do not make the mistake of thinking that these powers are yours through merit. They are merely the natural signs that you are in the re-entry phase. Recognize where you are. A Zen master said ?My greatest miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink?"(Metzner or Alpert)

"Do not re-enter into your old robot out of fear. Do not rush back with a desire or a craving. Be detached. Choose your new self freely, consciously."

"You have five centers of conscious functioning. The thinking center will make it?s own new imprint. Your feeling center will make it?s own new imprint. Your moving(?) center will make it?s own new imprint. Your sexual center will make it?s own new imprint. Your instinctual center will make it?s own new imprint. The imprints you are now making will govern much of your life in the days to come. The imprints you are now making of other people will remain strong in the days to come."

"Try to remain high as long as possible. If you have started to come down already, try to regain the transcendence of the earlier most intense period. This will ensure a smooth gradual re-entry."

"A man dreams he was a butterfly. He woke up. He said ?Now I do not know weither I am a man who dreams he is a butterfly, or a butterfly who dreams he is a man?"

Here's a thread for you as well. In it you will find many great files....."Timothy Leary Mp3's"

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: Learyfan]
    #1920693 - 09/16/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Biggest bummer guys!! I remembered that I have a psych lab report due on thursday and tonight is my only chance to do it cause I'm busy this week...The trip is gonna have to wait till thursday or friday night. Oh well, at least I realised that BEFORE I took the shrooms, otherwise my report may have ended up rather off topic! I'm annoyed though because I was really in the mood for a trip. Anyways I will post afterwards to report on the CD.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1920848 - 09/16/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ttp://www.nvo.com/cd/nss-folder/tripreceptaclemp3s/SH1PT11.MP3

^^^^^^^^^^^ hahahaha! listen to McKenna sing a DMT elves song.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1921520 - 09/16/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineelevatorbeat
Stranger

Loc: kentucky
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: entiformatie]
    #1921751 - 09/16/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That's fucking sweet.

Where can I purchase this CD online you think?

Do you just take a dose of shrooms and put it in a cd player? Haha!

--------------------
"burn your money. it does you no good around here."

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: elevatorbeat]
    #1922014 - 09/16/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

dope.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #1922865 - 09/16/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

anyone know where the psychedelic experience mp3 can be DLed please? is it the book on cd?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: entiformatie]
    #1922879 - 09/16/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure you can find it on Soul Seek. It's only two tracks FYI.

It's not the book on cd. It's not nearly long enough. It's just Leary, Alpert and Metzner taking turns reading passages from the book.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: whole9]
    #1922915 - 09/16/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Can somebody rip it to Mp3 and then notify me by PM so I can tell wether or not to go looking my ass off for a CD I havent heard before?

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: blink]
    #1923115 - 09/16/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

lol, can i get the hookup too? if i like it, i WILL buy the cd, heh

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinecasper702
Ghost

Loc: Learning to fly
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: blink]
    #1923121 - 09/16/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly somebody when you are done tripping will you please help us all and rip it onto Mp3 so when can download it, I would be so happy like christmas no better

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: casper702]
    #1928935 - 09/18/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes this is very interesting...i would like to hear this myself

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: Vulture]
    #1928961 - 09/18/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping to Leary's 'Psychedelic Experience' tonight [Re: World Spirit]
    #1930792 - 09/18/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, if anyone would be willing to post this somewhere or send out a copy that would be amazing. Maybe I could work out some kind of trade with someone who has it on disk? Anyways, anyone who thinks they could do this please PM me. Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom