Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It
    #1508644 - 04/30/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: World Spirit]
    #1509000 - 04/30/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with that you're saying. I've experianced a lot of the things you mentioned on shrooms before.

I also think that every once in a while you can use shrooms recreationally possible a low dose with a group of friends...just to have fun, I don't know, but sometimes these can be some of the best times of your life.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: Billowz]
    #1510260 - 05/01/03 01:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the truth got a lot smaller - you're getting better, Enter :wink: lol just messin with ya

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: Strumpling]
    #1510273 - 05/01/03 02:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1510336 - 05/01/03 02:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Fifth : Higher doses, more often.

as Terence once said, we do not need more people to explore,
we need those who are Experienced to push the envelope, to go DEEPER.

...and take notes.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: Middleman]
    #1510358 - 05/01/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: Middleman]
    #1510507 - 05/01/03 05:14 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Actually he said higher doses not  frequently. Meaning allow plenty of space between trips.

Enter- What does his death of brain cancer have to do with his philosophy. You make it sound as if there related.  I hope this is just my perspective of your statement and you actually don't believe this. :wink:

After almost two decades of psychedelic use I have to agree with him. As Andrew Weil said large doses tend to override your defense's. If proper preperations like set ant setting are taken care of then a high dose can completely liberating, especially with LSD. I only trip 3 or 4 times a year now, but find it important to dose high and use a combo. For the past 6 years this has been 5 grams of cubes and 40-50mg of DMT( I switched to this from LSD because it doesn't last near as long). This ensures that my ego has no chance to "steer" the trip in it's direction and eternity (or god, the light or whatever name you call it) can be glimpsed and felt for a brief time.
This is where I get my cleansing, healing and guidence from. Tripping so infrequently I find it important to reach this goal each time and high doses ensure this. As I get older my trips get less and are probably going to be only 1 or 2 a year soon.

Again this is just my opinion and my approach. Some people tend to agree with it
some don't. I have been doing psychedelics for almost 20 years and am comfortable with them. People just starting out might be better off taking lower doses and working up.

How you use psychedelics and in what doses is a very personal choice for all.
One model doesn't fit everybodys needs or capabilities. If small doses are whats benificial for someone then thats the correct dose for them as is a high dose for some else. "Many roads" indeed. Often our roads or methods change over the course of time as we get older and learn more from these sacred chemicals.
To each his own :grin:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/01/03 05:18 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: chinacat72]
    #1510531 - 05/01/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1510779 - 05/01/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't recall reading that, but its been many years since I have looked at that book. I never really have had a need or intrest in reading Staments work unless I had a cultivation question. If Paul does say use mushrooms frequently in small amounts I would consider that poor advice for myself. I can't think of anything I could derive from that at all.
Where obvously looking for different outcomes from the use of psychedelics and that's fine.

As for "submitting " to someone as a teacher. My teacher is the mushroom.

As for integrating your Christianity, how do you do that with psychedelics without being shunned from your church. Are you a lone wolf or is there a secret church out their that actually has a sacrament that works.

I probably shouldn't ask that since this thread is going to get way off topic. I could move it to S&P or we could start a new one there.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1511027 - 05/01/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1511058 - 05/01/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

entity requested gnrmi's commentary here...
dunno why, other than i am old fart...
anyways...
planning:
where, when, why, who, how...
silence and darkness can be good... but so can a greatful dead concert, or the bonfire at starwood :wink: ...
music on stereo better than tv or comp. heh... but sometimes live music, other or self (do you play an instrument? sing? hum ooommmmm...) can allow experiential aspects of the vibratory nature of things to manifest... or an anechoic environment, or the sounds of the wind in the trees & the humming of the bees, or the drumming of the rain & the howl of the wind... or the drumming of the drummers...
being healthy is good, being clean is good, having pure intent is good...
but remember, play can be a stated purpose (per jonathon ott: ludibund)...
foods & g.i. evacuation... generally, yeah, a shortish fasting state can be beneficial... but if you are aiming for a long duration trip (lsd, mescaline, ibogaine, dom...) it might be a good idea to have had a fair breakfast and a good bowel mmovement & maybe a shave & shower prior to ingestion...
yoga, or chanting, or ommming, or silent meditaiotn while getting off... okeydokey... (but i have had a marvelous evening whilst sitting in the hot tub with the queen of all the flying saucers (yep, all of 'em) & trading footrubs... just good clean fun, honest!)(luv ya, princess!)
as for company... solo has its advantages... as does a small circle (1?2?3?4?5?) of fellow psychonauts... & yes, take care of yourself, & look out for your mates... as to other drugs, well.... it may be nice to have them available, but... it's not for everyone... (and getting (or trying to get) stoned or drunk while peaking can be pointless... but sometimes post peak i find a couple tokes, or sometimes a short snifter of cognac, can do wonders for my old tired nervous system, especially post-peak :wink: ...)
and frequency... yeah, a few times per year will keep things "special" more than a few times per month...
oh, and don't fergit the niacinamide, kiddies !!! (vit B3)
~
sheesh, that's only point # 1... are you sure you want my rather redundant comments? well, if so, maybe more later.. and if not, well, erase my drivel, eh?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/02/03 07:43 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1511097 - 05/01/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"The late and highly revered Terence McKenna also died young of brain cancer."

What does that have to do with anything you're discussing?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1511263 - 05/01/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I believe the best way to experience psychedelics is in the privacy of the home

I almost stopped reading here......

Quote:

Silence creates a more natural atmosphere.

I pretty much stopped here (although i skimmed the rest).

Dude, if your goal is a "more natural atmosphere", then get out of you four-walled, ceilinged box. Silence isn't natutal. Ambience is. I would say quality ambient music is more "natural", in simulation, than silence. Tripping at home is generally a bad idea in my opinion (on mushrooms anyway). Get outside, even if it's just a local park or soething. If you can get out to the forest or some semblance of wilderness, nothinh beats that.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1511434 - 05/01/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not challenging your religous beliefs at all. I was just curous, and now I see how you integrate it from your statement. I'm glad to see your not one of these christians that preach the evils of drugs and them do them when your away from the flock. Thank you for the answer and for not letting this get into a big religous debate.

As for psychedelics there are many ways to use them(gnrm23 pointed out alot of good ones :wink:) and we all can find the best way for ourselves, personally to get the most benifits.

To each his own :wink: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1511563 - 05/01/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #1511574 - 05/01/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well, you can start out planning just to spend the day (or night, whatever) hangin' wit' yer buds & jus' chillin' -- and find youself in the midst of an ego-shattering existential epiphany... hehheh...
inside your bedroom, out in the woods, on top of mount shasta, floatin' in a sensory dep tank, curled up in a sleeping bag, shakin' them bones with a kick-ass band supplyin' the beat, in the sack with your sweet lover, playin' frisbee in the park, sitting in the basement of marsh chapel during the good friday service (pankhe & leary, harvard), doin' tai chi or aikido or hatha yoga or... chanting oooommmm in a circle & riding the harmonics, wired into biofeedback or mind machine setup, sitting in zazen, trading massages with close friends, or playing "circle of sighs" (group simultaneous backrubs) with a bunch of strangers, looking at art, making art, listening to or telling stories (try one of the _mind games_ exercises (masters & houston)), tossing the i ching or reading tarot...
oh my, there's all sortsa stuff you can do to exercise your excited neurons...
~
(heh, there's a cute book from some of those esalen folks called _what to do until the messiah comes_ mmmkay...)
~
(anybody wanna come & play 3rd week in july? :smile: ...)
~
i've heard if you don't pick up your guitar whilst yr gettin off, ya might as well not bother... but if yr strummin while yr nervous system is gettin re-tuned, you can play until yr fingers wear out :wink: ... hehheh...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/02/03 07:38 AM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Edited: The Psychedelic Experience and How to Dig It [Re: Strumpling]
    #1511575 - 05/01/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #1511614 - 05/01/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hippies & deadheads?
lessee, outa h.s. & inta college by '70
smokin up by winter of '70, being electric by ummm '71? '72? somethin in there...
first dead concert '71 (shoulda gone to the cleveland '70 concert, but... )
past 20-25 years... being married, buying house, having kids, raising kids, getting divorced :frown: ...
finishing college, reading books, doing yardwork, folding laundry, cooking meals, trying to survive job layoffs, son getting busted, daughter ummmmm dating, wife trying to save a bipolar co-worker (who ain't no friend of mine...), making house payments (& re-fi while the rates are low...)
trying to keep mind alive while heart is breaking... trying to ensure kids have head on shoulders, heart in body, roof over head, meals on table...
at least allow for exposure to religious possibilities for offspring (whether it "takes" or not, that's another story)... and encourage them to be responsible (& one mmight hope, discrete...) as regards ummmm "youthful experimentation phase"...
and still try to maintain friendships with people from past & present... with a couple/few times per year for estival festival & possibility of mindmelding (if not bodymeshing --- i almost think i have forgotten the m.o. for how-to-connect, i dunno...)
but i am still interested in many things, i think...
whether i am myself interesting... well, who's asking :wink: ...
ymmv...
ummm, what were we talking about?

--------------------
not old enough to care

Edited by gnrm23 (05/01/03 02:20 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1511649 - 05/01/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"I didn't mean to insult Terence McKenna. I just meant that the guy had more than a sufficient amount of sessions and yet it ended on a sour note. Perhaps my comment about him was inappropriate and irrelevent. I just don't know how safe it is to think like he did."

OK then.

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1511872 - 05/01/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Where are you guys and what have you been doing the last twenty years?

For the first part of it I spent on the road with the Dead trying to help as many human beings as possible have the opportunity to take LSD. Just as you view Jesus as a messenger from God, myself and most of the Dead family view LSD as a message from God. I was gladly willing to sacrafice my life or freedom to spread this message. For a glimpse of are dedication to this read my thread LSD Crystal to blotter. It's in the ODD forum.

I have since retired from the underground. I am still very close to the Dead family and always will be. Now my days are filled with trying to give my children enough love and guidance to become peaceful ,positive beings who see the world with love in their eyes. I am also involved in getting the academic credentials to hopefully someday  work with psychedelics in the legal theraputic setting that was destroyed during the 60's. This is something that may never happen in my lifetime, but I am devoted to LSD till the day I rejoin eternity for good. My days are very joyous and filled with great peace. I have experianced the pure unconditional loving energy of eternity and have no fear ,but anticipation for the day I shed this old body and become one with it. 

As for your question of mixing the psychedelic generations. There was nothing better for this that the Grateful Dead. The elders were there to show the younger heads whats up. Passing the torch so to speak. As a younger person on tour in the mid eighties I was able to connect with some of the older folks that were there from the begining in the mid 60's. I feel very privaleged to have been able to been apart of this.
There was no higher place on earth than a good Dead show. We would be united as one through music and love and LSD. One big ball of love. It was God reaching down to the masses :wink:
If I had the choice to live in anytime and anywere in history, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Edited by chinacat72 (05/01/03 04:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies