Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Should A. bisporus be any color than white on peroxide agar?
    #1811670 - 08/13/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

About 3-4 days ago I droped some of those "mushroom seeds" I got a few months ago on a dish of peroxidated agar. Some white fuzz is coming out of one of the seeds and is colonizing the agar. It looks grey where it comes in contact with the agar. Some of the other seeds are developing bluish/grayish/greenish spots.

Is any of this A. bisporus?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Should A. bisporus be any color than white on peroxide agar? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1812183 - 08/14/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Could be, its quite wispy to start, becoming more cottony
when it thickens, green patches dont sound to good though.
But a grey tint is normall on mine. Also a purple tint to
the chestnut buttons.

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Should A. bisporus be any color than white on peroxide agar? [Re: Paid]
    #1812247 - 08/14/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It's like a thin layer of black right at the surface if the agar where it meets the mycelium.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Re: Should A. bisporus be any color than white on peroxide agar? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1812590 - 08/14/03 06:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Can you section of a clean part?

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1814148 - 08/14/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Dunno if there is a clean part, or a dirty part. I picked out all the colored bits. They do not appear to have infected the agar. I need to know if this grey/black could be caused by A. bisporus.

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1814312 - 08/14/03 04:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Is The White Button.

Is the chestnut button.

So i would say its not unfeazerbal. But it don't look nice :tongue: 

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1814722 - 08/14/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post1600479

Quote:

Anno said:
Cloned from supermarket 10 days ago on potato water-oatmeal-sucrose agar. Notice how the A. bisporus is altering the color of agar. This is NOT bacterial contamination.

That looks just about like what I've got, except his are more brownish, and mine are more greyish, and his mycelium looks more ropey and mine looks more poofy and fuzzy.

--------------------

Edited by Baby_Hitler (08/14/03 06:25 PM)

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

#1815815 - 08/15/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, they do seem pretty varierbal, the chestnut button makes
the agar purple. It does look like mycelium coming directly from the
seeed. So i would go with it for now.
Good luck with em.

--------------------

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
    #1819627 - 08/16/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My experience

When you clone Buttons they tend to bruise badly. This is even more pronounced on peroxide . Eventually some will start to show regrowth, some will contam. Like anno said a few if not all will bleed a pigment into the agar. generall this is not good but bleeders canstill recover albeit slower.
sub the ones that are wispy at the edges.
On fresh agar growth should speed up and be more rhizo, and by the third sub the culture will be white and a normal agaricus culture

Interestingly i threw out som contam subs only to find a month later they hadnt quite made it to the bin. The agricus had crawled over and eaten the contaminanats - i guess thats its nature as a secondary decomposer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder