Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
antibiotics with shrooms? * 1
    #1802010 - 08/11/03 04:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ok,i had my wisdom teeth taken out friday morning, and now im on antibiotics(amoxicillin) and tomorrow is the last day i have to take them, and i was wondering if i did shrooms tomorrow would they make a bad combo with the meds and do something weird to me? or would it not make any difference at all? thanks

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: kristina420]
    #1802049 - 08/11/03 04:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i know that amoxicilin dosent effect the same neuro trasmitters as psilocibn, however they may be a reaction between some of the many many other trypamines.
however
this is a quote from erowid's mushroom faq

Q: What happens if I combine 'shrooms and other drugs?

A: Alcohol: Variable, usually takes the edge off since it helps you relax. Note that if you're drunk before you eat the shrooms, the mental effects of your drunkenness will disappear as the trip starts. Large amounts will increase the nausea in the beginning.

Cannabis: Nearly always the experience is intensified/lengthened, but a few people claim it actually ends the trip. Smoking is handy during the last few hours to extend the experience.

MDMA/MDA: Known as an "hippy flip" or "MX-missile" (M as in mushrooms and X as in XTC), the experience is highly intensified and similar to LSD & MDMA ("candyflipping").

2C-B: Also a bit like candyflipping but shorter lasting and somewhat less empathogenic. 2C-B can also be used to boost a mushroom trip. After the peak of the mushrooms, somewhere around 2 hours after starting to notice effects, taking a low dose of 2C-B (7-20 mg) can prolong the experience and merge it towards a 2C-B experience.

Nicotine: Smoking feels good.

Nitrous: Catapulted into outer space for a few minutes.

Psychedelics: Cross-tolerance is usually present to some degree. Combining mushrooms with a psychedelics such as LSD will generally lead to a trip which has some features of each substance.
which can be found here http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_faq.shtml#18

persoanlly i would do it, but thats me.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1976288 - 10/03/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm on some major IV antibiotics. I ate 3g dry and barely detected the shrooms at all.

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #1979895 - 10/04/03 10:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

One should not consume any drugs while on antibiotics or for at least a week after taking them. It just defeats the power of the antibiotics and lead to a relapse in the reason for taking the antibiotics.

Wanting to take them right away is tantamount ot an early stage of poly-drug abuse and drug abuse in general.

You should only use thoe substances when your body is at its best level of halth.

mj

InvisibleBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1979947 - 10/04/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't even think about the antibiotics at the time. I'm not sick, it's just precautionary to keep a previous bad leg infection from returning.

You are 100% correct about being in the best of health as well as using mushrooms for drug purposes. I feel they are more like a spiritual guide than a drug and don't use them to "get fucked up"

Peace
Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #1980515 - 10/05/03 03:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
One should not consume any drugs while on antibiotics or for at least a week after taking them. It just defeats the power of the antibiotics and lead to a relapse in the reason for taking the antibiotics.

Wanting to take them right away is tantamount ot an early stage of poly-drug abuse and drug abuse in general.

You should only use thoe substances when your body is at its best level of halth.

mj

Do you have any support for you statement that shrooms defeat the purpose of the antibiotics? I don't see what it would have to do with them.

Poly-drug abuse? Antibiotics are not an abusive drug.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: Tantalus]
    #1981033 - 10/05/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I take mincocycline for acne. I'm wondering the same thing. I tripped a week ago but I wasn't on it then. I just went back to the docs and got my Rx. I plan on tripping this coming weekend. I'd love if someone could find some actual data on this. I'd give ya 5 shrooms.

Otherwise, better safe than sorry, I'll just stop taking them starting today.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: StrongBad]
    #1981303 - 10/05/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Poly-drug abuse? Antibiotics are not an abusive drug.[/quote

No but wanting to take a drug after using antibiotics is tantamount to the beginning of drug abuse. One should wait, just as one should wait a few weeks or more before repaeatinfg and experience.

I know many shroomers hwho have shroomed two to three times a week and eventually they do not get off, they end up eating up to 200 or more Copelandia shrooms. I see people consuming 8-10 grams of cubensis when 3 is enough to get most people high, especially people who have never before eaen shrooms. Thats drug abuse.

Wanting to get high the next day after having a baby thats drug abuse.

ACTUALLY I PREFER THE WORD MIS-USE OF A DRUG SINCE THE PERSON OS ONLY ABUSING HIMSELF and/or herself.

mj.

Not only should you not take shrooms while on antibiotics but that also includes alcohol and other drugs. They use up the bodies energies and lower the purpose of the antibiotics.

One does not need any statements to back up what any physcian would tell you. antibiotics Should be taken until they are used up in 8 to ten days, usually four a day or so according to doctors advise. Thats why they are doctors. They went to school so they could inform you not to take other drugs when on antibiotics. Esp[ecially when the antibiotics are used for infections or for illness due to respitory problems such as a flu or severe colds which require such treatments.

Taking a drug which useds up the bodies energies deffeats the purpose of the antibiotic drug one is taken.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (10/05/03 02:58 PM)

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
    #1981801 - 10/05/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

^^^

I think that's a stupid post, sorry. I'm not abusing drugs just because I'm taking an antibiotic for acne and want to trip (not a health problem...it's a vanity problem, if you could even call it a problem).

Can people not be excited about an upcoming trip? I'd rather anticipate it so I'd have a better one.

I'll be on minocycline all my life probably, so you're saying I'm a drug addict/abuser if I stop taking it so I can trip?

Whatever...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: StrongBad]
    #1981990 - 10/05/03 08:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Apparent;ly you do not understand. When you take an antibiotic, other drugs will counter the antibiotics effects towards your treatment.

plain and simple.

It klills the antibiotics.

mj

OfflineSexadelia
Stranger
Re: antibiotics with shrooms? [Re: kristina420]
    #21512805 - 04/07/15 12:34 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

thank the gods for this thread! I just had an experience with shrooms and antibiotics over the weekend. In short - DONT do it. First of all, it does weaken the schroom - although I was definetely hallucination, it would phase in and out. As the evening went on, i went from having a nice trip to a bad one...i got incredibly sad and couldn't stop crying. The next day,my body felt heavy and weak, and I felt like my world was ending. It took the entire day and into the next morning before I felt back to normal, and those dreadful feelings subsided.

I did not make the connection with the antibiotics, however, until today. then I did some research and ended up here. It did not even occur to me that it would be an issue. I had also finished my antibiotic cycle that morning, before i schroomed. I even noticed it affected how i react to marijuana as well. Next time, I will know better!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience