Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGiantEvilRobot
Stranger
Loc: blah di blah
couple questions from novice
    #1784092 - 08/06/03 04:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hey everyone, first of all, really glad I found this site nice and positive and informative, very cool. Anyway bout to take shrooms for the second time in a coupla days, got a couple quick probably obvious questions.

#1. I've read a lot about pot lengthening/intensefying your trip, and taking an edge off the anxiety. Well the first time I tripped I had no anxiety, but I was in as perfect a setting as would seem with twelve peeps losing their minds with me. Also, I used to smoke, but quit becuause the herb was giving me panic attacks, it was probably my mind state at the time of smoking, but even now that I've grown into a happy person the stuff doesn't sit well with me, sooooo knowing that the anxiety of mushrooms seems to be random, would I expect to get anxiety if I smoked pot to lengthen my trip, or qwould the mushrooms cancel that out somehow. (assuming my trip was going well before pot)
#2. Tool, aenima (sp?) and lateralus, good for shrooms or scary? any Jeff Buckley fans out there?

Again thanks for this awesome site whoever is responsible for it and thanks to all those who help me out now or in the future.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: couple questions from novice [Re: GiantEvilRobot]
    #1784098 - 08/06/03 05:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms and pot together is quite different from shrooms or pot alone
Nobody can tell you whether you're going to get anxiety from smoking on shrooms
Aenima and Lateralus are two of the very best albums I have ever experienced tripping

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1784107 - 08/06/03 05:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

#1. Its different for everyone pot seems to lengthen and intensify my trip (by that I mean visuals) but it mellows me out aswell. For me I have to have a few joints while tripping, its a comfort thing... I get a little anxious when I have nothing to smoke. All I can recommend is smoking if you feel like a joint. If the mood is light and you think it would be a good time, then go ahead man, it'll be one of the nicest joints you've smoked. On the other hand if you usually get anxious from simply smoking dope then it could turn things shitty... At the end of the day your choice......

#2. Tool are good (Im not a HUGE fan)... I prefer MM or led zep tho... Just put your fav music on and chill

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1784127 - 08/06/03 05:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I try not to take mushrooms unless I have at least a couple bowls to smoke right after the peak.

Which is the best time to toke, if you ask me. It brings the peak back almost instantly and probably a bit stronger than your first peak. It does mellow things out a little.

But if you have problems with anxiety and panic attacks from pot smoking (i used to, too) you should definately make sure you are READY to get a lot higher fairly quickly. I've even gone from a level 3 trip to a level 4 trip off one nice bong toke, and it happened fast. I find it much easier to handle if I am alone or only with others who ate with me.

I suggest you start out with a SMALL toke, then wait a few minutes to get a feel of what the mix feels like. If you want to get higher, just smoke more  :wink:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1784302 - 08/06/03 08:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

1) It is nice to have a bowl loaded and ready to burn in case you want it later. If you don't feel up for it later, no worries.

2) Whatever music you like is good. I have found that I enjoy different types of music when tripping than when not. Have some various flavors available and explore a bit.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: couple questions from novice [Re: Seuss]
    #1784534 - 08/06/03 11:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I quit smoking pot because it was giving me anxiety. I only enjoyed the first 15-20 minutes of the high and then I started thinking too much and usually got depressed, or paranoid.

I quit for 6 weeks, tripped, and got in on a bigass 2.5g blunt. The problem went away, and my trip was awesome. I just don't smoke everyday anymore, it's usually a once a week or once every two weeks thing.

If you are gonna smoke, smoke a few bowls when you start feeling nauseous. Pot will settle your stomach. Also, what trendal said ^^^

OfflineGiantEvilRobot
Stranger
Loc: blah di blah
Re: couple questions from novice [Re: Adden]
    #1785973 - 08/06/03 07:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Right on, thanks for the answers everyone, now one more n00b question, the first time I took mushrooms, I ate half an eighth, then about an hour and a half later ate the restof the eighth, this time I plan on just taking an eighth with orange huice all at once, I weigh about 205lbs and will probably eat something 2-3 hours before I take the mushrooms. My question is, I think last time I was at a weak level 2, I'm thinking level 3 would be where I wanna go this time (don't think I'm ready for anything higher) will this dose do the trick? If I've only done a level 2, is this level3 gonna be overwhelming? I'm feeling pretty stable mentally, have read up alot on this site and erowid about shrooms, and some castaneda, and will be at my home with friends, anything I should worry about? (sorry these questions probably seem obvious and may have come up alot, but I haven't found speciofic answers in the faqs, and I tend to trust multiple personal responses to just one answer, after this trip I should be able to post more productively...) Again thanks for any help you guys can give.

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

#1787142 - 08/07/03 02:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a good plan to me! Since you experienced the shrooms on a lower does the first time and you feel mentally stable and in a good state of mind, I'd say go for the full eighth! An eighth usually gets me right to a level 3 (if you're going by levels, I just kind of have fun... :smile2: ) and it's major fun! It shouldn't be too overwhelming since you dosed before, but try not to expect anything. It's best to let everything flow, that was a problem for me in the past--I would always try and hold on to order. Sounds like a good place to trip, I'd do it with minimal people at the house, maybe 3-5, and eat a very light meal 3 hours before tripping. Don't get excited and eat them too soon after eating, it'll diminish the effects. All I can say now is have fun!

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: couple questions from novice [Re: eggystardust]
    #1787151 - 08/07/03 02:21 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

smoking pot while on shrooms can be THE SHIT, or it CAN SUCK ASS

pot makes the trip much more intense and euphoric and definately gives visuals a kick in the ass

but sometimes it just makes the paranoia of shrooms more intense...which is weak

id say try it...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience