Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinez3r0
=P

n00b question... nearing the first time.
    #1490196 - 04/24/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

howdy ya'll. I havnt tripped shrooms before, but smoke pot regularly.. maybe 5 nights a week =/. but yeah, my parents are going out of town tomorrow morn and if i can get them (my guy has been out for 2 days) i was thinking about doing them. overall i have been anticipating this greatly for a while, ive read alot about it and think that it would be something that i would really enjoy. i havnt had any second thoughs or times when i thought that i would be scared or anything, its a completly good feeling when i think about doing them. but yea, i have a few questions mainly:

1) ive never really read any trip reports where ppl played video games. is this because its more of a close your eyes and be gone to a diff place thing, or walk around and look at shit?

2) i have a friend or two that are also looking to do them, but need a place. right now im thinking about eating some and just solo'ing it and playing video game. note: this is normally what i do when i smoke on the week night, get blazed and play some diablo2 or enclave. in yyour eyes guys, would it be better to trip with the 2 other ppl at my house, or plan on jsut going in solo? also, (this kinda ties into # one) what to do while tripping? video games & music? or what?

3)i was planning on smoking some high grade pot about 15 min after i consumed the beatiful products of nature. good idea for a first timmer or no? i feel that since im so incredibly comfortable with everything when im blazed, it might be a good thing to help me along with my first trip?

4) dossage. okay im buying an eigth (4 grams) at first i was thinking about downing the full 4, but after browsing these forums for a while and reading many many reports im not sure exactly what do take? personally right now i want to take the 4 and smoke a good bit of some very potent pot, and then trip balls for like 8 hours =)

but yeah, i have no clue... and although i have done a great bit of research on the subject, i'd still rather get opinions of ppl more experianced than myself. (nothing can substitute experiance)

thanks in advace to all that lend a helping hand.

highest regards to all,
me

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: z3r0]
    #1490325 - 04/24/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

an 1/8th is 3.5 grams.

Dont ply an rpg while ur trippin that too much thinking, but a shooter, or a game like grand theft auto is tight cuz it seems more real.

dont smoke 15 mins after u eat the shrooms, the shrooms wouldent have even kiked in at that point, plus dont u wanna see the the shrooms by themselves feel like? this is ur first time come on now.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Edited by ShamanSean (04/24/03 06:45 PM)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1490540 - 04/24/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

For your first time it's a good idea to have a friend on hand with you, just incase things go bad for you. But don't worry, that's highly unlikely. But it might be more intense then you anticipate and having a friend there that you trust will keep you calm.

It won't be a "close your eyes and drift away to another land" type of high... unless you eat more then 5 grams.

A lot of people really enjoy walking around and exploring whilst under the influence of mushrooms, and a lot of people like to sit around and chill out and enjoy the place they're at.

Video games can be really fun while tripping. Make sure it's nothing too complex. The simpler the game, the more fun you'll have. I have a blast playing thoes "Atari Classics" games.

For your first time, try not to take more then 2 grams. Smoking weed 15 minutes into your trip can be really enjoyable experience. But, since this is your first time, I would suggest not smoking any weed until you're at least coming down. Try to get the feeling for mushrooms and how it affects you without THC in your system. Then for future reference you can determine whether or not it's a good idea to smoke weed or not while tripping to enhance your experience.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Edited by djd586 (04/24/03 07:51 PM)

Offlinez3r0
=P

Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: djd586]
    #1490648 - 04/24/03 08:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i appriciate the responses guys.

heh i know an eigth is 3.5g, dont know what i was thinking when i was typing that... maybe its the excitement getting to me. any reason you said less than 2 djd? i think i might have the firnds over too, it seems like that might be a good idea. diablo2 and enclave are out, but i do have a regular nintendo with like 60 games that ill put to some use.

so 2-2.5g, friends, and nes. sounds like a plan, i just hope my guy has gotten some more in, im looking forward to making a spore print from one of the caps.

thanks again,
me

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1490746 - 04/24/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"i was planning on smoking some high grade pot about 15 min after i consumed the beatiful products of nature. good idea for a first timmer or no? i feel that since im so incredibly comfortable with everything when im blazed, it might be a good thing to help me along with my first trip?"

Roll a joint (or pack a bong/pipe), but don't smoke it unless you start to feel uncomfortable. I like to smoke up while I'm shrooming as well, but it's nice to experience pure shrooms for a little bit, unless you're having a bad .. whatever the hell you call it, where you're waiting for the trip to hit you.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Offlinepeetee32
Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1490905 - 04/24/03 09:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i was a first timer a few weeks ago...bought an OZ and wanted to test them out before sharing with my friends so i would know how much to eat the 2nd for everyone to have a great experience.
i ate a full 1/8 (3.5g) and sat alone in my living room. at no point did i ever drift from reality, i got some really cool visuals but nothing crazy.
i think you should hold off on the ganja and test the shrooms on their own. i think playing video games would have distracted me a little bit...i was just looking around the room and enjoying the effects. listen to some music or walk around a familar place and just enjoy.

my 2nd experience is being planned...if the rain holds off me and some really good friends are going to this cabin in VA saturday...i cant wait for that.

Offlinez3r0
=P

Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1491023 - 04/24/03 10:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

wow guys, thanks for the quick responses. hopefully ill get ahold of some tomorrow after school... come home and eat around 7pm or so. im hoping to experience the trip during both night and day =) i think ill take a walk down to this pond in the place where i live... theres a cool fountian. ill try and hold off on the pot, this is about the shrooms =) im extremely excited and cant wait, i tend to find myself constantly browsing trip reports and browsing the forums... soaking up as much info as i can possibly do. i think ill make a spore print and give growing a shot, prolly order some spores offline sometime in the near present. this brings about a great question: i do live in the US, has anyone ever herd of someone ordering spores or grow bags or anything like that offline and getting in trouble with the law? i know spores are not illegal, but im still kinda iffy about getting them and similar stuff sent directly to my house. but yeah, thanks again... the replies are greatly appriciated.

regards,
me

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1491078 - 04/24/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ordered some spores not too long ago. Haven't had any law trouble here. You might want to consider smoking up near the end of the trip. I have heard it prolongs the experience. I have yet to try shrooms myself. Yet being the keyword. Good luck!

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Offlinez3r0
=P

Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1491272 - 04/24/03 11:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

to bad you dont live near me Lost. we could chew some together for the first.

i jsut smoked a bowl, gunna get the chewies tomorrow.

take it easy,
me

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1491489 - 04/25/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

z3, I'm assuming that you're getting fresh shrooms if you intend on trying to make a spore print from one of the caps. If you are getting fresh shrooms have you researched dosages fresh vs. dry? If you are eating fresh shrooms and they're P.C.'s, 15 grams will be sufficient for a first timer.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinez3r0
=P

Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: djd586]
    #1491496 - 04/25/03 01:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

=P ty djd, 15 ya say... i feel confident that i can handle it, and i want a good first trip. 15 would put me on .. lvl 2 or 3? but yea, i think il order that stuff tomorrow, i'd like to let my pet snake grow his own. its rewarding.

thanks again...

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1491531 - 04/25/03 01:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i doubt your buying fresh shrooms..your prolly buying dry, and you can make spore prints from those

i recoomend you eat the whole 8th and chill inside for the first huor...to see if you can handle it...if you feel you can walk around go outside and explore shits thats lots of fun.....about 2-3 huors into your trip i would smoke some weed cus it lengthens and it also might make it stronger depending on when your peak has hit

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1491609 - 04/25/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You have to have REALLY fresh shrooms to make spore print. Like it-was-just-picked-two-minutes-ago fresh. And an 1/8 oz of fresh shrooms would not do anything to you, so you must be getting dry. Now an 1/8 lb of fresh would give you some effects (if my calulations are correct, that would be 54g).

The most fun playing video games I've ever had trippin was playing Madden Football. Two of us would play on the same team against the computer and it was so funny. Usually the computer did not stand a chance, but while all fucked up, things were a bit more even. The computer would break out these 75yd passing plays, and we would just be running it up the middle because that was all we could handle.

On growing, if you live with your parents, you might want to wait. USA residents could get their parents in BIG trouble if they were caught cultivating in their house. It is better to wait until you have your own place, or do an outdoor patch in the woods somewhere.

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

OfflineAbFab
me

Loc: Here
Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: OKKuato]
    #1491719 - 04/25/03 02:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i smoked a lot of KB my first time and it was a very good experience, i think that it calms down your trip. I have never done it alone, i like to be around a handful of close friends that are tripping with me. i think that 3 or so grams would be as high as i would go for a first tip. i have never played video games, but i love listening to music and closing my eyes, or taking walks and being around nature (especially at night). Most of all, just relax and have fun.

--------------------
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when your uncool.

Offlinez3r0
=P

Re: n00b question... nearing the first time. [Re: AbFab]
    #1494089 - 04/25/03 07:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

doh. bad news, the flooding of shrooms last week stopped, now... once again... they are no where to be found. =/ but they should be back in a few days, i got the heads up on some info ahead of time. but, for now ill have to satisfy myself with a quarter of some nice shit between mids and KB. (i weighed it on my digies and it came out to 8.34g !!!!! ) but yea, i got 4 blunt wraps and its gunna be fun, but im still very very dissapointed.

Me

edit :

i just rolled a 2.62g blunt all for myself. i have a 2.46g one for later tonight =) but i would trade an ounce of pot for an eigth of shrooms =/ too anxious.

Edited by z3r0 (04/25/03 10:03 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience