Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold!
    #1757398 - 07/28/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

First, you have to recognize that drugs tickle your brain and unleash hidden potentials in your mind. At least, the drugs I'm talking about in this case do. The psilocin in magic mushrooms causes your neurons to fire in a different way from baseline. There's nothing really foreign about the mushroom high.. I mean, obviously there isn't anything in our brains that could produce the same trip without the mushroom, but if (IF) our brains were calibrated differently, then we could be tripping on mushrooms all the time, or most of the time, or every now and then, or whatever, except we wouldn't take any drugs.

So, that's the potential of our brains, but natural selection has made sure that there aren't (m)any people walking around percieving reality like that. Y'see, if it takes you six hours to make it down to the river to get a drink because there's so much meaning everywhere and you can barely get enough oxygen between laugh attacks to survive, you won't last long. You won't reproduce and your genetic codes that produce a state of permanent mushroom stoned-ness will not be passed on blah blah pretty simple you understand.

Now hold these past points in your mind as we find ourselves opening our parcels from the ethnobotanical supply store and immediately boiling the contents into a big pot for 6 hours. We create an ayahuasca analogue with syrian rue and mimosa hostilis and after we drink it down later that night, geometric forms appear and quickly morph into increasingly complex insectoid patterns which ultimately break apart into a space filled with entities. Elves, fairies, gnomes, tykes, aliens, everything. Ok, so aliens exist. Actually, no they don't, they're just hallucinations! Or at least, that's what "they" would have us believe.

Cause y'see, DMT is a molecule our very own brains produce. In Rick Strassman's book DMT: The Spirit Molecule, some participators in the study had full-on encounters with aliens, getting probed and everything. DMT has the potential to produce a mindstate where we percieve all kinds of crazy shit including and most relevantly (judging by people's interest here) aliens. So, when I trip out and see aliens on an ayahuasca trip, or I'm lying in my bed and a flood of DMT is released and I experience an alien abduction, are my experiences a valid navigation through reality?

I don't think you can brush off a DMT experience as invalid. Some would call it a hallucination, but if DMT produces hallucinations, then why doesn't serotonin, or any other endogenous neurotransmitter? Why isn't EVERYTHING classified as a "hallucination."

I guess it all has to do with the hidden potentials I was talking about and natural selection. Our physical survival is the filter on reality. Any reality we percieve that doesn't promote our survival and reproduction is a worthless reality. It doesn't matter that there are infinite ways to understand the universe and navigate it, they are all invalid. Now let's never bring this up again. Aliens and their companians DO NOT exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1757443 - 07/28/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dogomush said:
Our physical survival is the filter on reality. Any reality we percieve that doesn't promote our survival and reproduction is a worthless reality. It doesn't matter that there are infinite ways to understand the universe and navigate it, they are all invalid. Now let's never bring this up again. Aliens and their companians DO NOT exist.

Ex-ACTLY. I agree with basically everything you said, and this is the grand-slam of them all. We wouldn't have to "survive" if there wasn't an "us" to survive. It seperates us from the universe that we are in. It is possible to experience it all once again, though, through the pathway to higher consciousness. It takes a lot of training to get there, though, at least a few years. Most people never reach "Cosmic Consciousness", where you merge with everything around you. Some of the gurus can live in this consciousness forever, usually the ones on the mountains.
I'm basically still trying to get out of the first three (security, sensation, and power), but then, I haven't really been working on it that much, either. Check out "Handbook to Higher Consciousness" by Alan Keyes. GREAT book.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1757600 - 07/28/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, that was very well written and I agree with alot of it. Im to stupid to come up with a bunch of counterpoints and stuff, swami INC.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1757859 - 07/28/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I declare my post swami proof.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1757880 - 07/28/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

> Any reality we percieve that doesn't promote our survival and
> reproduction is a worthless reality.

Are you being sarcastic?

Dont be afraid of Swami! Tell us what you really think :kiss:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: pattern]
    #1757888 - 07/28/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes I'm being sarcastic.

and I truly do think my post is Swami proof, which just means swami's smart enough to know when a post's invincible.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1757895 - 07/28/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It WAS a pretty damn good post, man.
Recently do some DMT, then, I take it? No fair, you had help! (I haven't even tripped on mushrooms for months and months....)
Aww, but that will change! I'm going to Europe! haha
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1757901 - 07/28/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think you can brush off a DMT experience as invalid. Some would call it a hallucination, but if DMT produces hallucinations, then why doesn't serotonin, or any other endogenous neurotransmitter? Why isn't EVERYTHING classified as a "hallucination."

It's possible Swami might not like this paragraph, so you tried to cover your butt with the sarcastic finale.  :rolleyes:

You can touch the things you see "on serotonin", but the hallucinations on DMT etc aren't tangible in the same sense.  There is a solid meaning to the term hallucination. 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1757904 - 07/28/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I forgot to say: Awesome post!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1757906 - 07/28/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well, I haven't done DMT recently, but now that you mention it.... maybe I will have done it recently in 5 minutes...

nah.. I just like knowing that I COULD in 5 minutes if I wanted to. It's a pretty fucked up feeling. I like trying to convince people to smoke the last of my DMT on a whim. Nobody takes me up on the offer, I don't think they know how fucked up it is to try and pressure someone into it. It's fun. The fucking elf spice will fucking fuck you right the fuck up holy fuck.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1757910 - 07/28/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll take you up on that offer! hehe

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1757918 - 07/28/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

pattern said:
You can touch the things you see "on serotonin", but the hallucinations on DMT etc aren't tangible in the same sense. There is a solid meaning to the term hallucination.

Ahh... but does serotonin effect what you see and don't see? Basically, all of what we experience is the result of some chemical running its course in our head, I think, whether or not whatever exists externally... Or, rather, certain chemicals are responsible for picking up, or at least, showing us certain things around us... just that certain chemicals aren't always used to show us the other stuff...
Um, this was just a thought at the time. I do NOT stand by this, I am in need of sleep and am being riddled by monumental change. Not...responsible......for what..I ....s-s-....say... hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1757951 - 07/28/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ahh... but does serotonin effect what you see and don't see? Basically, all of what we experience is the result of some chemical running its course in our head, I think, whether or not whatever exists externally...

I mean "on serotonin" as being "sober". Depends on your point of view I guess. Do you believe in an objective reality? I do.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1757961 - 07/28/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You can touch the things you see "on serotonin", but the hallucinations on DMT etc aren't tangible in the same sense.

Yeah, one of my points is that none of that shit matters, or something. The only reason you can come up with a distinction between tangible and intangible is because out of a need to feed yourself, you have to distinguish between things that are real and things that aren't. If you didn't have to move about and grasp crude implements you could sit around and bask in intangible things like "energy" and playgrounds for aliens. Say, if you were a tree. That's probably what it's like to be a tree ... really trippy. If it wasn't, well, would there be trees? Probably.

I think purpose is a product of the monkey mind. There is no purpose in anything. Of course, if there wasn't purpose, then why would we bother being alive? There's no purpose after all... To fortify ourselves against the meaninglessness of everything we come up with belief structures, religion, a quest for the holy grail, all that shit. And I guess a hallucination would be a purposeless experience. Because it doesn't promote gathering food we label it as a "hallucination." Of course, we decide whether or not an experience has a purpose or not, so... whatevs

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1757965 - 07/28/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes, if anybody who knows anything about brains comes across this post, we are using the word "serotonin" to represent a close to baseline state.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1758536 - 07/29/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Great! This all connects to my old post "All is chaos"...

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1758544 - 07/29/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow man..awesome post. I agree with everything.. except one thing.. I think there is purpose, at least for me.. that is to experience and learn and evolve.

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1758618 - 07/29/03 02:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In chaos there is purpose and there is none at the same moment.
So there is (no) purpose.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1758620 - 07/29/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

One thing to remember is that the human mind doesn't create the reality that is the cause of our experiences, other than through physical actions. What the human mind does is to create an image of that reality. It does that so well that sometimes we forget that they are different things.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: I, me alone, have solved all your problems.. behold! [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1758812 - 07/29/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hate do this but:

The reality you see while under the influence of shrooms or DMT is a chemical alteration of how you are recieving the physical and spiritual connection.

The physical dimension is not changing but the way you recieve it is.

Shrooms can make straight lines appear wavy. DMT can induce the feeling of contact with another entity. But these are only real within your mind, somebody on a different DMT experience will not see what you see and nor will people without these chemicals in their mind.

Perception of the world is individual but the physical realm is there very real and cannot be actually altered by your thought process alone.

You seem to be saying nothing is real just a perception. I say the physical world is real and seeing stuff on drugs will never change that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies