Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How hard is Spanish 1???
    #17474735 -

My son is pretty much half Mexican :strokebeard: His mom tells me spanish is probably gonna be his first language. :pokerawe:


In retaliation Ive decided to learn spanish....and it starts with spanish 1 at my college


How hard is it?


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (12/31/12 12:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474737 -

I haven't taken Spanish at college, but I've heard it's a little harder than Spanish at high school.

It won't be too bad, if you legit study.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474740 -

in comparison to other languages? one of the easier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474745 -

It's actually pretty easy.  I took an intro to languages course and that taught me some spanish, french, german, and russian.

Everyone I know told me spanish was one of the easiest languages to learn.


--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

Edited by Boutang (12/31/12 12:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Boutang]
    #17474748 -

Boutang said:
It's actually pretty easy.  I took an intro to languages course and that taught me some spanish, french, german, and russian.

Everyone I know told me spanish was one of the easiest languages to learn.



Was it? How much spanish do you think I could learn by taking a semester or two worth of spanish?

Enough to realize if someone is talking shit to me in the same room?


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474751 -

and talk shit back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: HundredYards]
    #17474755 -

HundredYards said:
and talk shit back



:rofl2:


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474784 -

if your son lives in an english-speaking country then IMO that's pretty fucked up having spanish be his first language.  he's going to be at a disadvantage for his whole life unless he moves.  for literature, for travelling, for school, using public resources, navigating the legal system, connecting with peers, working a job, etc etc etc.

He should be able to speak english as well or better than spanish

flame away....


edit: if you've taken any latin-based languages then learning a second will be easy.

I'm fluent in french (6 years and spent time there) so picking up basic spanish wasn't that hard.  didn't even require classes just living in a town with lots of mexicans :shrug:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Edited by NWlight (12/31/12 01:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #17474791 -

Yeah you won't be able to know that much in a semester unless you know someone that is fluent in spanish.  Also it depends on the area because of the different slang and different types of spanish that are very similar.


--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: Boutang]
    #17474805 -

Spanish is a bit tricky . But its not impossible to learn Ive tried learning french and after soo many words I stopped caring .


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: candyflip420]
    #17474951 -

if you are smart and stay focused it's not too bad.
I personally, passed spanish 1,2, and 3 in highschool thanks to amphetamines.


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #17475018 -

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
I haven't taken Spanish at college, but I've heard it's a little harder than Spanish at high school.

It won't be too bad, if you legit study.



my experience was the exact opposite, i took 3yrs in high school and then after a 2yr break still managed to test out of a year of college spanish and the intermediate spanish string i took was easy breasy...  really your first quarter or semester shouldn't be that bad, largely verb conjugations follow a very easy format (way more so than english and way less irregulars)


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #17475074 -

1 2 3
abc
hi how are you
are go do verbs
and vocab

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: kal3munchi3s]
    #17475091 -

speak english to him.  My wife spoke japanese to my daughter, I spoke english.  She understands japanese like an interperter but cant speak as word of it.  then she took japanese in college, said it was ridiculously easy to learn because she already had listened to it all her life.


--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How hard is Spanish 1??? [Re: starfire_xes]
    #17475143 -

starfire_xes said:
speak english to him.  My wife spoke japanese to my daughter, I spoke english.  She understands japanese like an interperter but cant speak as word of it.  then she took japanese in college, said it was ridiculously easy to learn because she already had listened to it all her life.



Dont get me wrong.....his mom and moms side of the family speak english. They just train their kids spanish first.....mine as well apparently


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* english is an extremely peculiar and shit language
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
blkjkrabbit 8,758 128 12/13/11 06:45 PM
by akira_akuma
* Town Hall Crowd Jeers Pastor Who Asks Question in Spanish
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Ferris 5,015 93 09/12/09 05:44 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Oregon firefighters fired for not speaking spanish.
( 1 2 3 all )
psilyguy 5,547 42 03/13/09 02:10 AM
by blewmeanie
* lol spanish swears 2012shaman 1,354 1 11/23/07 07:05 PM
by Nibin
* Do you get pissed off at people who can't speak English?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 9,298 53 12/31/05 11:35 AM
by Konnrade
* Best way to learn spanish in 2 months? PDU 1,021 13 12/27/07 10:04 PM
by Robo
* thesporehaven.com anyone read spanish? BrainFarmer 1,028 4 08/03/03 07:58 PM
by buckwheat
* charitable spanish translater please! Drewwyann 647 1 05/22/07 05:42 PM
by maggotz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,184 topic views. 4 members, 22 guests and 181 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.