Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Will this plastic box do?
    #17275067 -

Hey guys I am looking into getting a Plastic Storage Box due to the fact that I no longer own the aquarium I was suppose to us. Will this plastic storage box do? [ http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/420202/Office-Depot-Brand-Plastic-Storage-Box/?Channel=Google&mr:trackingCode=0D460D1B-EC81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=22395426956&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=20224360076&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-Googlepla-_-Office_Supplies+Filing_Storage-_-420202 ]

I am going to put perlite on the bottom and seal it off with the normal top that comes with it [Do you suggest I do that, or seal it off with plastic saran wrap]? And off course fan it out 3 times every 2 days...

Edited by thenunofthesun (11/24/12 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275094 -

thenunofthesun said:
Will this plastic box do?



yes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: Gotlib]
    #17275136 -

Thanks. Also do you suggest that I put the lid that comes with it on or  put saran wrap in replace of the lid? [And of course fan out every few times a day].

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275159 -

It depends on the humidity in the room. You can use the lid, use the lid ajar, saran wrap, or no lid.

Or better yet make a shot gun fruiting chamber.


--------------------
I'll tell your ass when it is a mother fucking trap!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275271 -

thenunofthesun said:
Hey guys I am looking into getting a Plastic Storage Box due to the fact that I no longer own the aquarium I was suppose to us. Will this plastic storage box do? [
I am going to put perlite on the bottom and seal it off with the normal top that comes with it [Do you suggest I do that, or seal it off with plastic saran wrap]? And off course fan it out 3 times every 2 days...



I think your trying to build a shotgun fruiting chamber right?

Well this requires you to drill 1/4" holes 2" apart from each other in a grid pattern on ALL 6 sides and fill it with 4-5" of damp perlite in order for it to work properly.

As for the lid, there is no reason not to use it...if using the tub to make a SGFC then its gonna have holes drilled in it.

If using the tub for a monotub there is no reason to seal it, the imperfect lid allows for GE(Gas Exchange).

And if doing cakes your gonna wanna mist/fan them 4-6 times a day, always mist first then fan. Mist the cakes directly until they glisten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275300 -

It will make things easier when it comes to fanning to use the lid, and the lid is clear:thumbup: so I would use it as is.

Quote:
I am going to put perlite on the bottom and seal it off with the normal top that comes with it



Perlite is generally used in shotgun tubs. I don't know of any perlite teks that call for a sealed tub. Generally PF cakes and bulk cakes will be colonized prior to being placed above the perlite so the tub never needs to be sealed.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17275333 -

Notahacker420 said:
thenunofthesun said:
Hey guys I am looking into getting a Plastic Storage Box due to the fact that I no longer own the aquarium I was suppose to us. Will this plastic storage box do? [
I am going to put perlite on the bottom and seal it off with the normal top that comes with it [Do you suggest I do that, or seal it off with plastic saran wrap]? And off course fan it out 3 times every 2 days...



I think your trying to build a shotgun fruiting chamber right?

Well this requires you to drill 1/4" holes 2" apart from each other in a grid pattern on ALL 6 sides and fill it with 4-5" of damp perlite in order for it to work properly.

As for the lid, there is no reason not to use it...if using the tub to make a SGFC then its gonna have holes drilled in it.

If using the tub for a monotub there is no reason to seal it, the imperfect lid allows for GE(Gas Exchange).

And if doing cakes your gonna wanna mist/fan them 4-6 times a day, always mist first then fan. Mist the cakes directly until they glisten.



Ok then thank you, and when I mist them do I mist the mushroom too? or just the cake?

So I will be adding perlite on the bottom, drilling 2 holes on all sides and 3 on top [While filling them with polyester]. This should be good? As for the heat I will be leaving them at room temp. and hope the mushrooms heat them up a bit, if not ill probably buy a fish tank heater...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: Rahz]
    #17275340 -

Yea but there will be no harm in sealing it right? If I seal for half a day and then put back on it should be good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275360 -

Yea I'm sorry, I'm going to have to read into this shotgun method a little more... But I think I got the basics down... :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275363 -

Why do you want to seal the lid?


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: Rahz]
    #17275368 -

b.c doesn't that keep in humidity and water?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275395 -

Fuck. I'm pretty confused now.... What type of fruiting chamber do you suggest I use if I am doing pftek cakes? [I only have a plastic storage box]...?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275405 -

Read the whole page and then watch the video....

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17275409 -

I would actually suggest buying the whole video, theres so much info newbs can use that they dont show in the small clips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17275412 -

Notahacker420 said:
Read the whole page and then watch the video....

http://www.mushroomvideos.com/Terrarium-Tek



Ok thank you, that should clear some things up! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: thenunofthesun]
    #17275417 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: PussyFart]
    #17275462 -

Looks like a good bin to me man :smile: cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: xXWAFFLESXx]
    #17275486 -

The tub is fine.

Follow the SGFC tek to a T and you'll have no issues. Just make sure you follow it to a T though, and not pull a "oh, i'll just use a 1/2 inch bit instead", or a "well vermiculite seems like the same thing to me!" type of thing. Follow it to the exact T and everything will work like a charm. Save the modifying teks to your ideas until you got a few successful grows under your belt. I know it can be hard, because alot of ideas seem like they would work great, but believe me, teks are teks for a reason. Lots of trial and error over years and years of experimentation among many people led to those teks being the way that they are, because they WORK.

Good luck, and enjoy the hobby!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: c0ri]
    #17275858 -

exactly what he said ^^ :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Will this plastic box do? [Re: xXWAFFLESXx]
    #17276253 -

Let's grow mushroom videos are a great investment in my opinion.


--------------------
If there's anything worth doing, it's worth doing right...  -  Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Glove box Nazrula 665 3 06/10/04 03:13 PM
by MeNtALDeMoNZ
* Need help with a box. superseth 535 3 10/28/04 10:46 AM
by Silven
* The all-new Boffdrybox prototype! - New drying box tek? Boffsun 2,630 15 03/11/05 01:57 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Glove Box Question The_Mushroom_God 4,460 6 04/30/02 10:51 PM
by bluepoo
* FREE Glove Box
( 1 2 all )
On_the_Down-Low 6,402 33 11/14/02 07:07 AM
by TDogg
* Re: glove box assembly Eddie Walker 4,158 13 03/16/01 11:21 AM
by JustAnotherTraveler
* A good source for most of your supplies is.... cricket 1,211 13 09/02/03 07:56 PM
by TheSlapnCapn
* Dude needs a cheap tool to cut plastic.. madsickpenguin 1,662 15 12/18/04 12:45 PM
by Katrina

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,298 topic views. 18 members, 85 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.