Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGDorn
Stranger
Growing and dreams...
    #1712098 - 07/13/03 07:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've noticed that, over my roughly year and a half of growing, I've had dreams which relate to growing.

What's more, I have dreams which seem to be telling me how happy the mushroom mycelium are. I'll have a dream in which I see hundreds of mushrooms in a field, and a week later, I'll have a huge flush. I'll have a dream in which I see mushrooms turning black and dying, and the mycelium contaminates or just gets tired and doesn't produce a flush.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of phenomenon? I'm not necessarily attributing it to something supernatural; humans have been eating these mushrooms for thousands of years, so it's entirely possible that we've developed instincts telling us when/where mushroom crops are coming up, and how healthy they are...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Growing and dreams... [Re: GDorn]
    #1712281 - 07/13/03 08:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are some theories relating dreams with future situations or glitches on the matrix :oogle: but that's very relative. I believe that if you dream about mushrooms, then they have some objective influence in your life.
I wish i could do something similar, think about the lottery :wink: .

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1712859 - 07/14/03 12:07 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well actually... thats strange. Ive had some strange dreams regarding things that change my life... not really my mushroom cultures lol.

its really weird though to, i had dreams about a person i least expected!

one night i was dreaming... and so i was in my neiborhood, outside. all of a sudden these metallic monsters(remember the langoliers :wink: ). they were chasing me. and i had no fucking clue what to do... so i closed my doors... and i called Mr. Mushrooms! and i asked him what to do. in my dreams these things were called the nothings....

i will explain the nothings in my life
The Nothings are the feelings i get.... the massive gaping holes in my soul. Where i feel like someone carved out a void... to stick all the bad things in the world. a place for them to escape.... they make me feel...like nothing. And ive had problems with these nothings for a long time now.

and so i called him up... and im like "what the fuck do i do, they are after me"... and so Mr. Mushrooms tells me. He says. "you cant be afraid of them... you have to stand up to them and YELL.." then i had these pictures in my head of throwing full unopened beer cans at them while yelling. and then the phone call ended. but i imagined him wearing his gandalf cloak... and smoking a pipe. and so i run out of the house and those mother fuckers are waiting for me. and i SCREAM. and they shrill and freeze and i hit that mother fucker! and the thing started to ooze this nasty brown liquid... since then ive learned how to stand up... when im feelin down.

it makes you wonder about people... and dreams... and life, and wondering if that care that people give does get around to you.

i wanted to tell him.. thanks. If you see this Mr. Mushrooms... I thank you... very much :smile: !

--------------------
What?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Growing and dreams... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1713044 - 07/14/03 01:09 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Heheh

come to think of it I've had a dream where I've consulted a Shroomery member for advice about something important, but I can't remember who or for what reason...

the shroomery eminates much energy...

Anonymous

Re: Growing and dreams... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1713621 - 07/14/03 09:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't looked at this forum since I resigned my modship but this thread was  pointed out to me by a regular.  I am very glad this worked out for you and that I was able to contribute something positive to your life.

You are a good soul, Zero7a1.  :heart:

Cheers,

MM

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1714216 - 07/14/03 02:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

whatever is forced to hide in the back of your mind and not get much external attention elsewhere seems to be accented in dreams

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Growing and dreams... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1714246 - 07/14/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Dreams affect the make-up of the thoughts we think during our waking lives, and our waking lives affect the make-up of the thoughts we think in our dreams. Who really knows where the circle starts, and where it ends? Peace.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Growing and dreams... [Re: chunder]
    #1714341 - 07/14/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I would guess it "starts" from the "dreamstate," where it seems all minds start.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology