Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1575673 - 05/25/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

memorable doesnt seem like something i can say anymore. its not like i dont remember them anymore. its like theyve shifted so much. its like i get SO many images and different aspects and views... its like the dreams are evolving. and me along with it. the symbols are much more pervasive to my normal reality. very strange.... very strange.

its cool when i have dreams about here on the shroomery. its almost so real i think im talking to you guys and i get all this cool information. but there so much i forget it. o well. i know where its at.

--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1575887 - 05/25/03 04:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think my most intense "dream" was when I was maybe 12 or so. I would have this reoccuring nightmare about this pitch black silhouetted figure with a fredy krueger type hat, and a trechcoat on, at the end of an alleyway, constantly walking towards me, but never moving closer. For a while I couldn't even close my eyes without seeing him. I called him the Taunter.

Also several times I've had dreams that bleed into reality. I remember in particular when I was younger, my dad had woken me up to go to school and I had been dreaming something or other, and when I opened my eyes there was a corpse, knotted up in ropes, hanging from the ceiling above me, dripping blood on my face. I jumped about five feet in the air and it dissapeared. And yes, I was awake when I saw it.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Edited by LostMetropolis (05/25/03 04:08 AM)

Offlinemycophat
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1576099 - 05/25/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Two questions....

1) Does anyone here dream of doing anything that is absolutely impossible? If so please explain.

2)LostMetropolis> When you were having the reoccuring nightmare at 12 about the figure in black did the world go red?
I ask because for the longest time I had reoccuring nightmares that started like a normal dream. But then out of nowhere BUZZZZZ the whole world would go bright red and all that was left was the pitch black figure of a man (I believe wearing trenchcoat and fedora) and everything vibrated and I could not move or scream or anything.
And he just kept walking slowly towards me but he never seemed to get any closer. Then I would wake up and the loud buzzing sound and vibration would still be there,and I STILL could not move or scream for like 10 mins after I woke up. Started when I was about 7 or 8 and ended when I was about 12 or 13. I used to get them about once every other month or so,with the longest strech in between being about 4 months. Then all of a sudden they just stopped.

OfflineYou_are_God
^So are We^
Loc: The Dream Game...
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: mycophat]
    #1576332 - 05/25/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Just like everything else your dreams are connected to well, everything...Dreams are tools of learning and should be interpreted in a symbolic fashion. Sometimes it is obvious what they are trying to show you and other times it is not so obvioius and you have to use your brain a little bit but they are for a purpose...sleeping is not just for resting. If all you had to do was rest you could just sit in front of the television and not move for awhile. Dreams are much more influential and important than most believe and if your path is self improvement then here is just another tool to help in your self evolution.
Peace

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1576357 - 05/25/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

do you guys ever have dreams about the boards on the shroomery?

I had one once in kind of a half awake/half dream state after browsing the shroomery for hours (with the aid of tramadol). When I would lie down and close my eyes, I would be reading threads about every subject imaginable. All of the posts were generic and reflected the poster's personality. It was quite annoying, it took me forever to fall asleep, only after also visualizing being in an IRC chat several times.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Organic]
    #1576392 - 05/25/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Haha that reminds me of another weird phenomenon. When you're doing the same thing over and over for hours it tends to get stuck in your head afterwords. I can remember as a kid playing tetris for about 4 hours straight, and then while laying in bed I was still playing the game in my head but it was entirely fabricated in my mind.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: ]
    #1576462 - 05/25/03 02:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, videogames do that.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: mycophat]
    #1576469 - 05/25/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't really rememeber the details of it. I don't think the world went red. I don't know how old I was when I had it so I guessed 12. All I remember is the figure at the end of a dark alleyway always walking towards me but never moving closer. Mine didn't last too long, maybe a couple nights in a row, and it never started out as a normal dream. I would close my eyes and he would be there, whether I was asleep or not.

There was definitely more to it than just the image. There was the buzzing which was kind of like pure evil in the form of a sound that I could both hear and feel. It's hard to describe exactly. I couldn't move in the dream as well. The dread was paralyzing. No red though from what I remember, but I could be wrong.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: ]
    #1576561 - 05/25/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah man hypnogogic phenomenon is an awesome toy :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Weird dream experiences *DELETED* [Re: Strumpling]
    #1576603 - 05/25/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: poke smot!]
    #1576690 - 05/25/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I had a crazy dream last night that involved the "joker" (of batman fame) being put into a iron maiden....but instead of spikes inside the iron maiden, it was filled with hypodermic needles.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: poke smot!]
    #1576725 - 05/25/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What really is possible though, as the one guy put in up top?

Sure id have dreams of jumping 300 ft in air, breaking through heavy glass, flying and such. Dreams of creating lazer beams from my hands, all sorts of magic. I guess due to thinking in a realm of unlimited possiblitys, my dreams reflect that, i love it!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Strumpling]
    #1576738 - 05/25/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

... of course sometimes I break into full lucidity, and its like I'm fuckin "GOD!" its amazing! heh a few of these times, I've realized I was dreaming and then the dream characters just kind of stopped what they were doing and stood around acting all confused, like "ok dude.. uhh you're in charge of the show here.. what's the plan?"

lol dreams are so fuckin cool :smile: EVERYBODY should try to study their own dreams. 

LOL!!!
same here, once in awhile, i'll become fully lucid in the middle of a storyline, and i'ts like we've reversed roles, i'm the character and they're the dreamer! i once tried to ask a dream character who they were, but they just acted real confused and started shaking thier head. I actually laughed at them it was so funny! It made me think that they were just other people who were dreaming in thier worlds and they just couldn't deal with an alert mind. ha! i've got to explain to one of them who i am and my email address, you know, just to see...

I love dreaming, i always remember my dreams and dream everytime i sleep, although lately, my dreams are getting real weird...but still, if i had to label myself with one word, it would definately be "dreamer"...

...i love to fly...

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: trippinlizard]
    #1577333 - 05/25/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've had some dreams that bleed into reality. Not anymore, but I have had them and they were back when I was younger. I used to have some pretty trippy dreams and I would daydream a lot. I would lose track of time, kinda like medatating or something, but using my imagination. It's hard to explain, but they were strange 'dreams' or whatever.

I think I developed my spatial senses early. I remember building this structure out of blocks or something and I tried to imagine what the opposite side looks like without looking at it. I remember (?) seeing it as if I was out of my body after concentrating.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1577431 - 05/25/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I'm with you guys on this one.
When I wake up, I'm stuck with a sort of feeling, just something that feels like the dream that I had. The feeling might come back to me at some time during the day, but almost always, when I'm about to go to bed, the feeling comes back.
My dreams are full-blown epic extravaganzas. What strikes me is that in a lot of my dreams, I am sort of conscious of the fact that I am dreaming.
Like the dream I had last night. Or maybe it was the night before. But anyways, somewhere at the end of the dream, I was this completely different person walking around some town, and I remember thinking in the dream "Wait a minute, this doesn't make sense. This isn't me." I then was going to "change the dream" but I was all like "Wait a minute. What the hell, this might be fun"
Sometimes, like today (I took a nap after work before coming back into town, if I'm really close to falling asleep, but still slowly capable of having thoughts, I can line things up for a dream to start, and then I'll fall asleep.
One of my most psychotic dreams, about a month or two ago, breaks all the barriers. I just remember almost every possible thing going wrong, then I realized it was just a dream, but I couldn't escape, and then I rolled off of my bed, woke up, and was quite relieved. then the aliens landed and started coming towards the house.
Then I really woke up. It was like I really had to fight to wake up. That kind of stuff scares the shit out of me.
But I usually don't have those kind of dreams.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1577543 - 05/26/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I realized it was just a dream, but I couldn't escape, and then I rolled off of my bed, woke up, and was quite relieved. then the aliens landed and started coming towards the house.

Maybe you avoided getting abducted?  :tongue:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Murex]
    #1577766 - 05/26/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That's what I am so fucking afraid of. I mean, the whole aliens showing up in the dream and everything, and just the nature of me being unable to wake up and thrashing around and everything, and finally waking up with one of those disconnected feelings. Why would I be having a fucked up dream like that, then suddenly the image of aliens landing and coming in and me finally waking up? I remember trying to actually fucking scream, but nothing could come out. I'm baked right now, and I'm not particuarily liking thinking about this, but you know that sort of feeling of such forthcoming terror, that you know there are people upstairs and you go to fucking scream, and nothing can come out but a sort of low, unaudible moan? Scary shit!

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1577774 - 05/26/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my brain can always find the right buttons to push to get me very "stimulated" in any way imaginable

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (05/26/03 03:12 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Weird dream experiences [Re: Strumpling]
    #1577788 - 05/26/03 03:27 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Aliens are so scary, too. I mean, they come to our planet by spaceship. That, right there, should be enough to freak everyone out. I mean, they are obviously super-advanced. They are obviously concocting evil, perverted schemes. They're fucking aliens! They don't get a reputation for using probes for nothing!

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1577792 - 05/26/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't really believe in any type of alien presence here in our percieved physical three dimensions, but have been convinced they were real very quickly in dreams - dreams can temporarily make me a believer in ANYTHING my mind comes up with - its like BAM "ok there are fucking ALIENS in front of me they're real and they're right here in front of me - this confirms it" heh but as soon as I start to wake up I can't help but laugh sometimes at how easy it is for my brain to fool me into believing such abstract situations (I'm sure you've all been in very real-seeming abstract/absurd situations in dreams..).

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (05/26/03 03:33 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder