Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Tapestry

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

I saw The Dead and Willie Nelson Last night.
    #1680464 - 07/02/03 03:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Here's how my day went:

I got home from work and chiefed two bowls of dank waiting for my friend to pick me up to goto summerfest to see the dead.. the thing was that he wasn't taking us, it was his mom.. who happens to be my boss. So it was kinda hard to keep cool while my friend is singing greatful dead songs into his mom ear and being totally obnoxius.

So anyways we get there and walk around and stuff and meet up with some hippie chicks from chicago, a couple minutes later some guy whispers "mushrooms" into our ears.. He keeps walking and my friend tells him to wait. He tells us he has mushrooms,chocalte shrooms,LSD,anything we want. Then he's like come over here and keeps walking and is like "everybody follow me" like really rushing so i'm like wait wait and start asking him questions and he tries brushing it off then I notice he looks like such a fucking tweaker and im just like fuck this dont buy from this guy really loud... we then just kept walking on.

We walk around some more and I buy this huge ass bob marley tapestry from this guy with this cool hat with a marijuana leaf on it... He gave me a deal then gave us some advice on howto smoke at concerts.

So there went all my money.. while walking to and into the marcus ampitheater I get "shrooms" whispered alot into my ear, and nuggets once.. One guy had a sheet on his shoulder and whispered "shrooms and SHEETS".. but I had no money.

So we get in there and I sit on the left side of the grass seats and make friends with most of the people around us. It was amazing, I felt like I had known these people all my life.

So then the music began, it was willie nelson and honestly he wasn't that great. The Dead came on next and somewhere inbetween or during we smoked a bowl or two and drank a couple beers... I look around to see almost every single 'group' smoking a bowl. There were people who looked like my dad and others like this one guy who during the intermission comes and sits next to me, he looks like an old drop out version of santana and is about 50. I'm staring at him trying to figure out what hes doing then he stares back for about 5 minutes then out of no where pulls out a hand and has something in it. I look at his hand (I'm really stoned) then he looks me right in the eyes and says "mushrooms man" and does this weird thing with his toungue and eats them. After that he just gets up and leaves. I can't explain how surreal that was.

I saw some of the strangest people and some of people I would have never thought to toke.. Overall it was awsome dancing all night and just feeling the love in the air (smelling the bud in the air too).

The Dead didn't play as many key songs as I wanted but they were still awsome.. They played like 6 songs but some were like 25 minute guitar solos... I'm guessing this was a fraction of how good they used to be, and I can totally understand why people followed them around the country and how they helped start a whole culture.

When the show was over and security started kicking everyone out someone outside the theater started playing this awsome beat on a trashcan.. then someone joined in and before we knew it there was a huge crowd dancing around (including myself), after that went on for a bit security tore the people off and made them go so when people were leaving the festival everyone would play a little beat on the trashcans before they walked out, so then security took away the trashcans. One guy started like 5 minutes later even when security was right by him telling him to stop he kept going. (it was on the one trashcan they left alone)

By the way, where can I find like information on how many people got arrested at that show?

Edited by Crass (07/02/03 04:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBplus
Mista Keith
Loc: hudson valley--NY
Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: Crass]
    #1680598 - 07/02/03 04:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey crass, i don't know how old you are, but i didn't get the feeling from your post that you're used to those kinds of concerts---thats how it always has been and will be. try going to a phish show--you get all that minus older people but more energy--anyway, my point being that those gatherings are always wonderful, pretty laid back, and stock full of people from different age spectrums---so if you liked it then you should go to shows like that more often and expect the same--------++++++++++

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: Bplus]
    #1680629 - 07/02/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yup......and i would guess that there were few if any busts.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: Bplus]
    #1681075 - 07/02/03 07:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'd never been to a concert like that, but like some others said in this forum, i'm sold.

Edited by Crass (07/03/03 01:18 AM)

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: Ripple]
    #1681219 - 07/02/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I witnessed one bust in the lot done by undercover cops..

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #1681276 - 07/02/03 09:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The lot... at summerfest?

Like the area right before you go in the marcus ?

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: Crass]
    #1681289 - 07/02/03 09:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, right underneath the bridge or highway or whatever near the entrance to Marcus Ampitheater.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: The Dead and willie nelson Last night. [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #1681389 - 07/02/03 10:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was sitting on one of those concrete blocks under the highway, just me and my kesey self portrait shirt. I did not witness the bust. Im kind of wondering if a few thought I was undercover, I noticed many hide their wearables and other things when they went by me and never offered, hell I would of bought something..

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Edited by Drummer (07/02/03 10:02 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Tapestry

Community >> The Pub