Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Just some pictures
    #1674633 - 06/30/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I took a walk around my property the other day and found all sorts of neat fungi. Unfortunately my battery died in the camera and I didn't get half of what I wanted too, like the 3-4 different Chanterlles, this neat looking slime fungi, and some yellow unicorn entolomas with huge half inch umbos, and lots of other intersting mushrooms. But I did manage to snap off a few decent photos. The last pic is a bonus, my female water dragon ate her first mouse today!

A nice cluster of some Cinnabar-red chanterelles (Cantharellus cinnabarinus) These things are every where on my property in old mossy creek beds.

Yellow unicorn Entoloma (Entoloma murraii) These were the first two I found and took pics of, then my camera died. I later found a patch of these with half inch tall umbos, they were really cool looking mushrooms.

This is what I believe to be white coral(Ramariopsis kunzei), I'm not very good with corals yet. I once found the crowned coral, but it was the spicy peppery taste that led me to that ID. I'm not sure how these coral mushrooms mature so its hard to say if its "this species or that species" when I don't know what stage of growths its in and how its apperance changes as it matures. 

Crunch...crunch... :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Just some pictures [Re: Lizard King]
    #1674793 - 06/30/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! Amazing pictures LK.
What kind of lizard is that?
I assume you have more lizards too.. Being the King and all. :smile:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1674798 - 06/30/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, really nice pictures, you look like you have a really cool property.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinealantis
Loc: Pearland Texas
Re: Just some pictures [Re: Skikid16]
    #1674808 - 06/30/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Take a picture of your lizard eating a mushroom!

--------------------
Sippin on lean and puffin on the light green

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Just some pictures [Re: Effed]
    #1674856 - 06/30/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I own a pair(a male and a female) of chinese water dragons(pictured eating the mouse). I also have a panther chameleon, 2 river cooter turtles, and one yellow bellied slider turtle.

About my property, it is 1600 acres of pristine wilderness! It is in the vicinity of Stone montain. There is a huge underground piece of granite that runs from stone mountain GA, back into middle alabama. Along this region of granite the wildlife and land in general is very different and unique. I think it is actually considerd a region of its own in GA. The forests are weird in this region, there are several open granite faces exposed sporadically throughout the woods where it opens up and the granite face can be anywhere from 3 football fields big to only a few yards in lenghth. These rock faces, and the small groves of trees that grow on them, support nice patches of blueberries and clusetrs of optunia humifusa(something like that) pad cactus. The granite is covered in moss, lichen, and fungi, which makes for a colorful beautiful open rock face. There is also some history in the area due to the granite in the area and the old quarries. So far I have found 3 old standing chimneys on my property, I have found some neat shiot around these chimneys with my metal detector. The best find so far was a civil war cannon ball! We had it looked over by a civil war museum and they identified it positively as a civil war cannon call, pretty neat.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (06/30/03 08:59 PM)

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1675008 - 06/30/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

supa sweet, lk!!! :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

Anonymous

Re: Just some pictures [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1675015 - 06/30/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Those are truly beautiful specimens!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1675034 - 06/30/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice quality pictures!!

I really like that red chantrelle! They are beautiful.

1600 acres!?!?!? How the hell do you afford that?! :laugh: :blush:

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Just some pictures [Re: angryshroom]
    #1675190 - 06/30/03 08:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My father and I started a family buisness a few years ago and he purchased 1600 acres of land for our company. We pump sand from the rivers on this land and turn around and sell it to quikrete, the premixed cement company. We have a contract with them for 10$ a ton for our river sand, we average around 4000 ton a week, its been a sweet buisness so far. I guess its hard work and kinda blue collar(I operate a front end loader and haul sand in an off road articulating dump truck), but the pay and profit sharing in such a small family buisness is worth every drop of sweat from my body :smile: I love my job :smile:

Anyways, thats how I have 1600 acres of land to play on.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (06/30/03 09:00 PM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1675239 - 06/30/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a hell of a lot of sand!! :laugh:

Does it impact the environment at all?  :confused:

Sounds great though...!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Just some pictures [Re: angryshroom]
    #1675285 - 06/30/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You might think it impacted the enviroment negatively, but its actually wonderful for it. We are good friends with the local EPD/EPA and they love our operation. We are inspected twice a year, and this year we are up for a "clean and beautiful award" since we have cleaned up the river and the banks so well this past year. First off, when we are pumping we aren't only pumping sand, we pump anything on the bottom of the river, and after a few good sweeps we have pumped out years of river trash and pollution that had washed in due to flooding. Plus the wildlife benifits, a deeper cleaner river is a better river. When a river fills in with too much sand and sediment it runs shallow and it has a negative impact on the wildlife in the river and the overall ecosytem in the river. In just the two years I have worked there I have wittnessed the ducks and geese return to this stretch of the river, this fishing is better, and the turtles are evrywhere! Pumping(dredging) a river is very eco friendly!

The best part about it is on wet rainy years like this one, we don't have to move the barge at all. Every time it rains it fills in everything we have pumped. We just back up and pump it all over again :smile: The sand just keeps flowing right to us, and so does the $.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (06/30/03 09:35 PM)

Anonymous

#1675368 - 06/30/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlineerjone
el cap-e-tan!

Loc: that place right by the t...
Re: Just some pictures [Re: ]
    #1675754 - 07/01/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes.......very interesting. I work for myself and find it is the only way to go as far as the daily grind goes.

Anonymous

Re: Just some pictures [Re: erjone]
    #1676049 - 07/01/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

4000 tons a week and $10 a ton = $40,000 a week and $2,080,000 a year!

That's some good money :wink:!

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Just some pictures [Re: daba]
    #1676204 - 07/01/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

dude i wanna get stoned and wonder around your woods that would be so fun i love the outdoors

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Just some pictures [Re: daba]
    #1676474 - 07/01/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, being self employed has been great so far. But like anything in life it has its drawbacks. We don't always have a 4000 ton week, sometimes equipment breaks down and we have to wait on parts. Sometimes the river is flooding(like right now, the reason I'm not at work) and we can't pump or haul sand because the road I haul on is gravel/dirt and it gets very sloppy, and theres lots of hills :smile: Sometimes if it floods bad enough the river comes out of its banks and floods the road making hauling impossible. And when the river finally receeds the road it totally srewed! We have to run the road grader and haul rock for a day to get the thing patched up enough to haul again. I have seen this happen 4 times this year already, and with this hurricane bill pushing through and the possibility of 5" of rain, I'm fairly sure the river will come out of its banks tonight and tommarow yet another time this year.

So some weeks are good some are bad, in our worst slump we had 3 marjor expensive break downs at once and didn't get any sand hauled for 2 weeks. But thats only happend once in the two years we have run the place. We are slowly re-investing our money into the buisness for better trucks, equipment, tools and such to minimize our break down time. Like I said, an average week is around 4000 ton, buts thats only in a  perfect world, and it can't rain pussy on ya everyday (redneck slang for everyday can't be perfect) :smile:

If I wasn't so paranoid and this stupid war on drugs was over, I would invite folks from the shroomery to have a gathering on my property. Its the perfect camp ground with beautiful streams, rivers, 2 ponds, lots of forest and granite, and a wide variety of different fungi. We'd just close and lock the gates behind us and no one could fuck with us. Be as loud and wild as we wanted. Probably bring the 4 wheeler down, I got a boat on the river down there and a few canoes we could float or tube down the river. I even have 2 Ps. weilii patches on it and a few morel patches. But it'll never happen, that is unless hell freezes over and the libertarians take office next year :smile: It sure is a nice thought though.

LK,

--------------------

Edited by Lizard King (07/01/03 09:23 AM)

Anonymous

#1676480 - 07/01/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1676554 - 07/01/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice Chinese Lizard..what part of China do those come from??

-For a winter once, I lived way up in the mountains of north-western New Hampshire...Those mountains are all Granite rock.
-I was told by some townfolk there that the Granite has a special connection with Machinery. And some days there would be mass reports of people lawn mowers and cars not being able to be started. Engines and Granite have a strange connection they say way up there in the woods of NH.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Just some pictures [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1676653 - 07/01/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They are from all parts of China, Thailand, Vietnam, and a few in the Phillipines. They are also in other parts of southeastern Asia, but their range and general habitats/habits aren't well known and haven't really been studied much. Info on these Lizards in their natural habitat is almost non-exsistent and defnitely outdated. I guess they are more properly referred to as "green water dragons", but they are often sold under the name "chinese water dragon". Their latin name is Physignathus cocincinus.

--------------------

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
    #1676950 - 07/01/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lizard King said:

............There is a huge underground piece of granite that runs from stone mountain GA, back into middle alabama. Along this region of granite the wildlife and land in general is very different and unique. I think it is actually considerd a region of its own in GA. The forests are weird in this region, there are several open granite faces exposed sporadically throughout the woods where it opens up and the granite face can be anywhere from 3 football fields big to only a few yards in lenghth. These rock faces, and the small groves of trees that grow on them, support nice patches of blueberries and clusetrs of optunia humifusa(something like that) pad cactus. The granite is covered in moss, lichen, and fungi, which makes for a colorful beautiful open rock face. There is also some history in the area due to the granite in the area and the old quarries. So far I have found 3 old standing chimneys on my property, I have found some neat shiot around these chimneys with my metal detector. The best find so far was a civil war cannon ball! We had it looked over by a civil war museum and they identified it positively as a civil war cannon call, pretty neat.

LK, 

Hey LK ( after seeing that pic of Godzilla eating the mouse, I know you are truly the Lizard King..... :wink: )
As for the granite outcrops, I have the same thing here at my place in N.C. It may even be the same granite slab. I know the one here starts near the Virginia border and extends south through South Carolina and beyond. We also have an old abandonded rock quarry on our farm. The granite from it was used to build sections of the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel
that were under great stress. Apparently, this granite is denser and stronger than most granites, so it was used for crucial areas.
The flora is definetely unique. We have the optunia species, which is basically a type of dwarf prickly pear cactus. The little pears can be quite tasty if they're ripe and the growing conditions are favorable ( you just gotta watch out for the spines). We also have beargrass ( yucca) growing everywhere. There is also a very rare form of portulaca that can be found around these outcrops. These plants are only found near or on these rock formations and in a limited area in South America. There's a small shallow river that flows through my farm, and it basically has a rock bottom, so normally the water is fairly clear, which makes for some fun fishing. You don't even need a boat. You can just walk in the water.Of course you have to be careful that you don't step in a hole, and you might have to swat the occasional cottonmouth away, but it's usually fairly safe fishing.
Just think, I may be standing on the same rock that the Lizard King is standing on. It really is a small world. Now if I can just find some damn weilii's............ :grin:............
Her's a couple of pics of the granite and river at my place..........

doo

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies