Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesamueljackson
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Copes in the islands (pictures) [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4144048 - 05/06/05 08:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well I guess we'll just have to wait till Sunday to see what these are.

If nothing happens the problem is solved.

If desired outcome - wtf huh?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Copes in the islands (pictures) [Re: samueljackson]
    #4144061 - 05/06/05 08:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well i for one am curious

Invisiblewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
    #4145167 - 05/07/05 05:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I can't comment on the identity of the mushrooms, but blue they were even without adjusting the colors. Let's have the story on Sunday.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4145579 - 05/07/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That is not bluing.

Sometimes photoshop and other programs or even camera dolors will appear a bluish i tinge , buit I have observered tens of thousands of panaeolus antillarums over the years and they do not blue.

People also say they see opurpl;e stains on shrooms, but the purple is the color of the spore deposits, not staining.

Those colors you assume is bluing in your image is just off color and not really blue. I have some edibles which appeared to have blue tinges int hem but they really did not.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Copes in the islands (pictures) [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4145595 - 05/07/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Lysergic_Milkman,

Yes Cyans stain exteremely blue int he stems, at all times unless carefully handled.

And no,

Psilocybe coprophila is not an active species as you stated in your post. That is another urban legend stopread around in some guidebooks and is an error.

There is no psilocybine/psilocine in {Psilocybe coprophila and/or Psilocybe montana, nor in Panaeolina foenisecii or in panaeolus sphinctrinus.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #4145684 - 05/07/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just want to take a minute of your tiem and show hyou a regular photo with some bluing and then a 2nd image photo enhanced. The papaer is pure white.

This shows you how sometimes lighting when you take a picture can come out looking different than it should.

And a nother shot after automatic photo color adjustment. Now the whole page looks bluish.

However, in the first image, which is not touched up, the paper is pure white, but because of lighting when I took the image, the paper apparently looks bluish in places.

In the 2nd image, I whited a portion of the image to show you how whuite the paper should be.

mj

Your shrooms are difinitely Panaeolus antillarum.

mj

mj

Offlinesamueljackson
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Copes in the islands (pictures) [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4150428 - 05/08/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think that blueing example in that picture is a little extreme but I get what you're saying.

Quote:

Your shrooms are difinitely Panaeolus antillarum.

Yup, they were. :frown: 
Two ounces of them, and mabye 2 grams total of active mushrooms mixed in there divided by 4 people.  At least we didn't get stomach aches right?

It still doesn't explain our last trip, so the mystery isn't over.

Thanks from the help from everybody, I'm not sure how this forum works but this thread should be archived.  Alot of good information on copes vs. ants that shouldn't be wasted.

PS

Expect a copes in the islands part deux after the next big rain.

HAPPY PICKING :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale