Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Psilocybe inskii
    #16722102 -

Hi all, my first post here... been lurking in the background for a while though, trying to figure out what the hell these shrooms are that Ive been testing on myself.

I'm fairly certain they are the newly identified P. inskii and thought some of you lads n ladies might enjoy some nice pics I took of the ones I left behind ;-)

I work in a plant nursery in the Auckland area (New Zealand). These shrooms have a very different growth habbit from what Im used to - generally speaking, they dont seem to pop up in the same place regularly (except a few small patches) and I often only find them as single, or occassionally double mushrooms as opposed to large patches. They grow in our planter bags and seem to somehow be carried by the planting medium ie. potting mix.

As far as strength goes, I had 4 reasonable sized shrooms the other night and a grand old time! good visuals, but nothing too over the top. A few weeks ago I had approx 10 very juvenile shrooms and had a very intense and highly visual experience lasting approx 4hrs.

I understand that the spore of these shrooms are more or less sterile? and that they reproduce vegetatively? Anyone who has some reliable info  on their lifecycle would be much appreciated.

Anyway, onto the pictures these ones should still be growing :-)











These are the ones I picked and consumed






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: R33GZ]
    #16722356 -

Nice finds:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Funki Porcini]
    #16722493 -

wow talk about wicked first post!! :rockon: those are beauty !!

have you tried spore printing them yourself yet?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: R33GZ]
    #16722519 -

Nice pictures!


Don't let Inski hear you calling them Psilocybe inski, he doesn't like that name.


And don't tell him that I created that name, he currently thinks some other guy did that and I would prefer to let him continue to think that.


I hope he describes at as a new species so we have a good name for it.

One day I will get around to describing another Psilocybe species as Psilocybe inski in his honor, so I would prefer that the name stays unused for now as well.  : )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16722540 -

:thumbup: Nice one dude, Welcome to the Shroomery! :flowerchild:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: User_7]
    #16724784 -

Nice!:handth:


--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #16724836 -

:congrats:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: mandrax360]
    #16726339 -

Congrats, and great first post!  Too bad they aren't more prolific, but perhaps they would do exceptionally well in artificial conditions, if cloned and cased etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: R33GZ]
    #16729388 -

R33GZ said:





Are these ones also in a potted plant?, the substrate does not look like potting mix!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: inski]
    #16730000 -

What a beautiful fungus, and awesome first post man!


--------------------
" I never meant to give you mushrooms girl. I never meant to bring you to my world. But now you're sittin' in the corner crying, and now its my fault." 
:snoop:
" Said she was goin back into using AGAIN, I said WAIT, first try this HALLUCINOGEN!" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16730022 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Nice pictures!


Don't let Inski hear you calling them Psilocybe inski, he doesn't like that name.


And don't tell him that I created that name, he currently thinks some other guy did that and I would prefer to let him continue to think that.


I hope he describes at as a new species so we have a good name for it.

One day I will get around to describing another Psilocybe species as Psilocybe inski in his honor, so I would prefer that the name stays unused for now as well.  : )



Alan Rockefeller said:
Nice pictures!


Don't let Inski hear you calling them Psilocybe inski, he doesn't like that name.


And don't tell him that I created that name, he currently thinks some other guy did that and I would prefer to let him continue to think that.


I hope he describes at as a new species so we have a good name for it.

One day I will get around to describing another Psilocybe species as Psilocybe inski in his honor, so I would prefer that the name stays unused for now as well.  : )




Can you explain this to me? I think I'm missing some key information here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #16730664 -

Inconspicuous said:
Can you explain this to me? I think I'm missing some key information here?




Which information is missing?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16732036 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Inconspicuous said:
Can you explain this to me? I think I'm missing some key information here?




Which information is missing?



Who is he?
Why does he deserve the honour?
Why can't this be called Psilocybe Inskii?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Inconspicuous]
    #16732054 -

Inski is a user here.

He deserves the honor because he takes excellent pictures, finds cool mushrooms and does excellent work identifying them.  He was the first person to bring this species to the attention of the internet mycologists.

It isn't Psilocybe inski because that name has never been validly published in a peer reviewed journal.  If you want to write the article and get it published, you could name this mushroom that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #16732082 -

but like alan said, he's already planning on using that name in the future to honour Inski. :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psilocybe inskii [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16732135 -

That makes complete sense now.

Thanks for that!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psilocybe semilanceata (Liberty Caps) for New Hunters
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ivi 140,981 63 04/29/10 11:57 AM
by German Kahuna
* Possible psilocybe azurescens =) farmboybluez 12,142 16 09/20/17 03:08 PM
by perkysmiles
* Psilocybe Inskii
( 1 2 all )
xthrx 2,032 26 05/26/14 12:53 AM
by inski
* psilocybe coprophilia in greece....????? tsimpikao 4,406 10 11/30/18 12:38 PM
by Gargamelicious
* I can?t find any information on Psilocybe Graveolens? ShroomNoob03 6,033 2 09/07/04 06:15 AM
by Hermes_br
* English Psilocybe cyanescens - new find / pics
( 1 2 3 all )
pluteus 22,843 42 12/05/03 01:11 PM
by Silverwolf
* EXCLUSIVE: Another New Species of Psilocybe from Europe mjshroomer 3,861 5 03/14/04 12:58 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 79,315 688 12/07/04 01:11 PM
by hot48yearolds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
967 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 38 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.