Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Death and Sleep
    #1634788 - 06/15/03 11:36 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was hinting on this in another thread, and Sclorch brought it out into the light, so I think I will elaborate.

Sclorch:
Okay, this would be an interesting topic in itself.
Maybe our ego just takes on a different form.
Maybe our short-term memory is bypassed and we "forget" most of what our egos experience during sleep.

I associate these thoughts roughly with things I have read in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. There are three -basic- states of being; awake, asleep, and dreaming. You can liken these states to birth, death, and the in-between.

Awake = Birth
Asleep = Death
Dreaming = In-between...or the astral plane.

Each night we die and are reborn, metaphorically of course.
Sleep is necessary for the body to rest... rejuvenate it's forces, in a state of simple stillness. Death is the same series of events as sleep.. natural, simple, we awaken composed, rested, rejuvenated. The only difference between death and sleep is, when you awaken from sleep, you are in the same body. Upon death, there can be pure nothingness, blackness....the void... or vivid, intense imagery we call 'dreams'. This is the inbetween, where we float aimlessly...analyzing what we learned.. until awakening (incarnating) into a new physical body. Birth. Awake. Death. Asleep. Dreams.

Not going into too much detail, or even clarifying my thoughts completely. I'm leaving this open ended to provoke thought and discussion.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Death and Sleep [Re: Shroomism]
    #1634868 - 06/15/03 12:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Another good one

It would be interesting in the future that if death is like a rebirth, that if one dies with the knowledge of there is no death. Then like neo he will rise agian, seeing what it really is.

And later on die agian, only to see it agian, to be reminded?

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1634962 - 06/15/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have come to accept the idea of reincarnation more redily now a days...you say this
:
"This is the inbetween, where we float aimlessly...analyzing what we learned.. until awakening (incarnating) into a new physical body"

Do you really think that thats what happens between when you die and when you incarnate? I dont think we float aimlessly at all, although I do think we analize what we learned, and perhaps if we trancended our conciousness enough in the physical, we go on to the eternal spirit, and reside in it forever.
But if you dident make it in life, you are re incarnated, to learn what you dident learn before.... I just wonder why remembering past lives is difficult.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death and Sleep [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1634982 - 06/15/03 01:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The way I see reincarnation is like this:

You live, you experience life, you learn, you gain wisdom, you die.
On the 'other side' you analyze what you learned in that life.
If you have enough life experience, that you have mastered the lessons of physical reality, then you have a choice.. reincarnate or ascend into the 'one spirit'
Until you gain enough experience in your life lessons, you continue reincarnating until you "get it".
The time 'in-between' is spent as spirit...much like in our sleep.. where we analyze what we learned throughout the day, like a long dream. It is a state of cogitation. There is no time in this place as we know it.

Remembering past lives is difficult because each human has what can be called a memory virus, in the brain stem. It is etheric energy, roughly in the shape of a mushroom, that resides at the base of the skull along the brain stem, it prevents us from remembering past lives and akashic records until we are spiritually mature enough. There is a process for removing this memory virus, through visualization techniques combined with other 'assisted' methods. Thought I won't go into it here. If you're interested PM me.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1634996 - 06/15/03 01:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The way I see reincarnation is like this:

You live, you experience life, you learn, you gain wisdom, you die.
On the 'other side' you analyze what you learned in that life.
If you have enough life experience, that you have mastered the lessons of physical reality, then you have a choice.. reincarnate or ascend into the 'one spirit'
Until you gain enough experience in your life lessons, you continue reincarnating until you "get it".

Then you become a "bliss baby" for all of eternity - b-o-r-i-n-g!

The time 'in-between' is spent as spirit...much like in our sleep.. where we analyze what we learned throughout the day, like a long dream. It is a state of cogitation. There is no time in this place as we know it.
Yet, the time we spend there ends showing that there actually is time there. )I love New Age double-speak! It comes in second behind Bush's double-speak.)

Remembering past lives is difficult because ...
There aren't any.

each human has what can be called a memory virus, in the brain stem. It is etheric energy, roughly in the shape of a mushroom, that resides at the base of the skull along the brain stem, it prevents us from remembering past lives and akashic records until we are spiritually mature enough.
Or until we are in dire financial straights, then get the idea to write a book about our myriad past-life adventures for a fantasy-hungry audience.

There is a process for removing this memory virus, through visualization techniques combined with other 'assisted' methods. Thought I won't go into it here.
It is too secret.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Death and Sleep [Re: Swami]
    #1635004 - 06/15/03 02:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No, it's not too secret, I simply knew you would reply to it like that. I only threw out the tip of the iceberg, rather avoid being mocked for going in depth. Had I explained the process in a thread, there would no doubt be cynical, sarcastic replies. So I take the easy road.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (06/15/03 02:03 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1635013 - 06/15/03 02:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I apologize. I did not know that you had a degree in biology and neuro-chemistry. I searched in my Gray's Anatomy and found no such "brain virus".

What do you want bro? You make outrageous claims with no backing that ONLY YOU have secret knowledge of. This is classically known as a Messiah Complex.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1635018 - 06/15/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nah, you're just too predictable. I saw you coming fom 5 steps away.  :grin:

You won't find the Memory Virus in your Anatomy book. I don't claim to be the only one possessing such knowledge. 

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1635021 - 06/15/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Damn... I hate it when my words are misconstrued.

I said the following would be interesting to explore:
"Maybe our ego just takes on a different form.
Maybe our short-term memory is bypassed and we "forget" most of what our egos experience during sleep."

I don't see where I hinted at any mystical hoohah. Maybe I'm just blind to my own words, eh? Nah.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Death and Sleep [Re: Sclorch]
    #1644082 - 06/19/03 10:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Heh, I was just taking it in my own direction, using your words as a launching pad.  :smile: It's my subjective take on reincarnation, there's no debate here. 

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1644189 - 06/19/03 11:24 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Yet, the time we spend there ends showing that there actually is time there. )I love New Age double-speak! It comes in second behind Bush's double-speak.)

alright... just because time starts again doesn't mean that it had to be running during the in between time. you just look for ways to try to bring other people down. this kind of ad hominem childishness (bush....shroomism. come on man.. that's so lame) has nothing to do with the protector of logical standards that you try to paint yourself as.

Quote:

Or until we are in dire financial straights, then get the idea to write a book about our myriad past-life adventures for a fantasy-hungry audience.

ha ha ha... silly masses, needing silly 'fantasy'!! what fairies! what kind of real man needs fantasy?!? to hell with myth, hell, to hell with literature, to hell with cinema, to hell with creative expression whatsoever! everyone just go to work and plod plod plod, escape is bad because swami said so. see----->(sarcasm)

you're a lame duck.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinec_mathimatics
kaok
Re: Death and Sleep [Re: Malachi]
    #1644714 - 06/19/03 02:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I can hear you breeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaathiinggggggggg... :wink:

*POP!*

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Death and Sleep [Re: Malachi]
    #1644746 - 06/19/03 02:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

this kind of ad hominem
They were not ad hominems. Do you understand the difference between a person and an idea?

ha ha ha... silly masses, needing silly 'fantasy'!! what fairies! what kind of real man needs fantasy?!? to hell with myth, hell, to hell with literature, to hell with cinema, to hell with creative expression whatsoever! everyone just go to work and plod plod plod, escape is bad because swami said so
*Reading comprehension alert!* Never said any of that, but feel free to make up any sort of tripe.

There is a huge difference between clever fantasy and the fraud of pasing off fiction as fact. Deception is not acceptable in the Swami universe whereas creativity is welcomed with open arms.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1645554 - 06/19/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

oh, I get it. comparing something someone says to w bush, calling it "doublespeak", etc? It's certainly a logical fallacy any way you slice it. If not ad hominem (which it is... just because you don't say "shroomism is dumb like bush, this is the purpose for the comparison...) then call it poisoning the well. either way you are wrong.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology