Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
The Everything and the Nothing
    #1631452 - 06/13/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

anyone ever read this book?

by meher baba

damn this has got to me one of the best books i have ever read, well i just started it.

my friends dad thats a dr. saw that we were discussing it and he was like let me tell you something about that book. One day when i was reading that book back when i had an apartment. I was sitting there and it was like everyone word that came of the page of that book was like "OH MY GOOOODDDD!!!" "OHHHHH MYY GOOODDDDD!!!". So i was sitting there in my apartment reading this book as loud as i could by myslef going "OH MYYY GOOOODDDD!!!"

it was so funny when he said that shit i about died cause i couldent breathe i was laughing so hard.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: The Everything and the Nothing [Re: Vulture]
    #1631613 - 06/13/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the book recommendation... :smile:

i'll check it out next time i go to the library if they have it.

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

#1631617 - 06/13/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

my favorite sections so far from just flipping through ealier. (i just started reading from the start)

Quote:

God is generally spoken of as being one. We use the term One as being Opposite to the Many. One we name REALITY or GOD; Many we name as ILLUSION or CREATION.

However, strictly speaking, no number, not even one, can depict ONE who is indivisibly One without a second. Even to call this ONE 'One' is incorrect. We do not speak of the Ocean as One. It just is Ocean. The One simply is

The ONE is one complete whole and simultaneously a series of ones within the one. Illusion is a ZERO and simultaniously a series of zeros within the ZERO. These zaeros have no existence- their existence is mere apperance in Illusion, the big ZERO.

^section 50

(there is a big map type thing above where the writings start that shows how everything fits together) [i will try to find a pic or something]
Quote:

The original real Everything is infinite and eternal. Being everything, it accomodates within itself the original real Nothing. Nothing is the shadow of Everything. The substance (Everything) being infinite and eternal, its shadow must also be infinite and eternal. At times the shadow appears to be small, and at times to stretch into huge shapes. But even when it seems to have disappeared, it is still within the substance latently. Out of the Nothing contained within the Everything is projected infinite and eternal nothingness - the creation, or false everything. The original real Everything is one, infinite and eternal. The original real Nothing, being in the real Everything, is also one, infinite and eternal. But the false everything that is projected from the real Nothing, comprising innumerable nothings, or all things in creation, is innately and unendingly dual. Within these nothings are innumerable temporary nothings, such as, What is the matter with you? Nothing. What did you eat? Nothing. What is in your hand? Nothing. What do you see? Nothing. And so there is no end to the action and reaction of the experience of nothingness by the innumerable nothings of false everything, which are projected from the one original real Nothing, which is infinite. The original real Everything is infinite and eternal. In it is the original real Nothing. Innumerable nothings manifest out of the one original real Nothing. And from these nothings is a continuous flow of temporary nothings. And so there are nothings and the no-things of nothing within the one original real Nothing. When you compare these nothings with the one original real Nothing, they are indeed nothing. Nothing is in everything. Everything would not be a complete whole without Nothing. The Nothing that is in Everything gives birth to nothing that seems everything. Because Nothing is, everything seems to be. All activity everywhere in creation is but a play of everything and nothing. When there is a complete cessation of this activity, the Nothing prevails. When this Nothing is attained, you have Everything. Relatively, therefore, the Nothing is Everything; whereas that which we call everything is nothing.

--------------------

Offlinetoned3f
Comfortably Numb
Loc: NY, Amerika
    #1631647 - 06/13/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That dude seems like a quack  :frown:

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: The Everything and the Nothing [Re: toned3f]
    #1631661 - 06/13/03 03:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

#1631728 - 06/13/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

he teaches everyone is capapble of being a god living on earth. There souls just arent as wise yet. There are 4 journeys you go through to reach the higher planes of consoiuness. After you become one with god(or love) you live life with that knowledge. And then when you die you reside in that oneness within that love or god.

Quote:

Once an inquisitive and doubting man went to Bayazid the Perfect Master and said, 'You, being Perfect, ought to know the thoughts of others. What am i thinking of just now?' Beyazid replied, 'You are thinking that which you ought not to have thought of, and asking that which you ought not to have asked. Had you come with an open mind and curbed tounge you would have recieved that which you ought to have recieved, instead of this well-deserved rebuke.'

^ section 10 hehe i love that one becuase is describes the closed minded people of this world. Keep your mind open to anything....because anything is possible.

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1631814 - 06/13/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

When everything is one, you can keep dividing it into smaller pieces infinitely. This creates boundaries that WE are born into. But there is also a void, nothing. Simultaneously everything and nothing everywhere. Like superimposed to create reality, or some crazy thing.

--------------------

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Re: The Everything and the Nothing [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1631825 - 06/13/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

kinda like space i guess. Space is a void....an infinite void....but it has everything floating in it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom