Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

economics
    #1596012 - 05/31/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was talking to some conservative online and he said the whole prosperity of the Clinton's administration was caused from reaganomics. I never took an economics course, so can someone fill me in on this? I once heard that it takes four years for the economy to catch up, but since reagan's term ended in 88, there's a number of years of prosperity afterward, which doesn't seem like it's all caused from reagan. I know republicans would like to think that whenever they get in office their hand of god is a gift to the economy by feeding the rich and starving the poor. Does reaganomics really work? It sounds retarded to me. Is it just a scam? If the four years thing is actually true, then it would be easy to blame all of the current poor economy on clinton but once another democrat gets in there we'll see prosperity. But is it caused by the past administration? Is it really this black and white? Wouldn't our current economy have something to do with Bush? I need answers chicken legs.

Edited by Anonymous (05/31/03 12:46 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: economics [Re: ]
    #1596779 - 05/31/03 07:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

there are other means of measuring the economy that are instant and dont have a 4 year delay, like employment stats, and spending, etc... looking at these stats, republicans are a cancer to the economy.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: economics [Re: 1stimer]
    #1596796 - 05/31/03 07:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

compared to measuring the economy based on the stock market, which is fake anyway.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
Re: economics [Re: ]
    #1597225 - 06/01/03 12:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Reaganomics is basically the trickle down theory. Give money to the rich and it will trickle down to the poor. Before it a CEO made on average $20 for every $1 his worker made, afterwards he made $413. It's not trickling down, unless a starving bum is selling all those yachts. More money was spent on pleasure boating that all the states spent on welfare. If a tower of kids blocks was erected to represent the annual income of americans and each level was 1000 a year it would be higher than the Eiffel Tower but 95 percent of us would be within a yard of the ground. Reagan fucked us all over, unless your rich.

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion