Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Internet and Concentration
    #15654863 -

It's kind of accepted that the internet interferes with your concentration.  Especially when you're flipping between 7 different tabs reading different things

I've been wanting to start reading more books, but since I can't get through one without getting bored or have my mind start trailing off, I'm curious how long you guys think it'll take of no internet before I can have better concentration.

Does anyone have any experience?

:sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Internet and Concentration [Re: tito123]
    #15655317 -

I'm the same way.  Have you tried any of the ADHD drugs?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Internet and Concentration [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15656731 -

I wonder the same. I am thinking about going back to school and am quite scared of the possibility that my abilities to learn (concentrate, focus, and remember) are all severely impaired.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Internet and Concentration [Re: PDU]
    #15663384 -

If you have a Mac...use this: http://visitsteve.com/made/selfcontrol/

It's called SelfControl and you choose the websites to block and the time to block them for and you absolutely, positively cannot access them for the allotted time.  It's a fucking godsend.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Internet and Concentration [Re: tito123]
    #15663468 -

I haven't seen these studies, but i have hypothesized the same thing when reflecting on myself. I don't remember the last time i watched a full movie. I have trouble getting myself to do something other than multitask on my comp when im at home, and i think drugs play a role too.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Internet and Concentration [Re: tito123]
    #15664118 -

a poor diet will definitely play a huge roll in lack of focus or concentration. that's basically the problem with people with add adhd... diet and food allergies... food allergies the standard IgE test will completely miss

Kensho :psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cum = Concentrated life energy : Masturbation = V.Bad
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mirth 19,424 77 02/10/09 08:10 PM
by daytripper23
* Herbal concentration aides?
( 1 2 all )
Silversoul 2,473 21 12/04/07 08:16 PM
by Shroomism
* Concentration, the bane of my existence. 24hoursago 1,337 9 02/10/06 05:13 PM
by eligal
* romantic internet relationships?
( 1 2 all )
figmentfragment 4,055 27 07/23/08 10:16 AM
by geokills
* Internet Drama...!!
( 1 2 3 all )
backfromthedead 5,051 48 07/28/08 06:59 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* i'm going to not spend more than 30 minutes on the internet a day reflectedlight 814 5 05/21/07 01:35 AM
by eligal
* Breathing, your always told to concentrate on it but how are you supposed to do it right. Majawala 834 5 06/12/06 02:37 AM
by niteowl
* Internet Drama Part Deux...!! backfromthedead 783 5 07/28/08 08:15 AM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
295 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.