Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Contemplating Suicide
    #1562298 - 05/20/03 04:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

These past few years I think I'm slowly losing my grip on sanity.

Needless to say I stay sane and control myself for people I care and love, like my younger sister.

But time has corroded who I am, and who I was. Sometimes, like many people feel, I just wanna say "fuck it" and shoot myself. But what stops me is my responsiblity to others, others who have not yet gotten a taste of life, and others who care for me more than I'll ever know.

What I suppose is, should we take that immortal leap into death? We all have pondered suicide, the eternal sleep, the key to all your problems. But what stops us from doing so? Common sense? Responsibility to others? Cowardice? But then again, when we do commit that final act, sense, responsibility, and cowardice all fade; nothing matters... those which kept us bound now dissapate, and we are free...

But I will not let others suffer the same fate I have. They don't deserve it. I suppose this is just life, and life has it's ups and downs.

Pardon my babbling, but I just had to go through some major shit in my life. Major. Deaths of friends, family issues, you name it, this past week has been a trip to hell and back. And believe me it wasn't the least bit pleasant.

So now, I depart. I have thought about suicide but decided that I will not let others suffer because of my, dare I say, selfishness.

But how frequent must I visit?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Contemplating Suicide [Re: daba]
    #1562512 - 05/20/03 10:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

daba... I am very sorry to read this. I know shit might be pretty bad right now, REAL bad, fucking horrible. But it will get better.

Here's my favorite Tupac quote - "If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day."

Come on, don't give up. You can't do that to yourself. No matter how appealing suicide is, it's too unfair to yourself and others who have grown to love you. I wish I knew you in person so we could talk about this, but unfortunatly the internet does not allow such opportunities. If you'd like to PM me you're more than welcome, anything other than the plan you have been going over in your mind.

It will get better. Just don't give up.

Your friend, the free thinker

--------------------

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Contemplating Suicide [Re: the free thinker]
    #1562542 - 05/20/03 10:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Been there. done that..

Still here!!..

Quit thinking about it .. it does not help.

When ever i get into that frame of mind.. i think.. well, why not do whatever i want and fuck what ever happens.. ie: Grow some weed, pick up a whore, wreck a car..

Then i chicken out. and do nothing more than smoke a nice big bowl and chill out.

It's never as bad as we think it is... there is always worse.

cheer up dude!

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Contemplating Suicide [Re: PooPs]
    #1562551 - 05/20/03 10:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Another way to look at the whole situation is if you never had any bad times or troubles then you'd have nothing to compare it to so that you could tell when you were having a GOOD TIME!  So the bad times actually make the good times seem that much better.  You actually wouldn't know you were having a good time unless you had the bad times to compare them to!
I'm sure everyone has thought about suicide but thank goodness that thought passes for most of us and we realize there are better times ahead.  So keep your chin up and always remember you have plenty of friends to talk to if things get bad.  People that care about you and wish only the best for you.

So cheer up man, smoke a blunt and be Coo Mang!  :wink:

Peace,
-TekNut- 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1563230 - 05/20/03 04:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

relax.

Suicide is not a sure escape from this experience.. suicide could make it worse; you don't know.

This is part of why I'm still alive :wink:

Besides, I don't want to leave a bunch of sufferers behind; that'd be mean.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1563293 - 05/20/03 05:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

But what stops me is my responsiblity to others, others who have not yet gotten a taste of life, and others who care for me more than I'll ever know.

Thats the same reason I never did it and I'm so glad I never did. My life was such hell, like when you're born into a life that you know you'll never escape from. I actully thought I would just have to deal with it, I expected nothing to change by my whole life did. Its like I'm living someone elses perfect life :smile:

Things can change when they seem impossible, if I got out of the situation I was in you can get out of yours. Mine was suppost to be perminat and it changed anyways, I didnt have to try and change it but maybe you will...

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Contemplating Suicide [Re: DailyPot]
    #1563620 - 05/20/03 07:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.allan-kardec.com/Allan_Kardec/Le_livre_des_esprits/lesp_us.pdf

This book cured all my suicidal toughts and helped me focus on the real meaning of everything. I must say that when I read that, I was ready to do it. It gave me answers to almost everything.

For me : best book ever, and I read a lot.

This link has the integral book online. Easy to find in libraries too. Have a look if ya want.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Contemplating Suicide [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1564046 - 05/20/03 10:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the help.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being