Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15519863 -

isnt the processing factored into the whole efficiency thing?

you've accused me of trolling a couple times regardless of the fact that I'm
presenting actual evidence and not make believe scenarios and imaginary
hidden costs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15519875 -

I don't think you can compare eaten soy to raw soy.  I don't think the analogy of "you get less of the good stuff of soy eating pre-eaten soy (meat) than you would raw soy" just doesn't make sense.  The chemical structure of everything is so far modified by the body and then absorbed and modified even more on a molecular level by cells, proteins are folded and lipids are restructured, etc. (hence why animal fat from cows isn't just grain oil, but an animal fat), that it turns into a totally different foodstuff altogther.

You can't say you aren't getting the full benefits of soy if you eat meat, because you can't say you're getting the full benefits of meat if you eat soy.  They are so different molecularly, structurally, that it's just retarded to try to compare vegetables through animal meat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: Maverick]
    #15519876 -

Maverick said:
Once I was living with some vegetarians, one told me he didn't like me having meat in his fridge (despite me paying a third of the rent between 3 people).  It was :lolsy:


Shit happens, I think most vegetarians are like that because it also helps them from falling back into the habit of meat.  I know those vegetarians would complain about how good the bacon smelled when I had some.  Go figure?



you again???

I think bacon smells dank but I'm a veggie.  My fister-gf eats meat all the time in front of me and i dont care.  I even eat pepperoni pizza i just take off the meat.

The guy who didnt want you to put meat in his fridge sounds like an OCD prick :lol: 

I like how you say most vegetarians are like that because it helps them from "falling back into the habit" as if eating meat is some addiction :nyan:  I have no desire to eat meat whatsoever, it just doesn't look appetizing anymore.

-Impala


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight]
    #15519886 -

NWlight said:
Maverick said:
Once I was living with some vegetarians, one told me he didn't like me having meat in his fridge (despite me paying a third of the rent between 3 people).  It was :lolsy:


Shit happens, I think most vegetarians are like that because it also helps them from falling back into the habit of meat.  I know those vegetarians would complain about how good the bacon smelled when I had some.  Go figure?



you again???

I think bacon smells dank but I'm a veggie.  My fister-gf eats meat all the time in front of me and i dont care.  I even eat pepperoni pizza i just take off the meat.

The guy who didnt want you to put meat in his fridge sounds like an OCD prick :lol: 

I like how you say most vegetarians are like that because it helps them from "falling back into the habit" as if eating meat is some addiction haha.  I have no desire to eat meat whatsoever, it just doesn't look appetizing. 

-Impala



Well young underaged impala  :wink: , most vegetarians I meet do act like it was a previous addiction, like it was something they indulged in and shouldn't have previously.  (This is especially true for those who converted from eating meat to vegetarian, rather than just raised vegetarian).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight]
    #15519893 -

Yeah man, when I didn't eat meat or dairy for over a decade, it, including milk and yogurt and stuff became really unappetizing after the second year or so. It took a while to come back to meat, and chicken and steak used to make me really sick..

Happy to be back on the wagon though.. *phew*
Cus you know what? Cereal tastes like shit with soy-milk..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15519907 -

RenzoSupreme said:
It took a while to come back to meat, and chicken and steak used to make me really sick..



a friend of mine decided to break 4 years of vegetarian diet by eating some
of my slightly cooked bacon... he wouldnt even let me finish cooking it
those three little pieces had him fucked up for a few days

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15519974 -

Yeah I am kind of nervous about the switch back if I ever change my lifestyle, I've heard from a couple friends and now Pris1 that eating meat after a long break can really fuck your digestive system.  also since I stopped drinking milk, whenever I have diary products like ice cream or cheese I fart non-stop for dayzzz.  almost as bad as those damn protein powders


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight] * 1
    #15519985 -

also these vegetarians who constantly have the desire to eat meat but don't, they sound like they just have a bizarre eating disorder.  I think that stressing about food in ANY way constitutes an eating disorder.  Sure I don't like meat but i am not constantly worried that i might eat some :rofl:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight]
    #15519989 -

It took about 9 months to get a regular system.  I did those one live-culture yogurt things, and they really helped, but yeah, BAAAAAAAD gas, and constantly.  I had to start slow, with chicken broth, and then shredded or fine-ground beef etc..

Just remembered the name of the yogurt: Activiaaaaaaaa!


--------------------

Edited by RenzoSupreme (12/15/11 09:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15519997 -

did the yogurt come with a free semi-butch 50 something year old woman?


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight]
    #15520003 -

Sadly, no.. Just gas.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15520022 -

:feelsbadman:


--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: NWlight]
    #15520127 -

.
NWlight said:
Yeah I am kind of nervous about the switch back if I ever change my lifestyle, I've heard from a couple friends and now Pris1 that eating meat after a long break can really fuck your digestive system.  also since I stopped drinking milk, whenever I have diary products like ice cream or cheese I fart non-stop for dayzzz.  almost as bad as those damn protein powders




the switch either way does it, for 20 years I almost exclusively ate meat, my
veggies included the pickle served with the burger and occasionally a potato
or salad with a steak. I was challenged to cut out meat for a month and that
entire month was spent squirting my lunch back out. if you eat a normal diet
then you'll see a less drastic change in how your body handles it and for
most the transition back to meat isnt as bad as it's made to sound, a week or
two typically and you're system is accustomed to handling it again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15520144 -

*deleted..


--------------------

Edited by RenzoSupreme (12/15/11 10:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15520522 -

Pris is right about cows eating grasses as the main part of their diet. Beef cows that is and that is what we are talking about. Dairy cows are fed a mix of grasses, grains, soy, alfalfa or a TMR (total mixed ration); but not beef cows. This is common knowledge in farming communities, I am from Wisconsin man and worked on a couple different farms. The main one I worked on was Olson Dairy. They raise black angus for beef, and Holsteins for dairy and there is a very big difference in their diets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: The Influence]
    #15520622 -

The Influence said:
Pris is right about cows eating grasses as the main part of their diet. Beef cows that is and that is what we are talking about. Dairy cows are fed a mix of grasses, grains, soy, alfalfa or a TMR (total mixed ration); but not beef cows. This is common knowledge in farming communities, I am from Wisconsin man and worked on a couple different farms. The main one I worked on was Olson Dairy. They raise black angus for beef, and Holsteins for dairy and there is a very big difference in their diets.



Yeah I know; I've worked on ranches too.  But here's the deal, almost 80% of the meat we consume as a country isn't raised that way.  For those of us in areas like this, we have pretty good access to nice beef.  For everyone else,

Its raised this way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming

Check out what they feed.. I feel like some of it has to be rumor, and propaganda, but they also force grains to a disgusting amount and I've seen that with my own two eyes..

I get beef local, and yeah, its black angus, and yeah, its the fucking bomb.

I don't think anyone can really argue the ethical implications of said factory farming practices, but what are you gonna do? :shrug:
The country is mostly mindless sheep, with every bit as much voting power as we..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15520661 -

OH! and there was this part too:

"Livestock production is also particularly water-intensive in indoor, intensive systems. Eight percent of global human water use goes towards animal production, including water used to irrigate feed crops.[57]"

Also, I found this:

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Tw-Z/Uses-of-Water.html

"Livestock water use includes water for stock animals, feed lots, dairies, fish farms, and other nonfarm needs. Water is needed for the production of red meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and wool, and for horses, rabbits, and pets. Livestock water use only includes fresh water."  (In other words, these figures do not reflect the water it took to grow the grain that they force-feed... Like I've been saying..)

Read more: Uses of Water - building, river, oceans, important, largest, plants, source, human http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Tw-Z/Uses-of-Water.html#ixzz1gdMvUHWS


I have to admit, its a lot lower than I expected it to be, so I'll hand that one to you, Pris.  It is, however, quite a bit higher than you thought too, so.... Call it a truce?

Still though, pris, its a far-cry from saying vegetarians are depleting the fresh-water resources..  That would be a tremendously difficult argument to win, but I look forward to spectating your attempt.


--------------------

Edited by RenzoSupreme (12/15/11 12:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15520677 -

RenzoSupreme said:
The Influence said:
Pris is right about cows eating grasses as the main part of their diet. Beef cows that is and that is what we are talking about. Dairy cows are fed a mix of grasses, grains, soy, alfalfa or a TMR (total mixed ration); but not beef cows. This is common knowledge in farming communities, I am from Wisconsin man and worked on a couple different farms. The main one I worked on was Olson Dairy. They raise black angus for beef, and Holsteins for dairy and there is a very big difference in their diets.



Yeah I know; I've worked on ranches too.  But here's the deal, almost 80% of the meat we consume as a country isn't raised that way.  For those of us in areas like this, we have pretty good access to nice beef.  For everyone else,

Its raised this way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming

Check out what they feed.. I feel like some of it has to be rumor, and propaganda, but they also force grains to a disgusting amount and I've seen that with my own two eyes..

I get beef local, and yeah, its black angus, and yeah, its the fucking bomb.

I don't think anyone can really argue the ethical implications of said factory farming practices, but what are you gonna do? :shrug:
The country is mostly mindless sheep, with every bit as much voting power as we..



Well now your talking about "meat". I was simply stating what diet cows, namely beef cows were feed. And according to your reference less than half the world's beef is produced by way of factory farming, so even less is raised that way in the US.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: RenzoSupreme]
    #15520681 -

RenzoSupreme said:
OH! and there was this part too:

"Livestock production is also particularly water-intensive in indoor, intensive systems. Eight percent of global human water use goes towards animal production, including water used to irrigate feed crops.[57]"

Also, I found this:

http://www.waterencyclopedia.com/Tw-Z/Uses-of-Water.html

I have to admit, its a lot lower than I expected it to be, so I'll hand that one to you, Pris.  It is, however, quite a bit higher than you thought too, so.... Call it a truce?

Still though, pris, its a far-cry from saying vegetarians are depleting the fresh-water resources..  That would be a tremendously difficult argument to win, but I look forward to spectating your attempt.



Vegans diet choices may not "deplete" our fresh-water sources, but they have more of an impact than raising livestock, which is the point I think he was trying to make.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all. [Re: The Influence]
    #15520705 -

Okay, I'll give you that.. Seems reasonable, but I would think the impact is very small, being that less than 5% of Americans have a vegetarian diet...

*edit: Factor that in with the 'Planet-Nebraska' analogy, and I think the impact is negligible, if not non-existent. 

Now, the real question is, hypothetically, what would happen if EVERYONE was a vegetarian? I think theres going to be some water usage increase, as per Pris's argument, but as per the laws of thermo-dynamics.....

God dammit.. I just made a headache... Anyways, its probably six of one, half a dozen of the other, per se. 


--------------------

Edited by RenzoSupreme (12/15/11 12:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Going Vegetarian...
( 1 2 all )
Organic 4,173 22 04/25/03 03:10 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,502 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8
* Elitist daft 381 1 07/07/04 08:27 PM
by synthesis
* Why don't more people eat bud?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 5,654 20 07/02/03 04:03 PM
by Boppity604
* Why don't we just rename OTD the "Shit Heap"
( 1 2 3 all )
boxtop703 13,391 53 05/07/18 09:20 AM
by Cannabischarlie
* Why don't you post in OTD? Senor_Doobie 3,811 15 02/12/03 06:53 AM
by Shroomism
* BONNAROO SOLD OUT AND DON'T HAVE SOMEONE TO GO WITH!! HELP. *DELETED* Cracka_X 2,244 13 03/01/17 05:01 PM
by Midnight_Toker
* Tempur-Pedic... [poll] don't ya love it? daba 1,432 10 07/12/03 04:27 PM
by boO

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
13,089 topic views. 6 members, 9 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.