Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Do you believe in karma?
    #14725156 -

Have you ever seen anyone fucked over or saved by it?



I believe in karma in a way that everyone gets whats coming to them.  I think at the least @$$hole type people will experience karma on their death bed as they are overrun with guilt, someone whos pure has less to worry about with the karmaic force of nature :scrambled:    Really i dont know how the fuck karma works but i think there is some reality to it.  :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14725162 -

ya i do...


i think negative assholes have harder lives, then positive happy people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14725173 -

Its a possibility, but I kinda doubt the universe has such rules or balance

The fact that our civilizations are ruled by sociopaths under whom the altruistic suffer was enough to make me rethink my logic

Of course thats just our planet, who can say if there is true karma balance throughout the infinity of existence

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: Wise Toad]
    #14725186 -

I don't think the universe has a law for doling out justice, but I do believe that statistics(morals) = karma.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: P-O]
    #14725191 -

Yeah, I'm starting to think that's why my life is so full of problems and things rarely seem to go right. Probably karma biting me in the ass for something that happened almost 10 years ago.  :uhoh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #14725200 -

Tchan909 said:
I don't think the universe has a law for doling out justice, but I do believe that statistics(morals) = karma.




--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14725204 -

Some people's happiness is based on taking advantage of others.

From what I've seen a lot of these people seem to be devoid of empathy altogether and as a result don't seem to get their deserved comeuppance like see no evil hear no evil or something.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2] * 1
    #14725214 -

you reap what you sow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #14725216 -

I'd like to be able to start over with a clean slate and have things start going the way they should for myself and my family, life seems to be extremely difficult and painful. It has it's good moments but they are so few and far between it's tiring no doubt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: LobsterSauce] * 1
    #14725221 -

It seems logical that the more people you fuck over the more likely you are to get fucked over.


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #14725224 -

The concept of karma has a very different kind of significance if you believe in reincarnation.

If you don't believe in reincarnation, the more Western conception of karma is "life's a bitch and then you die."


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: gurbz] * 3
    #14725225 -

Well I believe that you create your own reality. If you believe bad things will happen to you, they will. Same with good things.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: gurbz]
    #14725226 -

Karma would imply that each life is equal, some people are brought in to much worse existences than others; that's not to say that their lives are not of equal worth but their experiences will vary in pain and pleasure

The only way a balance could exist is if reincarnation existed to, that is also possible

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2] * 2
    #14725293 -

I believe in karma. I don't pretend to know how it operates. I do know we use space and time as very infantile ideas as to how our universe operates.  I wont go into theories I do not fully understand, but I believe that everything in the universe is connected.  Once atoms have been connected, even if they are separated they still convey information to each other.  Thus I have to come to the conclusion that what I do to another person or animal I am also doing to myself. 

All things are part of an incomprehensible totality which was and will always be. All things are equal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: unam sanctum] * 1
    #14725298 -

I liked the way you put that. :thumbup:


--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #14725307 -

No.


Its far too subjective.  You only find it because you're looking for it.

Confirmation Bias. :yesnod:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14725592 -

skatealex2 said:
Have you ever seen anyone fucked over or saved by it?



I believe in karma in a way that everyone gets whats coming to them.  I think at the least @$$hole type people will experience karma on their death bed as they are overrun with guilt, someone whos pure has less to worry about with the karmaic force of nature :scrambled:    Really i dont know how the fuck karma works but i think there is some reality to it.  :gethigh:



Actually, karma is like religion. If you believe it, you will link everything to it.

In real life though, there is no such thing. Nothing exists to balance out your actions since the universe doesn't know the difference between right or wrong.

Karma IMO is a way to convince someone not to do something wrong.

If karma truely existed, everybody commiting a crime would of been caught. Which is not the case.

Crimes pays if you are smart. And no you won't lose a leg cause karma won't come back to get you


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: Patlal]
    #14725674 -

The Ecstatic and Paltal have it right.

Seeing people get theirs is fun though. I know a sales guy who would say anything to get the sale, a very manipulative and calculated liar. He just had someone pull the same shit on him, took him for a good bit of change. I laughed at how pissed he got.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: skatealex2]
    #14725681 -

There is a natural balance to things.  Its just logical.

For example.  My friend robbed me.  After that he got a black eye and lost all his other friends round here.

I don't believe in it as some magic force but as a natural result of our universe which does exist in a state of balance on every level.  Humans are no exception.  Theres always a reaction to our actions that tends to balance the order of things.  I consider it a logical progression.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in karma? [Re: P-O]
    #14725787 -

PostiveOutlook said:
you reap what you sow




This....nothing magical about it. If you kill a kitten your not gonna get the flu or some shit :rolleyes:


--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What does karma mean?
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 2,526 33 07/06/04 11:42 PM
by Hooty
* America's Karma? Ravus 989 18 08/03/05 05:12 PM
by Todcasil
* What if there is no Karma?
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 2,066 22 05/03/04 12:34 AM
by Viveka
* A lesson in Karma....
( 1 2 all )
Madtowntripper 2,544 30 06/30/05 02:24 PM
by Ravus
* now this is proof of karma, un deniable
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 2,711 28 01/31/05 06:25 PM
by Skunk420
* Good karma beejay 515 16 02/09/05 06:26 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Shoplifting from chain stores and victimless crimes
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
Adamist 27,833 375 06/29/05 04:46 PM
by Todcasil
* The Buddha Reincarnated? dblaney 1,301 14 11/23/05 02:45 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,002 topic views. 9 members, 26 guests and 239 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.