Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14720570 -
Log in to view attachment

Hey there... I thought I'd upload this track to share with you guys. It's an original song titled "Lakeside Bench"

I literally just recorded it within the last maybe 45 mins. Everything was one take and I know I could have done a lot better, especially with the timing of the djembe (not gonna lie, it's pretty off in some places) but if someone could take a listen and critique I'd be ever so grateful!

for best quality download rather than hitting play


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Edited by boxcarguy07 (07/05/11 01:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #14721493 -

Here's the intros to two tracks I've been working on recently. Though, they're both unfinished and just a rough sample. Definitely need headphones.





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: x Ju x]
    #14725729 -

Guys just wanted to ask, when u make a track how do you find instruments that match each other ie when you have more than one instrument - how do u select that second instrument to make sound more enhanced?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14725742 -

Ju thats pretty good sound, like music in a film

while we on the subject, how do u upload a track so others could listen a stream?

Should i just add a image and make a video for youtube? ......... how do u make such video + mp3?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14725785 -

desant said:
Guys just wanted to ask, when u make a track how do you find instruments that match each other ie when you have more than one instrument - how do u select that second instrument to make sound more enhanced?



well the bass+drums+guitar+voice combo is pretty well tested.  But matching textures and keeping everything balanced and in tune is just one of those things that comes from experience.

Basically you're gonna have your high end which is probably gonna carry the melody (not always), your percussion, and your low end. very basic i know.

What i normally do is start with an idea on guitar, then put on percussion which is usually just a djembe for me, then add some low end if i'm feeling professional that day :lol:


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: g00ru]
    #14725880 -

umm yea i se, thanks for explaining

3 years ago i bought a book called dance music manual, i need to re read it again :strokebeard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14725942 -

yeah, I've been playing drums for 16 years and composing my own stuff for around 4-5.. I've got a little bedroom studio set-up here with a midi-keyboard, turntable, 6-channel mixer, shure-sm57 mic, various percussion equipment and a macbook pro to compile and use software synths.

my latest stuff can be found here: http://www.soundcloud.com/cosmicjoker
some of my earlier stuff here: http://www.myspace.com/electricsalmon


--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sirdonut]
    #14726031 -

sirdonut said:
yeah, I've been playing drums for 16 years and composing my own stuff for around 4-5.. I've got a little bedroom studio set-up here with a midi-keyboard, turntable, 6-channel mixer, shure-sm57 mic, various percussion equipment and a macbook pro to compile and use software synths.

my latest stuff can be found here: http://www.soundcloud.com/cosmicjoker
some of my earlier stuff here: http://www.myspace.com/electricsalmon



That sounds like a real nice set up, I personally use a guitar hero microphone and audacity...cause im ghetto as fuck. Sounds decent though - obv not record quality, but it gets the point across fairly well.

telecaster loop jamming:

random pyschedelicness:


--------------------
Drift in the sound, let it take you away
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: singlecoil]
    #14726081 -

desant said:
One thing that i havent touched so far is lyrics. But theyre sometimes essential piece of dance music. Gotta find myself a sexy little club babe with northern english accent :crazy2:



:datass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: singlecoil]
    #14726230 -

singlecoil said:
I play guitar mostly, but piano, drums, bass or what ever ends up in my hands as well.

I'm the guy with all the pins on my hat playing the telecaster. This was a random jam after smoking a bunch of Salvia leaf, good times.



that was a pretty righteous jam.


--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Beanhead]
    #14726235 -




Wooaa, even cooler than reason!!




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: danielx]
    #14726261 -

danielx said:
singlecoil said:
I play guitar mostly, but piano, drums, bass or what ever ends up in my hands as well.

I'm the guy with all the pins on my hat playing the telecaster. This was a random jam after smoking a bunch of Salvia leaf, good times.



that was a pretty righteous jam.



Agreed. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14726284 -

i NEED to find a BASEMENT, my little flat is no match for a studio :strokebeard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14726295 -

desant said:
i NEED to find a BASEMENT, my little flat is no match for a studio :strokebeard:



Oh man, I wish I had a Home studio :homerdrool:

Dude, what's that program you just posted up yonder?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14726323 -

umm? program?


As for my home studio - its  a decent 80W NAD amp, decent pair of speakers and 150 W subwoofer.

But because my room is small there tagged in a corner facing oppiosite wall rather than where i sit.


And i do all work at a small table with a 26 inch TFT monitor, 2 octave M Audio keyboard. I will be buying 61 key surface soon tho. And i have full version of Reason 4, will be getting Cubase 6 soon


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14727179 -

sunset_mission said:
danielx said:
singlecoil said:
I play guitar mostly, but piano, drums, bass or what ever ends up in my hands as well.

I'm the guy with all the pins on my hat playing the telecaster. This was a random jam after smoking a bunch of Salvia leaf, good times.



that was a pretty righteous jam.



Agreed. :thumbup:



Thanks guys :laugh: The bassist and rhythm guitarist were pissed because apparently playing in Ebm is gay :P haha. I had a wicked time though :laugh:


--------------------
Drift in the sound, let it take you away
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: singlecoil]
    #14760956 -
Log in to view attachment

some thing i worked on

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #14761990 -

I couldn't hear anything :shrug:

I started a new track yesterday. After I work on it some more today I'll post it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: x Ju x]
    #14762749 -

you probably need to turn it up? it's a pretty low track, not mastered or anything... so it's all depending on your valume, how much of it you are gonna hear. :shrug:

wow, that's brilliant. the track doesn't even work. :gameover:

Edited by akira_akuma (07/13/11 02:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #14762925 -

It is brilliant! A whole new 4:13 :gameover:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ableton Live: Mixing Software dblaney 2,843 15 05/23/07 06:17 PM
by Osker246
* Post deleted by Anno Anonymous 1,034 12 08/23/04 12:37 AM
by Fliquid
* Shroomery Musicians Thread
( 1 2 3 all )
sui 7,184 44 12/25/04 03:04 AM
by sui
* ableton question... skatealex2 1,054 16 04/06/10 08:47 PM
by elementswrath
* ableton queries indica 457 0 01/19/09 11:30 PM
by indica
* Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
fireworks_godS 14,975 81 06/18/10 09:04 PM
by JT
* anyone ever got to play with ableton live? sherm 790 6 10/11/05 05:01 PM
by Anisotropic
* ableton is pretty cool! beneath 728 3 11/20/07 05:36 AM
by Psilobuds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
4,766 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 25 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.