Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL
    #1874053 - 09/02/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have a good idea that would be quite some fun. We have a lot of musicians on here, and I came up with an idea to get some of us together and record TOOL's Lateralus as a tribute to them.

I mean, we are basically the biggest discussion of psycadelics and a lot of the ideas that come with, and I guess to show our appreciation to them for the meaningful and kick ass music they make, we could collaborate and record this album, as our sort of tribute to them, in our appreciation.. while having a lot of fun in the first place. It would also be interesting to have it sent to them somehow, and we'd have it for our own enjoyment, too..

I mean, at the very least, for us musicians here, it would be experience working together with other musicians (not like in the same room, of course) and with music in general.

So, do we have any guitarists, bassists, vocalists, and drummers in the house? Depending on how many people get involved (too many people would not be desired), we could switch back and forth between tracks, if someone else on the same instrument is involved. And if no drummer is found, we could at least program them and it would sound good.

Of course, this would take some effort from everyone involved, because we would have to take the time to learn and record the tracks decently enough while keeping them sent back and forth.

When we have selected people to work on this, I could set up our own forum somewhere so that we would be able to effectively communicate back and forth. We could look into finding a cracked recording software somewhere and everyone could use it, it'd probably be best if we were all using the same program.

I'm not talking about starting tomorrow, either. We could allow some time so that everyone could learn the songs, and so forth. Just take as much time is needed so we come out with some quality material.

I guess the preresiquites to working on this would be some way to record your instrument with quality (no shitty shit), enough skill to pull off a good cover of TOOL, and enough time to dedicate ourselves with a chance to do some good work on this.

Myself, I would definitley love to record the basslines, but if there is anybody else that would also be interested in playing bass for this project, we could switch off, the same thing if there is more than one person for any other instrument. (I don't get my bass for another three weeks, unfortunately)

So, I guess right now we can just throw ideas back and forth, and find out who would be interested, and start forming some way that we could organize and manage this project. It would definitely be an experience, definitely! So, who's interested?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by MAIA (09/05/03 04:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1874316 - 09/02/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Although I would love to pay my tribute to Tool and Lateralus, covering every song would not give it the justice it deserves...
This is just a huge project that without any official notation of the music it would be close to impossible to reproduce.
First off, I have listened to this cd religiously since it came out, and I'm STILL not sure how they time/play some of their parts. I think it would be near impossible to come anywhere close to Maynard's or Danny's abilities. Not saying we have to duplicate it, but for it to sound good, the singer and the drummer have a lot to live up to.

I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just saying that this is an incredibly difficult task, recreating music that we all don't even understand fully yet. I don't even know all the time signatures ventured into in The Grudge... 5/4, 4/4...10/8? bah...

forgive me, I don't intend to put the project down, but I'm just sort of installing a reality check.

What I would LOVE to do is have a shroomery.com Lateralus Study, where we might shape some conceptual/theoretical/musical ideas of the album and its songs. Maybe we could find a way to merge our research and study and do somethin with it?

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Blastrid]
    #1874340 - 09/02/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't mean to continue to rain on your parade, but I'd have to agree with Blastrid. Even if you got together some very talented musicians, covering the whole Lateralus album would be pretty damn hard.

Maybe if you covered Undertow you'd have a better chance. I think you should get together and compose something original instead. Why not do that? You could get people who are influenced by Tool and produce something Tool-esque and call it your own.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #1874376 - 09/02/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed this would be a difficult task to accomplish.  But I think this is a VERY interesting suggestion!  :laugh: I'd suggest that instead of a reproduction of Lateralus, maybe various songs could be selected from all their albums, to create some sort of a compellation. Although, just one tribute song could be an interesting project all on its own! How exactly could a project of this sort be done over the net though?  I'm not sure everyone here has access to descent recording equipment without having to invest a little $$.. I mean.. if you have a possible way to do this in mind, I'd love to play a part in it.  Only problem is I also play bass.  Either way, I'd LOVE to see the shroomery do something like this! 

It's too bad everyone can't just meet somewhere and jam..  :sad:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1874420 - 09/02/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: World Spirit]
    #1874432 - 09/02/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Other than the silly mysticism, I can't see much about Tool to dislike.

They definately making some of the most interesting and intricate rock 'n roll out there.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Phluck]
    #1874443 - 09/02/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1874454 - 09/02/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You do know this is a thread made for people who dig TOOL's music don't you? I mean what was the point of that post, other than to be a troll?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1874462 - 09/02/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I apologize in advance but I must give the band you mentioned a negative five stars, and about thirty thumbs down, and perhaps a framed boot so they can take a hint and silence themselves into their awaiting zombified state of consciousness. They (the band's members) resemble the patheticness I could never imagine becoming.

And that's how I really feel about it.  :wink: :stoned: :loveeyes: 

That's exactly how I feel about your God.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: silversoul7]
    #1874467 - 09/02/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1874481 - 09/02/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As Maynard said in one of his songs from his other band, A Perfect Circle:

Fuck your God
Your Lord and your Christ
he did this
Took all you had and
Left you this way
Still you pray, you never stray
Never taste of the fruit
You never thought to question why

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#1874483 - 09/02/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

pleeeaase try to not let this thread drift off into hostile arguments... :frown:

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: ekomstop]
    #1874498 - 09/02/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

For real, trolls ruin enough threads on this board.

I think ekomstop's suggestion of maybe starting off with just one TOOL song is a good idea. Doing a whole album just seems like a daunting task for a forum community. So...what song should it be?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: chunder]
    #1874607 - 09/02/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

First off, no arguements about God here. TOOL is more effectively spiritual than God now, anyways. :grin:

It wouldn't be the easiest task, for sure. Maybe we could do a lot of different TOOL songs from different albums (REQUIRED: 46 and 2, Schism, and Disposition and Reflection). After doing that, we could even write that original (me and faip_du_oiad were talking about that on Messenger) that was deeply inspired by TOOL.

Meshuggah writes their songs exclusively online, sending them back and forth. To cover the software end, one of us (probably me) could find a cracked version of one of the good recording utilities and we could all use that one (I could put it somewhere so we could all download it).

Myself, I don't find different time signatures hard to play in. I guess I had a different approach to time, though, when I started playing. Instead of counting a continous beat in my head, my foot, or a metronome, I just took great care to make sure that an eighth note was half as long as a quarter note, etc. It is a lot easier when you just know the different riffs and can play the different note durations agansit each other. Its all about FEEL in this case.

I think finding someone to do a good enough task with Maynard's vocals would be the biggest problem. Drums shouldn't be much of a problem, unless someone here wants to do them, they can be programmed and still sound good (and dead on). In the case of official tablature, I guess someone in the music thread mentioned that they have a lot of really good, unofficial tabs that could be used.

And, as I said earlier, it isn't a problem if someone else plays bass. We will just take turns on different songs. It would just be a few of us who really want to do it that would work on it, too, I could set up a forum of our own somewhere that would allow for effective communication. I guess the best way to actually start recording would be for someone to lay down a track while listening to the song on headphones to ensure correct time throughout, and then the rest could be built around it.

So, instead of doing the full Lateralus cd, how about just like seven/eight songs from them in general? Any suggestions? The only ones I would be set on from Lateralus would be Diposition and Reflection (god, those songs are just so unbelievable.. i had quite a level four peak to those songs) and Schism, and possibly 46 and 2 from Aenema. Hey, maybe we could throw in an A Perferct Circle song, too?

I definitely want to do something to this end. It would be a challenge, but it would be fun, and like I said, a lot of good experience for us who are setting out into music professionally to get under our beat.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblechunder
marker

#1874710 - 09/02/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you do an APC song, make it Orestes!

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#1874788 - 09/02/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hmm..So you want to copy the songs as exact as possible?  I was thinking it might be a good idea to change em' around a bit.  I mean, not so much it would no longer be recognized as tool, but you know..If this project were to actually get done, and a cd were sent to the band to listen to, I think they might appretiate listening to their own creation, re-created and improvised by minds they helped influence..rather than listening to their own music..copied exactly..  I like your choice of song suggestions, I also have a 'thing' for Diposition and Reflection :smile:  I was thinking maybe The Patient and AEnima as two (possible) covers.

I must say though...I really think...unless there is a reliable drummer available........

Well...I mean...

The drumming is nuts.  The thought of re-creating Danny Carey for Reflection, AEnima and most other songs..kind of makes my head hurt. Anyway, if you agree that the songs should be modified a bit, I think the 'nuts' aspect of the music should definetly remain.  Which will be a challenge (moreso) with the percussion, and vocals as you said.   

Anyway.. If this were to happen.  I think it's safe to say it has to start with one song.  Depending on the finished product of that song..I'm sure everyone involved will know if they would like to continue to create a tribute 'album' rather than a tribute 'song'...

Anyway..I'm not sure what else to say at the moment.. what does everyone think?       

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1874812 - 09/02/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hmm..So you want to copy the songs as exact as possible? I was thinking it might be a good idea to change em' around a bit. I mean, not so much it would no longer be recognized as tool, but you know..If this project were to actually get done, and a cd were sent to the band to listen to, I think they might appretiate listening to their own creation, re-created and improvised by minds they helped influence..rather than listening to their own music..copied exactly.. I like your choice of songs, I also have a 'thing' for Diposition and Reflection I was thinking maybe The Patient and AEnima as two (possible) covers.

I was thinking something similar. I was thinking of covering their songs, but in a different style than the original.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1874821 - 09/02/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I guess it would be best to take it song by song. Find out what works, what doesn't, develop a good system through trial and error, and then continue on from there if necessary. Take it one riff at a time, as it has probably been said somewhere..

And I guess I didn't mean that it should be exact as possible, it should be at least 85% there, though. I mean, it shouldn't sound like we suck and couldn't play the songs right, that's what I believe I was meaning there.

If you're saying that you want to do drums, then by all means. It would be a lot better to have a real drummer than program them, music, to me, has a need of being live (that is, music that is suspossed to be live).
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Phluck]
    #1874916 - 09/02/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"silly mysticism" LMFAO

hmmn cover LaTeraLus ay...?
while we're at it, let's reproduce the Mona Lisa, or rebuild Solomon's Temple... :wink:

Fireworks, i think we would have better results with a TOOL remix project.

each participant could dump one TOOL song into Cubase or Logic,
and remix a song using loops and samples of TOOL riffs...

i already have made a phat trip-hop remix of Aenima's "jimmy"

/me performs Troll Banishing Ritual... Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim!!!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Middleman]
    #1874926 - 09/02/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am not saying that it is going to come remotely close to the original, but the only way to be the best is to strive to be the best.. :grin:

Not a remix, I am talking about people playing instruments doing this, but if you want to do a remix and throw it in, that'd work too.

Anyone else interested?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#1874941 - 09/02/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:If you're saying that you want to do drums, then by all means. 

haha.. :smile:  That might be a possibility if I had a set of drums and about a decade to work on them  =/

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
And I guess I didn't mean that it should be exact as possible, it should be at least 85% there, though. I mean, it shouldn't sound like we suck and couldn't play the songs right, that's what I believe I was meaning there.

I really don't think if the songs were changed slightly it would sound like it 'sucked'  ... Who knows, it might actually sound better?  Appologies for going on about this..  All I was trying to suggest is maybe the songs could be played with a little variation..Not to the extent of an all out remix, the songs could still be undoubtedly similar to the originals..only.. different.  Almost like, stirring up two sources of creativity, rather than soley imitating theirs..to an extent.  I mean, if you do think the best idea is to play their music as exact as possible, that's cool with me, I'm not saying I'm against it at all.. Not that it's my decision anyway. This thought is just floating around in my head..If the idea is to do this FOR Tool..They might really enjoy hearing something a little different, although maybe equaly as good, as what they have played and heard 100's of times before..

I'm sure at times if you have ever played bass to a song on a cd, it's fairly easy to just kind of..play your own thing, while still flowing with the song.. It still sounds good.  The song is still unmistakably the same song..yet you've improvised..  This is all I'm really leaning towards.  Tool would definetly be challenging to work with in this manner.. But..yeah.. I just thought this might be worth considering..that's all.  I'll shut up about it now..

Quote:

fireworks_god said:It would be a lot better to have a real drummer than program them, music, to me, has a need of being live (that is, music that is suspossed to be live).

I agree 100%

Quote:

silversoul7 said:I was thinking something similar.  I was thinking of covering their songs, but in a different style than the original. 

Hehe, I can hear it now.. Tool: Unplugged    :wink: 

Anyhow, I think this idea kicks ass and I really hope to see something good come out of it!   

Edit:

Quote:

fireworks_god said:I am not saying that it is going to come remotely close to the original, but the only way to be the best is to strive to be the best..

For some reason I spontaniously decided to say something to this...I don't think creating music should be about being 'the best' ... I don't really know if that's what you meant, but either way, it doesn't seem there can be a 'best' when it comes to music/art... yes there are of course, the best(s), and I agree Tool is definetly in that categorey (for a good ammount of people), but it seems to me the closest anyone can get to surpassing the best, would be standing right next to them.  There are too many preferences on what exactly the best is.. =/

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#1875427 - 09/02/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thought maybe  this was appropriate.  :smirk:

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
    #1875469 - 09/02/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this WOULD be a big pain in the ass to do, but I think that "Bottom" would be a good song to do, very simple so even some novices could do it, and plexus might give the guitar part a try, our band used to cover that song, and quite well if I remember :smirk:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1875542 - 09/02/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I made a remix of 3rd eye.

I would love do add vocals into a track. I would love to do H, Lateralus, or Hush. I just don't have a mic. Any suggestions on getting a mic or finding a way to record my voice?

I could easily make a kick-ass track if I had vocals over a beat. I would also need some guitar samples from people who paly guitar or something. We don't have to all use the same program, just as long as the file formats are all good, we shouldn't have a problem.

I could use real drum samples and mix them with a few more electronic beats

I also propose we move this thread to the MA&L forum.  :pill2:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#1875865 - 09/02/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Blastrid said:

What I would LOVE to do is have a shroomery.com Lateralus Study, where we might shape some conceptual/theoretical/musical ideas of the album and its songs.  Maybe we could find a way to merge our research and study and do somethin with it?

I think we should to this too...  :smile:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#1875909 - 09/02/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am a drummer , and like the music tool makes , i have an 8 piece pearl wtih 4 toms a floor tom 2 bass drums and a snare , not to mention 2 crash cymbals , a ride cymbal , a china cymbal , and a high hat

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Gorian]
    #1875998 - 09/02/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Can you keep 4 beats going at the same time?

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Gorian]
    #1876178 - 09/02/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

that's cool, pearl sets are the shit.

But, my buddy loves tool, has a huge set cuz he has lots of money and can't play worth dick.

Billy Martin's kit is like a 2 tom, crash & ride kit-not too big, and he is the shit.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

#1876296 - 09/03/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I still want in, but I dont know what I could contribute.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1876703 - 09/03/03 04:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, yeah, it would be a LOT better to do our own improvs within the song strucure itself. Keep it fresh, new, and exciting, while still TOOL.

And I don't think music is about being the "best", either. Well, I do, but the best of your own abilities. Not like a competition, "my band is better than your band" kind of thing, but seriously striving to do the fucking best that you can do.. putting that much energy into something shows and it pays off, as well.

And I think the idea of studying the albums themselves is a very good idea, too. We could study it, learn what is going on on, and then use that same structure to add on and put our stamp on it. Just get creative and a little crazy, that is all it is about..

We could add more electronic elements into the songs, too, and all sorts of stuff like that, just expanding the elements in the songs in all directions. I think, too, that they would appreciate it a lot more if we worked on going in different directions, doing something with their ideas, and then even using the same mentality to make a few originals.

It would still be a month or two until I would want to start recording stuff and throwing around ideas, I don't even have my bass right now, but we can continue to discuss this and get plans moving in that direction.. There are a lot of good, cheap microphones around, too, I guess. It doesn't take much, just as long as it works and isn't all shitty..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1876817 - 09/03/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I think finding someone to do a good enough task with Maynard's vocals would be the biggest problem.

I enjoy tool and am an experienced vocalist.

I don't sound exactly like maynard, but I can sing his music.

I think this would be fun. I woud be willing to give it a shot.

BTW, I also play the keyboard. Imagine trying to incorporate that into a song like schism! :crazy:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/03/03 07:04 AM)

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: sirreal]
    #1876906 - 09/03/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds good fireworks :smile: 
I also like the idea of studying their albums..learning more about the intentional set-up and suggestions seemingly integrated in their music will really add to the overall ammount of emotion and energy put into re-creating it.  I'm not sure exactly what I could contribute since you will be the bassist, but I'd really like to get involved somehow.  I know you said we could switch for different songs, but I guess we'll probably have to see how the first song goes before really thinking about playing a bunch of them.  I mean, if each re-created song were worked on inside-out, they are all going to take some time.  But I think each one has the potential to be a masterpiece if everyone plays their cards right. 

Maybe you should hold some kind of 'auditions' or something for people that are interested..perhaps somehow EVERYONE that is interested can somehow contribute something..I guess we'll have to see what kind of ideas pop up as time goes on.

I agree with Murex, it's might a good idea to move this thread to the Music, Art, and Literature forum.  heh. Maybe a song could even be done for the shroomery cd, if it's not too late?  :smile:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1876968 - 09/03/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sirreal, if you are interested, it would be great.

There is no problem at all with having more than one person involved with one instrument, and I don't think an audition would be good, just as long as everyone involved is interested and will be able to contribute something..

Yeah, the Music forum is indubiantly a better place for this, but I wanted this to stay in this forum as long as possible, and it has been working so far..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

#1877859 - 09/03/03 02:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years, I live and breathe TOOL's music and I would be able to lay down any guitar track. Very interested.

I am about to start uni, so my schedule will be hectic, but if I had a decent drum beat, I could lay guitar tracks over it no sweat.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Euphoria]
    #1878053 - 09/03/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

University of Northern Iowa? Ahh.. I used to live in Iowa.. of course, now I am in Norway and am bass-less (but not for long, suckers). :grin:

I have been thinking about this whole idea a lot, and it comes off as very interesting, creative, and it would be quite the experience in general.. it is just too much of a shame that I wouldn't be able to contribute for about a month. We can keep throwing around some ideas for awhile now, though, find out who is definitely interested, make some decisions, get some sort of forum set up for easy communication, and start throwing ideas around of what songs we will be doing, what we want to be doing with each song.. say maybe we want to do some strings here, or maybe a harmony bass line (my favourite, thank you) here..

The concept is still being conceputalized, but not too long from now I think we will all be making it come true.. I mean, why not? We'd come up with some very interesting and inspiring music, and that should be enough in the first place. I mean, for all of us considering music as a career to be entered; I definitely want to spend my time doing this, and it would be a big step in that direction...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1878233 - 09/03/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The more I think about it, the more interested I become.

This could give us musicians some serious learning experience. You know, we could learn from one another.

I really like the idea of writing some original shit together.

This could be cool. :cool: 

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1878772 - 09/03/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Don't you think this would work better if you guys from Shroomery. org did this?

I mean, those people at Shroomery.com are so  :nut:

:grin: 

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1878774 - 09/03/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

But it is a cool idea and I would love to hear the final product.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1880420 - 09/04/03 05:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I believe we have found a place with a message board (thanks, ekomstop) that we would be able to coordinate our efforts, and whatnot, so that'd be great, we can start tossing around ideas and such. It'll be just a couple of days, I guess, to get everything set up right to do that.

I mean, in addition to us who are going to be doing either some recording with our instruments (and vocals) or some programming, we can include people that are just interested in the project and learning from it, so we can have some other perspectives and we can all learn a lot more from this.. They could also listen to what we have so far, etc, be the review board or whatnot... and once we have something completed, it may be possible to leak it to the shroomery.org (yes, .org)'s general public..

I mean, what might start out with us taking some creative liberties within some TOOL songs might end up with us creating a lot of inspiring music of our own, and it would be quite great as we all have different influences which would be centered around one main influence.. It is true, the more I think about it, too, the better this sounds and more of the endless possibilites of this are realized..

Sirreal, if you could describe what your voice sounds like (in comparison to some singers already out ther), that'd be great.. Especially if you have a sound all of your own. Who knows, when my band is put together when I come back from Norway, the only member of the group that we are lacking right now is a vocalist..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1880554 - 09/04/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Sirreal, if you could describe what your voice sounds like (in comparison to some singers already out ther), that'd be great.. Especially if you have a sound all of your own. Who knows, when my band is put together when I come back from Norway, the only member of the group that we are lacking right now is a vocalist..
Peace.

Well, I have a similar sound to aaron lewis of stain, I guess.But, I have worked on my own sound.I feel pretty confident about my voice.

I am a baritone,basically. I have actually developed my vocals so I can go a little higher.

I have been in quite a few bands and am pretty comfortable with that whole atmosphere.I love it.

I also play rhythm guitar (well enough to write ,anyway)and have written alot of music. Alternative and hard rock mostly.

I'll put something up for you guys to sample sometime soon.When I have the time.I need to set something up.

And fireworks, if you like what you hear, we'll have to get in touch.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1881074 - 09/04/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Myself, I would be highly capable of some good Jaymz Hetfield vocals, too, very bassy tone I have, but I would have to learn how to use these vocal cords, and lessons would be in order..

For my band, though, I want a singer that is JUST the singer. I mean, the guitar players should only be concerned with playing the guitar and making a show of it, and the vocalist should be the one who really works the crowd into a frenzy.. I am thinking of that movie with the band Stillwater, the crazy singer going on about how "he gets everyone off, and he looks for the one person not getting off and then starts to get him off..." hehe

But, yeah, that is another benefit of this, being able to connect with other like-minded musicians and maybe making something more out of that connection.. I am definitely interested in hearing you, man.

I am really tired tonight, but this weekend I will start work with ekomstomp to getting the bulletin board set up, so those interested in this can be communicating effectively there.

This, once again, is for the musicians who want to record, the music programmers for the more electronic elements, the music fans who want to learn more about the TOOL way of making music, and the ones who are interested in this in general, can't contribute musically, but who's insight we would value to keep us working in the right direction...

Once it is set up, we can get everyone organized there and then start working out ideas on what we want to do with the songs we choose, all sorts of details along those lines and how we will go about this..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePyronate
Prying open mythird eye

Loc: Forever I walk among the ...
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Murex]
    #1881582 - 09/04/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Murex said:
I made a remix of 3rd eye.

...remix of Third Eye? That's like saying you rewrote and restructured the Odyssey, or LOTR or something. It's a near-perfect epic construct of music and ideas as it is... I can't imagine what could be done to improve it.

As far as the rest of the thread: I also am a fan of Disposition/Reflection/Triad... without doubt my favorite Tool compilation. As for the project you have in mind: I can't even conceive of developing music based on Tool and having it sound good, or making decent versions of their songs...

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom... keep that in mind at all times."

--Bill Hicks (RIP)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Pyronate]
    #1881827 - 09/04/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pyronate said:
As far as the rest of the thread: I also am a fan of Disposition/Reflection/Triad... without doubt my favorite Tool compilation. As for the project you have in mind: I can't even conceive of developing music based on Tool and having it sound good, or making decent versions of their songs...

Yeah, but I guess we are crazy enough to try.. But I guess that it would still sound pretty good, considering it is TOOL that we are working with.

I mean, to take on a project like this is going to require a lot of focus, and just deciding to make some songs isn't a lot of focus. Having a very specific idea to try to work with, expand on, and then even make our own songs within that basic idea is going to be a lot more productive and more satisfying, until some experience of working together is built up..

I mean, why hold low standards? I say shoot for the moon: you probably won't get there, but at least you will end up a lot higher than ground level..

And, I guess, the main motivation towards this: Having fun and doing something we love.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1882174 - 09/04/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bah! It isn't all that great. It's more of a 3rd eye-like ambient-techno track. I couldn't sample all the vocals, just a few here and there. I made it sound a bit ominous, and not like a song.

It really just started when I made a cool beat that reminded me of 3rd eye, so I later found myself making a remix-ish track.

If you want, you can download it from my site. It's volume is a little too low, but I'll fix that soon.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

#1882972 - 09/04/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pyronate said:
I can't even conceive of developing music based on Tool and having it sound good, or making decent versions of their songs...

I thought the same thing until I got together with some talented musicians and we made it work, oh and the old stuff is MUCH easier, really easy in fact, the only problem is vocals.

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

#1882986 - 09/04/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

just keep in mind guys, making this sound good is NOT impossible, just hard, it'll take some dedication and hard work.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1885086 - 09/05/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think I'll start a thread for the dissection of Tool's music.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
    #1887955 - 09/06/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah right. Good luck guys. Recording a few songs with a band is pain in the ass enough, and I've heard very few amateur recordings that don't sound like shit. Trying to coordinate all of this would just be a nightmare. And for what? So we have a really crappy mock up of an album that has already been released? Changing the songs is another story all together. What are you going to do, email each other sheet music? And then of course argue about the changes. No offense, but this whole thing is a really bad idea.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Demiurge]
    #1887964 - 09/06/03 07:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There are probably a few ways something like this could get accomplished. If a drummer were able to record the drumming to an entire song to a file, he could then send the recording to a bassist. The bassist could then use a program such as acid to integrate the bass into the recording. Next comes guitars. Then vocals. This might not by the easiest way, and is probably not the only way, but that's sort of method that basically comes to my mind when thinking of a possible way to get something like this going..

It's definitely not impossible, but yeah, it would be a challenge, thats for sure. But the fact that it's going to be difficult isn't exactly a reason to say fuck it and not try at all.

Perhaps a few made up 'easier' tracks could be composed and played around with to get a feel for whatever recording method is chosen.. Hell.. Even if Tool ends up being too difficult to cover in this manner, I'm sure some interesting music could come out of this regardless.

I for one am pretty interested to see what would result if this idea was taken seriously by even just a few musicians. I mean, not even 10 years ago, the thought of creating music with someone on the other side of the country, without leaving your houses none the less, was probably impossible. Now days, it almost seems like an obvious thing to do. Not all people who love to create music have the chance to play and work with other people..We are pretty fortunate to have this so called..'modern' technology, that makes communication with basically the entire planet possible. Shouldn't this be taken advantage of? I mean, it's possible for anyone to contribute their creative abilities into something if they so desired. Tool covers or not, I think this idea rocks, and hope it is worked with until something everyone is happy with is created.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1888029 - 09/06/03 08:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh, recording a few songs with a band isn't all that bad. As long as you aren't continously fighting because the bassist and the drummer is making fun of the guitarist's Man-Beast girlfriend constantly.. :grin:

This is all about trying something new with music, getting a little creative, learning the art of compromise (which is essential for making music with others) and just exploring music by actually making it.

I don't see it as being a nightmare. I will start getting skomstop's forums together in a couple of days, and everyone that is interested in helping with this will be brought there. We will start discussion about what songs we feel like doing, and what we think we really want to stick with and what we would like to expand on... We will also start discussing how we should go about setting up a system to start making the music. I won't be able to record myself for a couple of weeks yet, because I won't have my bass yet, but I could program my parts out on MIDI for the time being..

A challenge? Yes. Well worth it? Hell motherfucker yeah. You don't have to take part if you don't want to, but that is entirely up to you.. I guess this requires people with a little more of a positive attitude, people who are willing to expand their knowledge of music and working with others and will look towards how to make something work instead of constantly pointing out everything that won't..

Push the envelope, watch it bend..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1893870 - 09/08/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I just found a post of mine that was suspossed to be in this thread, but mysteriously made it into another thread of mine..

"Now that I am thinking about it, we might get involved with some of TOOL's influences as well, to see where these ideas originally came from, and so forth..

Hehe, I was listening to Rush when I was making that last post, and started thinking about how great the connection between the two is... I mean, now that I think of it, it is very similar:

The very talented and melodic bass player. The crazy drum virtuoso. The very complex arrangement of music. There are some good similiarities between Maynard and Geddy Lee, although Maynard certainly doesn't shriek.. and a lot of the concepts behind the songs themselves.

Of course, this also brings in Pink Floyd as well. We, of course, wouldn't necessarily spend a lot of time with these two bands, but just some to see where TOOL is coming from..

Anyways, yeah.
Peace. "

But, anyways, I haven't started getting the forums set up yet with ekomstop to get them all ready and everything, but I soon will be..

By the way, doesn't anyone post on this message board in general? I always check back on this post and no one has really replied to ANY of the messages..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

#1894416 - 09/08/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We iz lazy here in the MA&L forum.

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#1895168 - 09/08/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

everywhere is eyes but seldom do they reply.

Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Patriots Nation
    #1895198 - 09/08/03 04:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

*cry*

i wanna play too...*sniffle*

no time.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #1897205 - 09/09/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am back to my old self, as far as my state of mind and all, so I think I will get ahold of ekomstop and start organizing shit tonight. As of right now, I have to go mop the floors... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
    #1901599 - 09/10/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

schism and stinkfist are the only tool songs i can play (well, not properly, but as similar sounding as you can get out of a 5 piece drum kit). I'd like to contribute, though Gorian is probably better suited to the task.

that reminds me, last year maynard offered drugs too my piercer and i got to share a drink bottle with danny carey, i figured that i'd absorb some of his drum playing skill by consuming some of his saliva. . .

I didn't get the opportunity too suck his cock though  :wink:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Zildjian]
    #1902949 - 09/10/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nice! What kind of drugs did Maynard offer?

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
    #1909066 - 09/12/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

some mysterious purple pills from a small green box, not unlike the one I keep my jewelery in.

When maynard was in christchurch, he visited a bar called RPMs where he recieved a blow job in the toilets from some groupie, he was talking about it on stage. Anyway, my piercer happened to be at the bar having a few drinks with the owners who happened to be his friends. I think maynard went up to say thankyou to the owners for their hospitality when he ran into my piercer. Apparently the conversation consisted of "hey, nice ears! anyone want some drugs?"

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1911472 - 09/12/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have been playing guitar for ten years and I can play the Grudge almost perfectly now. I have perfected forty six and two all accept for the last drum solo but I can improvise it really good. If I took the time I could. Its all about memorizing when he does what. I can play Triad for the most part anyways. I can also play Ticks and leaches the whole thing. I can also play Lateralus. Hmm what else can I play from that album... I know there is one more but I cant remember!!

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Glacius]
    #1911547 - 09/13/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah the patent is one I am working on at the moment I will prolly be able to perfect it within the month. I can play some of parabol and most of parabola as well. Basically I can paly the whole album but some parts need working on of coarse!! Anyways I think I am the guitar player your looking for!! I also can record music to me computer and can do any digital guitar effects you guys have in mind. I have an effects prossesing unit that I can hook any instrument into to and then it goes via MIDI to the computer for recording. I do not have a good recording and composition/editing program so you guys will have to hook me up somehow with some good software!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1911565 - 09/13/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
Quote:

I think finding someone to do a good enough task with Maynard's vocals would be the biggest problem.

I enjoy tool and am an experienced vocalist.

I don't sound exactly like maynard, but I can sing his music.

I think this would be fun. I woud be willing to give it a shot.

BTW, I also play the keyboard. Imagine trying to incorporate that into a song like schism! :crazy: 

I know the peices fit but I watched them fall away
bubbling and burning fundamental bong smoking
ive done the math enough to know the dangers of our getting high
but I dont care it doesnt matter I will smoke it all the time

I know the peices fit but I watched them tumble down
Police raids and evil cops the furry burning in my eyes
Ive smoked the bong enough to know that its so important to get high
and even if I fall asleep what I created was so worth it

hahahahahaha

Anyways the singer for our band can sing tool so well you cant tell the difference sometimes. I will get the mike online and send a sample of him singing schism ASAP if you guys want. He is Damein the guy who wrote shadows of our lives with me. The most talented singer I have ever met. The most talented indevifual for that matter.

--------------------
addicted to reason

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1911586 - 09/13/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah and I can play schism too but thats a given. Who would learn that album without leaning schism its one of the best songs. I cant play Reflection at all I wish I could though!! There are a few parts in Schism that I have not been able to figure out yet. They arent even in any of the tabs on the net so I have to figure it out totally by myself. Usually I learn the tab and change it areound till its right but some tabs dont even incluce important riffs in the song!!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1911890 - 09/13/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The bulletin boards are almost done and ready for us to start inhabiting; me and ekomstop have been working them into shape.

For the moment, we will only start throwing ideas around, discussing what songs we should do, setting up some procedure that we will use to start working on this, basically setting up a system that we will use to get these done creatively and efficently.

I have a friend who plays keyboard, and he has a cracked version of a really good recording software that lets you listen to what has been recorded as it is recording, and other good shit like that, so that will definitely be available for us to use (don't remember the name at the moment).

My bass guitar I should be getting in a week or two; I get paid the 20th and I will then order it from a place in Oslo that will ship it to me. It will be a couple of days before I get back to my old self on it, as I haven't played for two months now, but I will be ready to start learning the songs and get ready for doing this.

Anyways, in a day or two everyone who is interested in either helping out by recording something or is either just interested in learning about TOOL's music and want to help us along the way, giving comments and so forth, will be sent the address of the forums and be asked to sign up.

If you haven't yet said that you would be interested or anything, or you just came acrossed this, post on here saying you would, and I will send the address to you, too.

Anyways, this should be a lot of fun and we should do a pretty good job, I think. The experience doing something like this will be the biggest pay off, I think.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1911915 - 09/13/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

YAAAAY this is going to be sooooo cool!!! I have always dreamed of doing a tribute to tool!!! Or even just being able to play the music with other people that have as much of a passion as I do for tool music!! I love you guys lets get together and do some good old fassioned jamming!! Haha this is great!! And Its great about that program I have not been able to find something like that for free that does not have some stupid catch. Like those demos that only let you edit two tracks at a time or only let you record 60 seconds and other stupid shit!!

And for those of you who think we cant pull this off your wrong!! My band has a very good understanding of tool music and I know we can pull this off. If people here know as much about tool music as I do I think we have a chance!!! Long live our project!! Maybe we can even meet tool becuase of this or something. Think of how much we will learn!!

Personally If I record a guitar part I will need a program like that because I need the tool music playing at the same time I play it!! That way it will sound almost perfect. All the recordings should be done while playing along with lateralus because then we wont get what I call the "bad timing effect". If I record the guitar and am off then someone else records the drums from my recording and is a little off from that then it will just keep getting worse and worse.

We can do this all we need is a fucking amazing drummer!! I can do guitar so its all good you guys dont have to worry I am really good at playing tool. Consider me the guitar player(unless you think I suck but I dont think you will). I have spent countless hours understanding Tools music so yeah lets do this thing!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1912040 - 09/13/03 06:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Your enthusiasm is contagious, man! :grin: This is the kind of attitude that we all need.

The songs will be pretty close to the originals, but we are going to be taking some creative liberties, so to speak. There are a lot of parts that I would love to expand on, and all of that, maybe add some new stuff as well, while keeping it all in the same vein. I think it would be neat to add some more synths and trance elements, as well, and me and ekomstop are going to do a couple of harmony lines.. heh

This is all about being fun and creative, and turning out with something that we can really be proud of. I do believe that TOOL would be interested in hearing it, too.

As far as the process we will use, we will start to get into all of that when we are all in our own forum.

The biggest benefit on working on this would be the oppurtunity to put together our own, completely original songs, something I would really like to do once we really have the process of putting together songs down. It wouldn't get any better than that.

And just because we will have say Glacius working on the guitar parts or me and ekomstop on bass guitar, that doesn't mean we will be the only ones! If anyone else is interested at all and would really like the oppurtunity to lend a hand in this, I would actually prefer it like this. One person could do one part, another person doing another part, just making this an encompassing, cooperative effort.

So let me know, it won't be very long now before the bulletin board is ready to go and we can begin discussing, and not long after that when we will actually start working on these songs.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1912050 - 09/13/03 06:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Right on!! If we have a lot of guitar players or whatever each one could do one song!! This would help cuz then the people that are good at certain songs can do those ones without having to go into the very long and tough process of learning the songs they dont know.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #1912652 - 09/13/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would love to be a part of this!

But my time is REALLY limited right now.I am swamped. I will be following this and will try my best to contribute.

And glacius, I have yet to experiment with the info. you sent me. I will when I have enough time.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinecerebral gortex

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: sirreal]
    #1922544 - 09/16/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

back to the first page

Edited by cerebral gortex (09/16/03 05:58 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #1924133 - 09/17/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cerebral gortex said:
back to the first page

Yeah, man, thanks. :grin:

News on this: I will be getting my bass this Saturday, so I will definitely get this going basically today. The forum should be ready, so I will just make a couple of posts to lead some discussion involving different aspects of this and I will then send anyone that expressed their interest or will be playing an instrument the address so we can begin to get this beast moving.

One of the more important things about this project is that after we get some TOOL songs done and whatnot, I think it would be great if we used the same process that we used for them and come up with some original songs; that is when the creativity will really start to ooze out of our speakers.. heh.

But yeah, if anyone is interested in helping out with discussion or to help direct us in the right direction, or you play an instrument and want to help out, and you haven't replied yet or said you would be interested, now is your chance to do so, so I can get you the link to the forum.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinecerebral gortex

#1926066 - 09/17/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure if ill be able to contribute, but ill be keeping a close eye on the progress...

i play the bass too. :smile:

Edited by cerebral gortex (09/17/03 05:28 PM)

Offlinelateralus
    #1926455 - 09/17/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Give me the link to the board when ya make it. Im a drummer and I am a big fan of Danny Careys drumming. Ive played drums for 13 years, hopefully I can add something;)

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: lateralus]
    #12748318 - 06/15/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So... :rasta:

--------------------

Invisiblemadpsilo
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: WScott]
    #12750681 - 06/16/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I own a 1979 silverburst like adam and I know how to play every single tool song. I'm down.

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: madpsilo]
    #12751195 - 06/16/10 07:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty good at guitar, so obviously I'd love to be part of this.

--------------------
______________________________________________________________________________________
everyone's life ends but no one ever completes it

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: m_m]
    #12753617 - 06/16/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is 6 years old!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #12753681 - 06/16/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
This is 6 years old!

:cool:

--------------------

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

#12755484 - 06/16/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm3:

--------------------
______________________________________________________________________________________

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #12758632 - 06/17/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Guess theyre still workin on it...

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #12762847 - 06/18/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This reminds me of the Modest Mouse tribute album that was going to be done by the modmouse.com forum :tongue2: It was basically just a bunch of people (me included) recording Modest Mouse cover and posting them in a thread. It would have been cool, but the date kept being pushed back, then the message board just ceased to exist all of the sudden :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

#12764185 - 06/18/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Someone needs to actually make something.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#12764450 - 06/18/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:

Someone needs to actually make something.

:lol:

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #12766017 - 06/18/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i know adam's niece. if someone gets around to actually producing it, i'd pass it along to her.

i'd help but my guitar skills are pretty horrible.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals