Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: koraks]
    #14719732 -

PinballWizard said:
koraks said:
I used to play the violin. I quit about a year ago though. The 'return on investment' was too low: I got very little out of it, but I had to put in a lot of time and practice. Still a shame though; I'd been playing since I was 4, so that's >25 years.



My violin teacher told me of a phD dissertation she read explaining that learning violin is the single most difficult thing a human being can do (from an objective, non-emotional standpoint).  No reason to quit.



The single most difficult thing a human being can do? :rolleyes:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #14719753 -

The wording may have been a bit different, but it was along those lines.

I tried Googling "violin most difficult thing" and "violin most difficult human" and my own Shroomery post keeps popping up. :shiftyeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #14719782 -

Anyone else finds that weed increase your creativity 10 times?

Too bad i stopped smoking, but back then i remember sourcing ideas like they were on tap


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #14719788 -

I've played the drum set for 10 years now.  My friends and I jam together for fun, we aren't an "official band" I guess.  But we're really good in my opinion.

I also jam on my electric piano... hours of endless fun.  I played the cornet (slightly smaller than a trumpet) from 4th grade to 10th grade.

I also like to make songs on my computer using FL Studio 9/10.

Here's a psy/goa trance track I made (NOTE: I made this using the FL Studio 10 DEMO in one day):

Edited by ShroomXolomilco (07/05/11 10:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14719789 -

BTW Sunset i have your ayahuasca trance in my folder , i will listen your other stuff soon


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14719808 -

I've recently started making my own stuff.

I have some tracks half finished, but nothing completely done yet. It seems like each song I have started seems to be a different style of music :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14719999 -

sunset_mission said:
Ayahuascic Trance (made during my 1st Ayahuasca experience a year ago)






i enjoyed this immensely. gonna check out the others


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: x Ju x]
    #14720011 -

I'm a musician, I guess. But I can't really play any instruments in the live sense. I just make shit with Reason 3, which I don't think is all that bad. Check it out if you got nothing going on. I'd recommend starting with the More to Life EP preview, Techno Cality, or Inyer Space to get an idea of what I'm up to these days.

I have a very hard time placing myself in any sort of genre.

Oh, and what the hell. I'll give you guys a song that I don't have on my site yet because it's being saved for something else entirely. Enjoy.

EDIT: Here, have another. This one's got a lot of dreamy/cheerful electro-sounding ambience over semi-complex mellow beats. Dunno if I'll ever finish it.

Edited by Gill (07/05/11 11:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Gill]
    #14720050 -

I've been a drummer for a while. Started as a percussionist in school band, only recently got good at drum set in the last few years. Taught myself piano, which was easy enough already knowing keyboard instruments from percussion.  Also have a bass guitar, so I can do some pretty basic improv on that as well.

Here's something I'm still working on:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #14720051 -

beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #14720067 -

I play guitar mostly, but piano, drums, bass or what ever ends up in my hands as well.

I'm the guy with all the pins on my hat playing the telecaster. This was a random jam after smoking a bunch of Salvia leaf, good times.


--------------------
Drift in the sound, let it take you away
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Gotlib]
    #14720076 -

Butt-Head said:
beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot !



:feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Beanhead]
    #14720179 -

One thing that i havent touched so far is lyrics. But theyre sometimes essential piece of dance music. Gotta find myself a sexy little club babe with northern english accent :crazy2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #14720191 -

@sunset_mission: Oh wow. I've been listening to Ayahuascic Trance for awhile now, and I gotta say that the repetitive drumline lends itself a certain charm for a track like this. Super digging it over here. Well played.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Gill]
    #14720309 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14720420 -

p.s nexus is a VST and should work with any program that supports VST's...although nexus 2 is out now and there is a vast amount of torrents with nexus AND the expansions ~6.5 gigs with fl studio.


--------------------
Drift in the sound, let it take you away
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority
Think For Yourself, Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: singlecoil]
    #14720443 -

yeah there are HUNDREDS expansion packages for Nexus, and each cost 55 Euros!!! :crankey::dudewtf:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: desant]
    #14720449 -

i've been practicing guitar pretty consitantly (1 hour+) a day for like 2 years now, finally starting to get where my solo recordings sound alright and starting a band with my roommate, we're gonna be fucking trippy and awesome as shit!  The youtube link in my sig is just some funny little thing i made, but i've got much better stuff than that, maybe i'll upload it if i can find the motivation


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: Gill]
    #14720484 -

desant said:
BTW Sunset i have your ayahuasca trance in my folder , i will listen your other stuff soon



Hope you dig it!

boxcarguy07 said:
sunset_mission said:
Ayahuascic Trance (made during my 1st Ayahuasca experience a year ago)






i enjoyed this immensely. gonna check out the others



If you enjoyed that style then you should probably check out the album I made called Thelemic Entheogenesis, the songs on it all follow that style (websites here: http://godwidevoid.blogspot.com)

Gill said:
@sunset_mission: Oh wow. I've been listening to Ayahuascic Trance for awhile now, and I gotta say that the repetitive drumline lends itself a certain charm for a track like this. Super digging it over here. Well played.



I'll make the same recommendation to you as well for the aforementioned album to check out. Yeah I tried to capture the ultra floaty, dreamlike feel of my experience but the breakbeats are there to prevent it from getting "too" floaty, y'know? Just like Ayahuasca, you are grounded but simultaneously swimming in the ether somewhere.

Same style:

Brahman


The download link for the album it's on (the one I just rec'd) is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5io9g5avfi8th57

:shrug: It's not an album I advertised too much. It's pretty minimalistic.

---------------

As for other musical endeavors I've been in a short-lived Melodic Death/Doom Metal band before (guitarist), I was a keyboardist for 2 black metal bands and me and my buddies recently formed a band together... that I'm doing vocals for. I'm pretty iffy on vocals. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any musicians on shroomery? [Re: sunset_mission]
    #14720561 -

Played piano since 14. Picked up drums at 18 and played in several bands. Next month will be my third year of playing guitar, and I'm eager to find new musician friends since moving to California.

m00zik is soothing for the soul.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ableton Live: Mixing Software dblaney 2,843 15 05/23/07 06:17 PM
by Osker246
* Post deleted by Anno Anonymous 1,034 12 08/23/04 12:37 AM
by Fliquid
* Shroomery Musicians Thread
( 1 2 3 all )
sui 7,184 44 12/25/04 03:04 AM
by sui
* ableton question... skatealex2 1,054 16 04/06/10 08:47 PM
by elementswrath
* ableton queries indica 457 0 01/19/09 11:30 PM
by indica
* Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
fireworks_godS 14,975 81 06/18/10 09:04 PM
by JT
* anyone ever got to play with ableton live? sherm 791 6 10/11/05 05:01 PM
by Anisotropic
* ableton is pretty cool! beneath 728 3 11/20/07 05:36 AM
by Psilobuds

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
4,766 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.