Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineyumyumdoodoo
Stranger
Re: What do you want to say? [Re: Mistah_Maunastat]
    #3339703 - 11/10/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

music makes me feel like yum yum doo doo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: sui]
    #3350218 - 11/12/04 04:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good thread, only read the first post btw..  :grin:

-(

I create music because I feel the need to spread myself. And I believe that when others listen to my music, a part of my person will be inserted into the listener. A certain view of things I have, imbedded in my music.

Music means the only pure form of love to me, the language which can be understood by every human on the globe. As in life there is real and fake love, music has commercial (empty) music and non-commercial (raw from the artist) music.

Currently my plans are to kill all my site except for http://www.fliquid.com which is beeing moved to a differend host at the moment. I will upload some new tracks there, and make it my base. The place where all the information concerning Fliquid comes from.

Furthermore I want to start doing live shows as soon as I've build up a large collection of loops and effects (made by me).

If I should ever become very succesful I want to regather the M.O.M./A.H.P. crew again and make a commercial (but not the bad kind) cd with the guys and publish it as well.

)-

Any questions? Ask! :laugh:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #3351551 - 11/12/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

why do i play music....

Everyone needs a release, a way to dump whats on their mind, a way to express themselves.  I use music for this.

Started playing piano when i was really young, took lessons for like 5 years...then quit to play guitar.

Ive played the guitar since 7th grade in junior high, and am currently trying to launch a musical career.  I am intensly studying music theory at school, and driving myself like  slave to get a large knowledge base before i graduate from USC in a semester.

I have a PRS CE22

A Seagull Artist Mahogany
(currently in the shop :frown: )

A Crate GFX1200h head and 4x12 combo
(hoping to upgrade this to a 5150 II this summer)

I'm involved in 3 musical projects.

First one ive posted alot of on here, kind of a folky music where i play lead, and my friend plays and sings rythm.

Second is an attempt to do something original and fun with a heavier alternative mindset...more to metal/hardcore...but not all the way there.

Third is a solo project, compiling jams into songs and recording those to put on an album.

So i spend monday through friday meeting with fellow musicians on these projects to record/practice/create/express.

But its fun as hell :smile:

(me on the right with my seagull)

(homebuilt guitar that Geokills is currently using)

(why not, signed les paul by Satch, Vai, Petrucci, and gilbert)

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: Kremlin]
    #3351899 - 11/12/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Music connects me to my essence. I can become almost entranced when drumming, dancing, or playing guitar.Playing music and really feeling it come from the heart is my own version of a religious experience.

Im gettin ready to go to Music Tech college...Idk if any of you have ever heard of it but check it out.

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

OfflineWolfe3001
journeyman

Loc: Calgary
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: MellowMood]
    #3359138 - 11/14/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I create music becaue I have an inner drive to do so. It really eludes better description, I just feel a need that only goes away when I play music. It's even better when I write music.

Some of it is somewhat Ed Wood-ish, but what the hell, I like Ed Wood.

--------------------
They are in love. Fuck the War.

Edited by Wolfe3001 (11/14/04 08:37 AM)

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: Wolfe3001]
    #3359389 - 11/14/04 10:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Music is my most favorite thing in the entire world.

So why not make music?

--------------------

OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: abhi]
    #3359832 - 11/14/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I love bassing when I'm less then sober.. It gives you this strange buzz knowing that for some reason you're playing on this wooden contraption with metal strings and placing your fingers on it to create a certain sound/effect which can work with something someone else is playing that sounds completely different.

Truly a beautiful thing is creating the most expressionate thing you can make without writing it out in clear letters/symbols..

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
    #3360875 - 11/14/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i play music so that i can get the ladies.

just kidding. i play music because its the most productive thing i can do, and i love it. and having people like the music i play is one of the greatest things ever.

www.brightlightfever.com

thats my band.

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: AmericaNightmare]
    #3362700 - 11/15/04 02:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Krem what artisy model seagull is that? You ever heard of Papino Audustino? check him out man, this guy does shit with an acoustic i could only do in my dreams(right now anyway :wink:)

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #3362702 - 11/15/04 02:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ive got the seagull Artist Mahogany Cedar.

I'll get an actual pic of it when i get it out of the shop :frown:

ive seen that name in the catalogue, i'll try to check it out

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3366177 - 11/15/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

suimush said:
Hey Krem what artisy model seagull is that? You ever heard of Papino Audustino? check him out man, this guy does shit with an acoustic i could only do in my dreams(right now anyway :wink:)

His name is: "Peppino D' Agostino", and I have his "A Glimpse of Times Past"....  He is absolutely AWSOME, and I agree with what you said about him....  Very intricate and distinctive original finger picking style....  I got the CD for $2, and knew nothing about him at the time....  One of those very lucky "by chance" finds in the bargain bin....!   

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3367507 - 11/16/04 02:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i know i forgot the D' and misspelled his name i was kinda stoned and drunk when i posted that just skipped right over it. I met him like a year ago. me and my friend were in the waterfront of my home town writin some music and this dude walks up and says that his daughter wanted to hear us play, so we played them a couple songs and him and his daughter complimented our music. We said thanx and asked him if he played. He told us "eh.. i play a LITTLE". After that we said good night and he contnued on his walk. About six months later i was in a guitar class and they played one of his videos. After it was done i was like "HOLY FUCKIN SHIT, he told us he played a LITTLE" talk about a humble guy! I found out later he lives in the same town as me. Im trying to swing lessons but i cant get ahold of him :crying:

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (11/16/04 02:35 AM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3369975 - 11/16/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I wasn't trying to stiffle you, I just wanted to spell it right for people interested in doing a search on him.... Its all good, he is definately a musician that is well worth the time in checking out.... It would be really cool to have a few lessons from someone like that just to pick up some good new techniques....! Being humble is the only way that I would ever go.... I like the songs I write (because I make music that I like to hear), but I could/would never say that it is better than someone elses music, it is just a different slice of the mathematical pie.... Nowadays, I do it just for the pure enjoyment and personal gratification - usually alone.... If someone likes my stuff, cool, if not, cool.... Nobody will ever be the best, too many different personal tastes in style.... So to go around with the attitude or ego that you are the best just seems stupid to me.... On that note, I met Yngwee Malmsteen once.... What a pompus a$$hole.... I like his music, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him...! Seems like he would have more respect for his fans, they MADE him rich....

Oh well, different strokes for different folks.....!

It really shows you what kind of person Mr. Peppino really is.... He could have taken the wind right out of your sails just by playing a few of his tunes, instead he left the spotlight where it was.... Although, it would have been very cool to sit and watch him play up close and personal for sure...!

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3372942 - 11/17/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i totally agree. I play music because it feels great to just know that what you wrote came from you, that it had all the feelings and emotions that were going through you head get transfered into something that can be heard by others. I play music for PEOPLE. Like alot of popular musicians write their music for a particular fan base if you will, for the rockers, for the rappers, the blues, jazz. I cant be limited by a certain style i love it all. Music for the sake of music is what i allways say. were gonna start fuckin with somthing were calling blue jazz hop with attributes from hip hop blues and jazz itll be SSSWWWWWWEEEEEET

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineDogood
Stranger
    #3383668 - 11/19/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am a musician for many purposes.To express myself and something greater than I could ever be. To do my best to spread positve loving and enlightening vibes to everyone that happens to hear. But mostly to say thank you to JAH for allowing me to play(exist).
I say many thanks to everyone on this site(this earth, this spectrum of consciousness, and everyother).
JAH LOVE IRIE HEIGHTS POSITIVE

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3392825 - 11/21/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Music means a great deal to me. It's at the top of my list of favorite things. And it's one of the rare things that I am actually passionate about. I can express things in music that I wouldn't be able to express otherwise. I can play a variety of instruments very well and I am sure that if I tried others I would play them just as good. My primary instrument is guitar. But I now very occasionally play drums, bass, and keyboard/piano. I'd play everyday if it was possible, but because of my chronic pain it is very, very difficult to play even as much as I do now, which isn't much. And that kills me, not only because I don't get to enjoy playing and creating music and the feeling that is associated with it, but because I have a rare talent with these instruments that is hard to come by and if I played or practiced normally or as much as other people with skills similar to mine then I know I would be unbelievable. Normally, I would not talk about this, but I'm putting it out there for today. It's a very touchy subject because music means so much to me. And I've been dealing with this for years now and will have to for my entire life.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinejamaljaco
Stranger
Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: Locus]
    #3398939 - 11/23/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Music , what else is there?
I started playing on the violin when I was in 3rd grade, that was 30 years ago.. I now play a highly customized (to my specs)duel channel frettless bass that sounds like no other on earth.
If I couldn't play I think I would wilt away and die.
I believe in pure freeform self expression. I don't watch T fuckin' V or listen to any comerical music, in fact I really can't stand most music and strive to remain un-influenced. I believe in art for arts sake and despise folks who play for less pure motives.
I play solo' holding down several parts at the same time, usually a bass line, melody and percussion. I like to emulate treble instruments like sax and trumpet.
It's a rather empty and lonly feeling when you realize you've surpassed your heros.
Its way cool to have found a place to post some music to share with such open-minded folks. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3398721/an/0/page/0
Thanks for letting me share,, Jamal

Edited by jamaljaco (11/23/04 03:29 PM)

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomery Musicians Thread [Re: jamaljaco]
    #3419075 - 11/28/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Damn locus that sucks i dont know what id do if i couldnt play my music as much as i wanted. And Jamal fuck yeah art for arts sake. I allways say music for the sake of music.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#3445758 - 12/04/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Whats your worst live experience? Mine was at this thing at my old high school. Got no time to ssound check. it Wasnt our equipment. The electric was running through a BASS amp. And the acoustic was miked. IT SOUNDED LIKE SHIT! Man that sucked everyone said it sounded fine but they couldnt hear it when it sounds GOOD.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3445803 - 12/04/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I suppose I should get around to posting in here too.

I started playing guitar when I was fifteen, and kept playing heavily until I was seventeen. I was in an "old school euro trash punk" band called the Crownes (our original intent was that we had always called the 'head' of the penis a crown, so we wanted to name ourselves the dickheads :tongue:).. we just basically did kinks kinda stuff, but thrashier. My drummer moved away to Denver when I was seventeen, so we broke up. I started doing some electronica / guitar mix stuff, but my guitar had some problems, and I started doing plain electronica. I still make beats using Fruityloops Studio, or Reason 2.5.. for some reason my latest stuff has been going in a more hip hop direction, though I couldn't rap my way out of a paper bag.

I also did an improv punk band with two of my friends (my drummer and another friend of mine), with everyone switching up instruments between songs. That was one of the most fun projects I've ever done. Surprisingly, we stayed in time almost constantly, and with no bassist to worry about, key wasn't an issue. :wink:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies