Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: sirreal]
    #1911565 - 09/13/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
Quote:

I think finding someone to do a good enough task with Maynard's vocals would be the biggest problem.

I enjoy tool and am an experienced vocalist.

I don't sound exactly like maynard, but I can sing his music.

I think this would be fun. I woud be willing to give it a shot.

BTW, I also play the keyboard. Imagine trying to incorporate that into a song like schism! :crazy: 

I know the peices fit but I watched them fall away
bubbling and burning fundamental bong smoking
ive done the math enough to know the dangers of our getting high
but I dont care it doesnt matter I will smoke it all the time

I know the peices fit but I watched them tumble down
Police raids and evil cops the furry burning in my eyes
Ive smoked the bong enough to know that its so important to get high
and even if I fall asleep what I created was so worth it

hahahahahaha

Anyways the singer for our band can sing tool so well you cant tell the difference sometimes. I will get the mike online and send a sample of him singing schism ASAP if you guys want. He is Damein the guy who wrote shadows of our lives with me. The most talented singer I have ever met. The most talented indevifual for that matter.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Glacius]
    #1911586 - 09/13/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah and I can play schism too but thats a given. Who would learn that album without leaning schism its one of the best songs. I cant play Reflection at all I wish I could though!! There are a few parts in Schism that I have not been able to figure out yet. They arent even in any of the tabs on the net so I have to figure it out totally by myself. Usually I learn the tab and change it areound till its right but some tabs dont even incluce important riffs in the song!!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1911890 - 09/13/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The bulletin boards are almost done and ready for us to start inhabiting; me and ekomstop have been working them into shape.

For the moment, we will only start throwing ideas around, discussing what songs we should do, setting up some procedure that we will use to start working on this, basically setting up a system that we will use to get these done creatively and efficently.

I have a friend who plays keyboard, and he has a cracked version of a really good recording software that lets you listen to what has been recorded as it is recording, and other good shit like that, so that will definitely be available for us to use (don't remember the name at the moment).

My bass guitar I should be getting in a week or two; I get paid the 20th and I will then order it from a place in Oslo that will ship it to me. It will be a couple of days before I get back to my old self on it, as I haven't played for two months now, but I will be ready to start learning the songs and get ready for doing this.

Anyways, in a day or two everyone who is interested in either helping out by recording something or is either just interested in learning about TOOL's music and want to help us along the way, giving comments and so forth, will be sent the address of the forums and be asked to sign up.

If you haven't yet said that you would be interested or anything, or you just came acrossed this, post on here saying you would, and I will send the address to you, too.

Anyways, this should be a lot of fun and we should do a pretty good job, I think. The experience doing something like this will be the biggest pay off, I think.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1911915 - 09/13/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

YAAAAY this is going to be sooooo cool!!! I have always dreamed of doing a tribute to tool!!! Or even just being able to play the music with other people that have as much of a passion as I do for tool music!! I love you guys lets get together and do some good old fassioned jamming!! Haha this is great!! And Its great about that program I have not been able to find something like that for free that does not have some stupid catch. Like those demos that only let you edit two tracks at a time or only let you record 60 seconds and other stupid shit!!

And for those of you who think we cant pull this off your wrong!! My band has a very good understanding of tool music and I know we can pull this off. If people here know as much about tool music as I do I think we have a chance!!! Long live our project!! Maybe we can even meet tool becuase of this or something. Think of how much we will learn!!

Personally If I record a guitar part I will need a program like that because I need the tool music playing at the same time I play it!! That way it will sound almost perfect. All the recordings should be done while playing along with lateralus because then we wont get what I call the "bad timing effect". If I record the guitar and am off then someone else records the drums from my recording and is a little off from that then it will just keep getting worse and worse.

We can do this all we need is a fucking amazing drummer!! I can do guitar so its all good you guys dont have to worry I am really good at playing tool. Consider me the guitar player(unless you think I suck but I dont think you will). I have spent countless hours understanding Tools music so yeah lets do this thing!!

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1912040 - 09/13/03 06:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Your enthusiasm is contagious, man! :grin: This is the kind of attitude that we all need.

The songs will be pretty close to the originals, but we are going to be taking some creative liberties, so to speak. There are a lot of parts that I would love to expand on, and all of that, maybe add some new stuff as well, while keeping it all in the same vein. I think it would be neat to add some more synths and trance elements, as well, and me and ekomstop are going to do a couple of harmony lines.. heh

This is all about being fun and creative, and turning out with something that we can really be proud of. I do believe that TOOL would be interested in hearing it, too.

As far as the process we will use, we will start to get into all of that when we are all in our own forum.

The biggest benefit on working on this would be the oppurtunity to put together our own, completely original songs, something I would really like to do once we really have the process of putting together songs down. It wouldn't get any better than that.

And just because we will have say Glacius working on the guitar parts or me and ekomstop on bass guitar, that doesn't mean we will be the only ones! If anyone else is interested at all and would really like the oppurtunity to lend a hand in this, I would actually prefer it like this. One person could do one part, another person doing another part, just making this an encompassing, cooperative effort.

So let me know, it won't be very long now before the bulletin board is ready to go and we can begin discussing, and not long after that when we will actually start working on these songs.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

#1912050 - 09/13/03 06:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Right on!! If we have a lot of guitar players or whatever each one could do one song!! This would help cuz then the people that are good at certain songs can do those ones without having to go into the very long and tough process of learning the songs they dont know.

--------------------
addicted to reason

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1912652 - 09/13/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would love to be a part of this!

But my time is REALLY limited right now.I am swamped. I will be following this and will try my best to contribute.

And glacius, I have yet to experiment with the info. you sent me. I will when I have enough time.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Patriots Nation
Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: sirreal]
    #1922544 - 09/16/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

back to the first page

Edited by cerebral gortex (09/16/03 05:58 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #1924133 - 09/17/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cerebral gortex said:
back to the first page

Yeah, man, thanks. :grin:

News on this: I will be getting my bass this Saturday, so I will definitely get this going basically today. The forum should be ready, so I will just make a couple of posts to lead some discussion involving different aspects of this and I will then send anyone that expressed their interest or will be playing an instrument the address so we can begin to get this beast moving.

One of the more important things about this project is that after we get some TOOL songs done and whatnot, I think it would be great if we used the same process that we used for them and come up with some original songs; that is when the creativity will really start to ooze out of our speakers.. heh.

But yeah, if anyone is interested in helping out with discussion or to help direct us in the right direction, or you play an instrument and want to help out, and you haven't replied yet or said you would be interested, now is your chance to do so, so I can get you the link to the forum.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Patriots Nation
    #1926066 - 09/17/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not sure if ill be able to contribute, but ill be keeping a close eye on the progress...

i play the bass too. :smile:

Edited by cerebral gortex (09/17/03 05:28 PM)

Offlinelateralus
    #1926455 - 09/17/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Give me the link to the board when ya make it. Im a drummer and I am a big fan of Danny Careys drumming. Ive played drums for 13 years, hopefully I can add something;)

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: Shroomery.org's Tribute to TOOL [Re: lateralus]
    #12748318 - 06/15/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So... :rasta:

--------------------

Invisiblemadpsilo
Male

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: WScott]
    #12750681 - 06/16/10 01:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I own a 1979 silverburst like adam and I know how to play every single tool song. I'm down.

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: madpsilo]
    #12751195 - 06/16/10 07:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm pretty good at guitar, so obviously I'd love to be part of this.

--------------------
______________________________________________________________________________________
everyone's life ends but no one ever completes it

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: m_m]
    #12753617 - 06/16/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is 6 years old!

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #12753681 - 06/16/10 04:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
This is 6 years old!

:cool:

--------------------

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: WScott]
    #12755484 - 06/16/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:facepalm3:

--------------------
______________________________________________________________________________________

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #12758632 - 06/17/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Guess theyre still workin on it...

Offlinem_m
Lysergic Dreams

Re: Shroomery.com's Tribute to TOOL [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #12762847 - 06/18/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This reminds me of the Modest Mouse tribute album that was going to be done by the modmouse.com forum :tongue2: It was basically just a bunch of people (me included) recording Modest Mouse cover and posting them in a thread. It would have been cool, but the date kept being pushed back, then the message board just ceased to exist all of the sudden :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

#12764185 - 06/18/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Someone needs to actually make something.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals