Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Suicide just seems so lame. * 1
    #14700980 -

Well, I just lost another friend to suicide, someone I'd lived and shared space with.  Yeah, yeah, I know we've all been there, we all have the potential to check out and some of us spend more time then is productive fantasizing about it. 

But seriously, I just gotta get something off my chest...suicide is so fucking lame.  It's your choice and all whether you want to off yourself but I have a strong opinion that suicide is fucking lame right now due to my heightened emotion learning about my friend killing himself. 

I've actually seen a suicide while tripping and feel I have an elevated perspective on it most of the time.  If people don't want to be here on Earth, then fine, that's their choice, and since the world is overpopulated, whatever, anyone who doesn't want to be here, shouldn't. 

But I still think it's lame.  No wait: I think suicide is a form of NATURAL SELECTION. 

My friend...his situation was that a few months ago one of HIS friends killed himself with HIS gun...and I guess he was never able to let go of the guilt.  He tried to bury it all in alcohol but it didn't work. 

And he posted a lame facebook message before he killed himself too.  I mean seriously.

Meh  I'm just a lil shocked I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14700987 -

Did he use the same gun?


--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: conan]
    #14700994 -

No, I don't think so.  The other suicide of his friend happened in Hawaii, and when he got back to the mainland he killed himself. 

Pennsylvania.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701017 -

I'm not so sure it's lame...
Sometimes people just don't see the exit anymore.
It's really hard to talk about your problems if you're really down. Same goes for asking help.
I thought a lot about suicide when i had these horrible clusterheadaches.
Thinking: "How much do i need to suffer before it's ok to commit suicide?" Needless
to say, i was in deep shit. I knew what despair felt like :frown:

So no, sometimes (maybe not in this case, i'm not to judge) it's understandable.

But never "ok"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: Masa] * 1
    #14701062 -

Some things.... just don't heal, time doesn't help. Sometimes the feelings overcome us... sometimes we don't feel nothing at all..

I don't think its lame. I think the world is hard on people. Some people are stronger than others, mentally. There are people out there that can't cope like me (or you) and can't deal with it all. It's an awful scapegoat... and I hate thinking about it.

I've been there... but for different reasons

Sometimes death just doesn't seem like such a bad choice... however fucked up that may sound

I'm sorry for your friend, truly... may he RIP, I hope the person got what they wanted...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701100 -

:sad:

Edited by StillCrunchy (07/09/11 10:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701129 -

Also I'm sorry you lost your friend and offer my condolences to you and his other friends and family as well. May he rest in peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: StillCrunchy]
    #14701133 -

Excuse my bitterness, I'm truly sorry for your loss.
A girl I knew from childhood killed herself a few months ago, so I know how it feels.

But what was his last message?


--------------------
See I'm at one with the waves, whereas my wifes breasts are at one with her knees.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701160 -

MOTH said:
Well, I just lost another friend to suicide, someone I'd lived and shared space with.  Yeah, yeah, I know we've all been there, we all have the potential to check out and some of us spend more time then is productive fantasizing about it. 

But seriously, I just gotta get something off my chest...suicide is so fucking lame.  It's your choice and all whether you want to off yourself but I have a strong opinion that suicide is fucking lame right now due to my heightened emotion learning about my friend killing himself. 

I've actually seen a suicide while tripping and feel I have an elevated perspective on it most of the time.  If people don't want to be here on Earth, then fine, that's their choice, and since the world is overpopulated, whatever, anyone who doesn't want to be here, shouldn't. 

But I still think it's lame.  No wait: I think suicide is a form of NATURAL SELECTION. 

My friend...his situation was that a few months ago one of HIS friends killed himself with HIS gun...and I guess he was never able to let go of the guilt.  He tried to bury it all in alcohol but it didn't work. 

And he posted a lame facebook message before he killed himself too.  I mean seriously.

Meh  I'm just a lil shocked I guess.



I wouldn't say suicide is natural selection, many people who would otherwise make prime human specimens are pushed to the brink by their callous, sexist, or otherwise hateful/abusive peers. Obviously someone who commits suicide isn't emotionally balanced, but they got there for a reason and it's not their fault.

But yeah, it's fucked up.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: NewWavePeace]
    #14701268 -

I forgot to mention he is leaving a wife and unborn child behind him. 

NewWavePeace said:
Excuse my bitterness, I'm truly sorry for your loss.
A girl I knew from childhood killed herself a few months ago, so I know how it feels.

But what was his last message?



He wrote this:


As this is my final address to my friends and family, I love you, may your lives be long, happy, and full of blessings, may the great mystery never cease to amaze you. Live wonderful lives, don't get trapped the way I have, in alcohol and depression, or whatever vices you may have... I will be with you forever, one way or another... God Bless you, Aloha Ke Akua....

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, for thyn is the kingdom the power and the glory forever and ever Amen..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH] * 2
    #14701284 -

what a bunch of religious bullshit.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: blujay]
    #14701285 -

blujay said:
I wouldn't say suicide is natural selection, many people who would otherwise make prime human specimens are pushed to the brink by their callous, sexist, or otherwise hateful/abusive peers. Obviously someone who commits suicide isn't emotionally balanced, but they got there for a reason and it's not their fault.





I gotta say that while I don't believe in assigning "fault," I think people who kill themselves are personally responsible for choosing to kill themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: learningtofly]
    #14701293 -

learningtofly said:
what a bunch of religious bullshit.




I KNOW, right?!  I have this image of him in my mind, of him sitting at his computer, typing out this message, and right after he types the lord's prayer, he shoots himself in the head.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701300 -

His prayer's chopped and screwed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701310 -

MOTH said:
learningtofly said:
what a bunch of religious bullshit.




I KNOW, right?!  I have this image of him in my mind, of him sitting at his computer, typing out this message, and right after he types the lord's prayer, he shoots himself in the head.



wouldn't be the first time thats happened and wont be the last


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701311 -

I saw this on your FB this morning, MOTH. So sorry you have to keep going through this. You'd think that after the gruesome one you saw, you'd be spared of dealing with this shit over and over.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: MOTH]
    #14701328 -

Suicide is always  :wtf:  :sad:  :wtf:  :mad2:  :sad:

Sorry you lost someone close to you. We all need as many friends as we can get in this world.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: Kada]
    #14701339 -

Sorry if this is too prying of a question, but how did you come about seeing a suicide while tripping? Was it a friend who was having a bad trip or something completely unrelated?


--------------------
It is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream--alone.

It's legs to walk and thoughts to fly
Eyes that laugh and lips that cry
A restless tongue to classify,
All born to grow and grown to die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: automan]
    #14701395 -

So I'm gonna take the opportunity to vent a little.  Don't mind me...

automan said:
I saw this on your FB this morning, MOTH. So sorry you have to keep going through this. You'd think that after the gruesome one you saw, you'd be spared of dealing with this shit over and over.




It's not a big deal, really.  Everyone's gonna die...it's just a matter of when.  It's just surprising when someone you admired and appreciated decides to die earlier then their natural lifespan, in such a violent way.  I guess I'm just sort of shocked because I thought he was stronger then that and I'm FUCKING DISAPPOINTED.  He seemed like such a warrior, even after what happened with his own buddy. 

I just feel a little cynical about people right now, frankly!  Like why are people so goddamned depressed, ya know?  Why can't they just switch their dial and rise above the shit?  SURE the world is crazy, SURE there is rampant chaos, disease, destruction and disaster, but come on people, rally, lets be WARRIORS.  People who kill themselves just seemed to have stopped giving a shit about this planet.  And that feels disappointing to me for some reason because I want people to rally and become empowered and true advocates of the planetary consciousness that is slowly but surely coming aware.  Not depressed and low energy and a drain and just another bad mood, just another waste. 

But NOTHING is a waste technically...everything is used in this reality.  Even the experience of a suicide rippling out through the lives touched by the loss, is USED somehow, energetically, by the people receiving the experience. 

But that's just my personal trip. 

I'm not SURPRISED by all the suicides happening as there IS so much shit going on in the world today. 

I guess I just expect too much out of people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Suicide just seems so lame. [Re: PMATL]
    #14701410 -

PMATL said:
Sorry if this is too prying of a question, but how did you come about seeing a suicide while tripping? Was it a friend who was having a bad trip or something completely unrelated?




I don't feel like going into it.  Totally different topic really.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Overpopulation
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 7,710 88 01/14/10 06:28 PM
by samba_lightning
* easiest method of suicide?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Razman 10,877 70 02/24/05 03:38 PM
by Woland
* Fear and Loathing was lame
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
JunkFood 7,419 85 07/07/07 04:30 PM
by djcube
* Suicide Kids... PDU 892 3 08/07/03 12:08 AM
by PDU
* Police investigating Castle Rock suicide-by-decapitation Deadmaker 1,470 9 08/04/07 10:51 AM
by Primal Glitch
* Suicide is expensive HighTek 1,023 11 04/29/07 03:49 PM
by HighTek
* Terrell Owens Attempts Suicide WhiskeyClone 1,073 8 04/11/11 06:43 AM
by Internetvirus
* is suicide worth it?
( 1 2 all )
makaveli8x8 6,885 38 07/17/08 10:33 AM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,562 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 176 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.