Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: Fear and Loathing was lame [Re: UberDeepName]
    #7113287 - 06/30/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
Who says Art always has to be realistic?

Let's use a bird as an example. You could have a nice, CGI/mechanical bird like in one of the Harry Potter films (sorry I had to use that as an example)--a realistic bird, or you could have some guy in a bird suit doing this:

If you're happy with that, good for you, but I, personally, like my movies to be a little more realistic.

--------------------
HOW'S MY POSTING? CLICK HERE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Fear and Loathing was lame [Re: JunkFood]
    #7113354 - 06/30/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Did he make that movie? No

And I think most of you naysaying fuggers are ridiculous for shitting on such a weird and good man.... Im certain most of the dumbasses who shit on his work know VERY little about the scope of his work.

PS:

Fuck off assholes...
and then fuck off again, because you dont know anything about this man.

This may seem like a flame, but it is also the truth.

Some of you would like to think that he was just some drug user, and movies have been made about him.....

And trust me, he was a smart mother fucker. So stop shitting on him after his death just because you know so little about him.

You will only see this guy squirm in a chair if a drug had taken its control.

SOme of you fuckers clearly know nothing about his works......

Not a damn thing.

Sorry, this shit just pisses me off slightly.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (06/30/07 11:59 PM)

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fear and Loathing was lame [Re: yageman]
    #7113383 - 07/01/07 12:00 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I'm just talking about the special effects in the movie--that's it. They could have been a lot better :shrug:

Here you are going off on a rant in defense of HST :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

Loc: Hell
    #7113436 - 07/01/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I've read Hells Angels, Fear and Loathing, The Great Shark Hunt, and Generation of Swine.

I've also read an anthology of his columns for Rolling Stone and a brief biography by Jann himself.

Why don't you school me? Or can you possibly refrain from spewing around unintelligible non sequiturs and make a valid point?

I'll repeat what I said earlier - he was a coward, plain and simple. If that bothers you, then it sucks to be you.

--------------------
Syd Barrett at his final appearance with Pink Floyd on December 22, 1967:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7113444 - 07/01/07 12:15 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

"It was lame".............

Do you really gather that the story deserved better graphics?

Read the book dude.
More visuals would have been very beside the point............

Its not even in my top 20 favorite movies, yet its pretty damn fun to watch.

Hunter aint my idol, and he has written some great stuff.

That, and you are a dingleberry.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/01/07 12:40 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Fear and Loathing was lame [Re: Astral Piper]
    #7113456 - 07/01/07 12:18 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Astral Piper said:
I've read Hells Angels, Fear and Loathing, The Great Shark Hunt, and Generation of Swine.

I've also read an anthology of his columns for Rolling Stone and a brief biography by Jann himself.

Why don't you school me? Or can you possibly refrain from spewing around unintelligible non sequiturs and make a valid point?

I'll repeat what I said earlier - he was a coward, plain and simple. If that bothers you, then it sucks to be you.

Wow, quit being such a dick there big guy. I dont have any desire to quiz you, wasnt talking to you, and certainly didnt impose that I can school you.
I can school you in the way that I can say that you "dont read good"(asshole)................

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7113470 - 07/01/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Read the book moron.

I have read the book, "moron"; and I thought it was good.

--------------------

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

#7113472 - 07/01/07 12:21 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

Astral Piper said:

Wow, quit being such a dick there big guy. I dont have any desire to quiz you, wasnt talking to you, and certainly didnt impose that I can school you.
I can school you in the way that I can say that you "dont read good"(asshole)................

That was AWESOME!!!

You set me straight, but good. I have learned my lesson.

Rock on!!

--------------------

Offlinekimikiri
 User Gallery

Loc: Aboard an alien vessel
    #7113477 - 07/01/07 12:22 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This movie had been around for quite some time before I actually sat down and watched it...

The movie itself can be viewed in/by multiple perspectives.

I think that part of the fun... and part of what makes the movie great... is putting yourself in their position...

They were drinking Singaplore Slings with Mezcal Sides!

That was the first step...

If you dont understand what that means... I guess the rest of the movie is "lame"

--------------------
Those who would sacrifice their freedoms for securities deserve neither, and will soon lose both.

-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineLVL12
Author andPerfector ofFailure
 User Gallery

#7113480 - 07/01/07 12:23 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
The movie was well done. The dialogue was identical to the book. Your brain is probably too slow to keep up with the dialogue, therefore you relied on the visuals. Somehow these didn't satisfy you either. Ralph Steadman, who does the artwork in HST's books played a role in the over all look of the film. For true HST fans, it was very satisfying. If it's good enough for the Dr.(that means Hunter Thompson, who was actually in the film, and on set everyday), then it's good enough for me. I'm glad you didn't like it.

R.I.P [/quote

Word!

--------------------
Disclaimer: Posts from LVL12 are strictly for entertainment and are a work of fiction, nothing written or said by LVL12 should in interpreted as truth, fact or by their literal definitions or translations. Anyone who reads/listens to these words does so at their own risk, parental discretion is advised.

Edited by LVL12 (07/01/07 12:29 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7113497 - 07/01/07 12:26 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Astral Piper said:

Ya, he was a coward, and that makes you much better than that non-asshole ever was.

Have some respect you fugging bottom feeder.

I dont care how "big and manly" you are. You come off as an angry little girl with a computer who has no idea what kind of responses she will get on a site such as this.

Stop bitching about how you are not just bitching.

Its cool man, just dont talk shit about such a good writer while being an illusive dick about what you are really saying.

Im sure you are much better than that dead man you talk shit about. So good for you for being an asshole, through and through.
I only flame morons like you. So sorry if what I say doesnt jive with your shitty persona here.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/01/07 12:31 AM)

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

#7113514 - 07/01/07 12:31 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

UberDeepName said:
So you're not a fan? *shrug* btw, Not everyone believes he committed suicide. I haven't decided yet. He was doing a story on the Bush Administration, that was not going over well. And as far as him getting "owned" as you so eloquently put it... Your interpretation of someones reaction to hostility on national television (while probably under the influence of heavy drugs) does not really reflect their worth as person, let alone their talent. I'm a fan of his work, not of his TV spots.

OK, that's reasonable. I don't buy the conspiracy theory, but your point about the televised reaction is a valid one - if he were under the influence of drugs.

I too am a fan of his writing - I think he was a solid writer - but I maintain my impressions about him personally.

Thanks for not having a melt down like the girl in the earlier part of the thread. I can have discussions with people who disagree with me, and I can try and understand their perspective, but not if they have anger management issues which is what I am sensing in her diatribe.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7113532 - 07/01/07 12:34 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Astral Piper is a fugging joke.

If you dont think so, read the thread.

Sorry he just got to me when he called hunter a coward for whatever reason.

"Head in ass syndrome" is all I can say.
"Cant read good" syndrome may be a secondary cause for this attitude.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

#7113541 - 07/01/07 12:35 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

Astral Piper said:

Ya, he was a coward, and that makes you much better than that non-asshole ever was.

I dont care how "big and manly" you are. You come off as an angry little girl with a computer who has no idea what kind of responses she will get on a site such as this.

Its cool man, just dont talk shit about such a good writer while being an illusive dick about what you are really saying.

Im sure you are much better than that dead man you talk shit about. So good for you for being an asshole, through and through.
I only flame morons like you. So sorry if what I say doesnt jive with your shitty persona here.

I'm going to grab someone hanging out in front of the bus station down the street to try and help me understand this, 'cause it's a little outside of my scope of comprehension.

Meanwhile, can you stop with the ad hominem nonsense and make a valid point? If he wasn't a coward, which is what I think you are trying to say, can you refute that assertion logically?

Yeah, I am pretty big, and I don't really need a computer to make a point to anyone, anywhere. My mother did teach me to be polite to strangers, even strange strangers, so I am trying, trying.....

--------------------

InvisibleKnoa6
Sunn 0)))
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA-zone 7
    #7113556 - 07/01/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hunter was kinda psychedelic. thats a Lophophora on the arm under the fist on his logo.
I thought the movie was great too, but I think if you watch movies while your tripping, your not taking enough.

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
    #7113568 - 07/01/07 12:43 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

lets compare this to star wars.

episodes 4, 5, and 6 are all far better than episodes 1, 2, and 3. the newer episodes all have crazy fantastic awesome, cutting edge effects but it just feels like its all there to wow you. the old episodes are all heart because thats what they relied on, they didn't have the greatest visual stimuli..

and the moral is: the tripouts didnt need to be great to make it a great movie. they may have been a little cheesy at times but the story and acting make up for it.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#7113578 - 07/01/07 12:48 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Astral Piper said:
Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

Astral Piper said:

I'll repeat what I said earlier - he was a coward, plain and simple.  If that bothers you, then it sucks to be you.

I dont care how "big and manly" you are.  You come off as an angry little girl with a computer who has no idea what kind of responses she will get on a site such as this.

Im sure you are much better than that dead man you talk shit about.  So good for you for being an asshole, through and through.
I only flame morons like you.  So sorry if what I say doesnt jive with your shitty persona here.

I'm going to grab someone hanging out in front of the bus station down the street to try and help me understand this, 'cause it's a little outside of my scope of comprehension.

Meanwhile, can you stop with the ad hominem nonsense and make a valid point?  If he wasn't a coward, which is what I think you are trying to say, can you refute that assertion logically?

Yeah, I am pretty big, and I don't really need a computer to make a point to anyone, anywhere.  My mother did teach me to be polite to strangers, even strange strangers, so I am trying, trying.....

Hunter was a coward.............  Good point big guy!:blush:

You are not polite, you talk about hunter as if he was not someone worth the respect he deserves.

You being "big" doesnt make a point here.
After all, the biggest guy I know has a really small penis.:blush:

Stop talking shit, and ya, stop it.

Im glad your last 10 gram shroom trip went well for you, And fug off if you are going to act just plain stupid.

If you want to shit talk hunter, yous betters makes some sense and actually say something.

Edited by yageman (07/01/07 12:56 AM)

Offlinespammaps
Stranger
    #7113583 - 07/01/07 12:51 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

this is just another stereotypical hollywood movie about drugs
just because the protagonists take lsd and loads of other drugs,
doesn't have to indicate, it's that good

OfflineAstral Piper
Voivod
Male

#7113606 - 07/01/07 12:57 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

(1) You made the point about my size, and I assume that you were referencing a point I made about crying in an earlier post, so I responded in the affirmative.

(2) I'm happy with the size of my penis. I could say "So's your Mom" but that would be flaming. Do you see how that works?

(3) I don't think that Hunter Thompson deserves any more respect than any other good writer who had the selfishness to end his own life, and the stupidity to lie to the Hells Angels and then prevaricate on national television.

(4) I haven't talked shit yet, but you'll know it if I do.

(5) You don't have my permission to read any more of my posts, because I'm afraid you might hurt yourself. You probably will, and comment in some fashion that I can't understand, but that is on you and the moderator who has allowed your hatchet-job of a one-sided flame war to continue.

--------------------

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

#7113614 - 07/01/07 01:00 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Far out this has turned into a shitfight. You happy JunkFood ?
Astral Piper , yageman calm down  It's not worth it.
Can't we all just get along. :hippie:

I guess the overall feel of the movie could be explained by the fact it was directed by Terry Gilliam.
He was writer actor in tonnes of Montypython stuff, which was also a little cheesy / corny. yes
If anyone here remembers that stuff he also did all that weird animation that was in between skits.

Now he has also written and or directed these weird, trippy & also sometimes cheesy / corny, ( because lets face it, sometimes the shit that happens when tripping is pretty "cheesy / corny" )

The Brothers Grimm
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail
Twelve Monkeys
The Fisher King
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Brazil

Anyone here seen these movies...

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Edited by UnderNose (07/01/07 01:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom