Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Picking up on Negative Vibes..
    #1466499 - 04/17/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if many others out there felt that they could pick up on "vibes" put out by other people when others are experiencing different states of emotion? Ever since I had a life changing LSD experience, ive noticed myself generally much more aware of what is happening in my surroundings, and especially the reactions of other people. What has got me puzzled however, is that I seem to be able to pick up on "vibes" for want of a better word, of others, especially when they are angry or negative, and the vibes dont seem to be related to any noticeable body language, tone of speech etc. For example, one of my housemates is frequently in a bitter mood (hes an avid sporting fan, and when the soccer team he goes for loses, its not good news!), and I seem to be able to tell, as soon as I enter the room, what emotional state he is in, without a single word being exchanged, or without me even seeing him face on. I've verified these feelings by asking him how he's feeling, or seeing him act angrily shortly afterwards. I also get a strong feeling to leave the room as soon as I pick up these "negative vibes" or just to stear clear in general. I guess what Im looking for is a correlation of other people who have had a similar experiences? especially that can relate them to psychedelics somehow causing this?

With Metta,
Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: jono]
    #1466683 - 04/17/03 08:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't say I can pick up "vibes" of emotions exactly the same as you say, but when Im on mushrooms i always get odd vibes from people. Not so much how they are feeling right then, but how they feel in general as a person. When I can sense that, it causes me to understand in a way why they say and act like they do when i'm talking to them while tripping. This always trips me out. Of course I don't tell the person I am thinking about this. Generally things like "I see that you really want to fit in with other people, so you just said that because you know it was something that someone else would have said or laughed at, not what you actually think" dont go down with others too well.

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1466812 - 04/17/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

gee its almost like we're all psychic

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1466967 - 04/17/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I definitely know that hallucinogenics can open up "doors" in your mind, expand your consciousness, etc., as for recieving vibes better, I'm already quite good at that to begin with, it's really a matter of basic intuition, which everybody has to lesser degree or more, I think I remember reading somewhere it has to do with your right temporal lobe in your brain, so maybe that's one of the areas in your brain that hallucinogenic's like to play around in... =)

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #1466987 - 04/17/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was thinking about this just the other day...
Basicly your sub con knows ALL that goes on, but it dosnt let all the info seep through for you to know. For instance if someone lies to you, you may not pick up on it, but your sub con sure does. you say no noticable body langyuage or tone of voice, not noticable at the level you operate on.

ANYWAY, instead of the information comming through, just a feeling comes through, then people think its something supernateral n shit.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #1467030 - 04/17/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I know what you mean, I experience the same sort of thing. My ability to pick up on people's "vibes" improved when I started doing retail sales, it forces you to (for lack of a better term) size people up. Everybody has a vibe or an air about them in my opinion, the more you focus in on it the more accurate an assessment you make. For a few days after tripping on shrooms I'm better able to read people, I'm more receptive to their cue's. A lot of the vibe thing is picking up on subconscious cues, manner of dress, facial expressions, inflection of voice, hand gestures, ect., everyone tells on themselves.

I don't know why but negative vibes come across stronger. I recently was introduced to someone who had a really bad vibe, it was freaky that about 30 seconds after shaking hands with this guy a thought occurred to me "this man is serious bad news". He acted totally cool, we had a nice conversation and he left after 20 minutes or so. I found out from my friend that he has an uncontrollable temper, he gets into fights almost weekly and is perpetually in and out of jail. My first impression was correct, I just can't explain exactly why. He gave himself away somehow that I'm sure he didn't intend. I think vibes has more to do with the survival instinct than anything psychic.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: AislingGheal]
    #1467474 - 04/17/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

wow, interesting subject
i think its possible that you tapped a reasource in your brain and then noticed it and put it to use and could possibly have come from the drugs indirectly, since drugs can kinda change the way you see and think for a short time you might notice this skill or ability that you may have or that most are even capable of but dont use it

The Clash - wow! what a kickass idea about the sub conscious, i believe you gotta be almost completely right cuz i believe the sub conscious is the invisible phantom character that hears and sees all and knows everything in a certain way cuz it is bascialy left hardly untouched by your conscious cuz its your sub conscious, this idea is so cool! i love anything about the sub conscious cuz its mysterious and a dark place yet i think it does hold more keys to more doors than you coulda ever imagined and that we DO have access to it, but getting to it might be through our dreams or something cuz dreams are landscapes and ideas and anything u hear see smell feel taste in anyway anywhere at anytime or any thought will be recorded by this mysterious device or character in your brain and that it makes these unbelievable dreams for us using all the material that we have recorded throughout life............

S W A Y

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1467694 - 04/17/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I think we all pick up on negative vibes, even before any of us ever tried any pcycheldelics. We've all been in situations where the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife . . . so to speak. Picking up bad vibes is actually part of our biology. It's intermingled with our "fight or flight" response. Back hundreds of thousands of years ago when the human race was no more then nomadic tribes, being able to judge a situation just by the emotions you read off of it was key to survival.

Actually many animals in the animal kingdom have this ability to sense emotions and feelings. Did you ever have your dog pay extra attention to you when you were depressed or sick? When I'm feeling down my dog always hops up on the couch and cuddles up againts me or trys to get me to play with him.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1467744 - 04/17/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was hanging with a friend at a coffee shop recently, and I was getting all these negative vibes from him, like he was distrustful of everyone around him. I later asked him about this and he confirmed my suspicion. This isn't the first time I've felt this. Sometimes I really don't feel like hanging around him because I'm afraid of picking up bad vibes from him. He just thinks everyone is out to get him.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1467794 - 04/17/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

That must suck for that guy to trip mushrooms while thinking everyone is out to get you!

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: djd586]
    #1467799 - 04/17/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

He doesn't do mushrooms anymore.  He hates mushrooms.  I think it's pretty obvious why, considering how he is.  Also, back when he did mushrooms, he would take them right before school.  Now he tries to lecture me about how mushrooms are evil and shit.  It's funny as hell.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: SWAY]
    #1468101 - 04/17/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When I get stoned I eneter a place I call the void.
Basicly my mind becoms bombarded with ideas and thoughts and all sorts. heres some examples:

1.A convosation I had with a friend comes into my mind. no special conversation. something I should have forgotton 10 seconds after. Then Another thing he said months later comes into my mind. His second statment contradicted his first. even though they were months apart.
This showed me how I couldnt quite trust him as I once though I could. It also gave me an insight into how he works.

2. When I was about 5 I had a pet rabbit than ran away. A few days later my dad finds it under his car.
Never thought about it for years. Then im in the void and this memory comes crashing back, but this time I realise he went out and bought a new rabbit. Which makes more sence than him finding it under his car.

when im deep into the void the revelations are much more prefound, but harder to remember. For a split second I understood how the entire mind worked. The moment I began to analyse and sort this information I lost it.
For a time I thought that it was an illusion and that I just felt like I knew how the mind worked. But ive had other revelations with no evedence or information to lead me to that conclusion then at a later date found a clue pointing towards that being right.

sorry if my bable dosnt make sence.
anyway, from my travels to the void ive concluded that everything weve ever done is held in memory and the sub con is all knowing. I just dont know why it dosnt let us have some information.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1468248 - 04/17/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

dibes.  and how do i find out.

Edited by Galvie_Flu (05/24/11 05:42 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #1468254 - 04/17/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Another question that runs though my mind is do i give off good or bad vibes. and how do i find out.

I think it has to do with your attitude. If you're thinking a lot of negative thoughts, you're probably giving off bad vibes. Earlier in this thread I mentioned my friend who's distrustful of other people and how that caused him to give off bad vibes. If you're friendly and cheerful, you probably aren't giving off bad vibes.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1468510 - 04/17/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

There is no life in the void!

Invisibleknumb
skull
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: top, bottom, strange, cha...
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1469002 - 04/17/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

he probably did find it under his car...

--------------------
----------------------------------------
we hope that you choke

Edited by knumb (06/08/20 01:08 AM)

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: ]
    #1469003 - 04/17/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Oh wow, great post. I am really getting into the swing of things now i feel with phsycic energy. I have been experimenting with this energy at work lately, but with mixed results. What i think the problem is is that i am only sensing present emotions, and not anything directly linked with the past. For example, when someone is talking i am able see their words in my minds eye, and usually from that i get a feeling of what they will say next, i can understand where they are coming from more fully.

Last night while smoking a blunt i was tripping out with my buddy listening to Mum. As i began to raise my energy, or more accurately, lower it, i began to feel high vibrations coursing down my spine. Immediatly after that my awareness exploded and i began to notice, what felt like entities comunicating through me, directing me to certain observations that i might make. One of those observations was being able to literally sense and see the male, and female halves of my friends body, represented oddly enough by blue on his left side facing me, and pink on his right. Immediatly after i told this to my buddy he seemed somewhat embarassed or something, i felt his negative vibration, and then i immediatly had a strong urge to correct it, so strong that i released a burst of phsyco-kenetic energy( i dont care if you believe me or not) which caused the weed in the joint he was rolling to burst into the air, followed by the paper being removed from his hands. Immediatly he shouted " What the fuck!!! ", and asked me if that was a me. I said yes, i felt a huge release of energy all around me at the exact time that happened, i told him it felt like someone else did it though, through me. Anyways from then on it was the usual babble about overthrowing the American Government, those crazy natzies. I thought it might be a good idea to make a T-shirt saying: War On The Bush Administration, not the American people, catchy aint it.

Last thing i wanna say is, if you havnt tapped into this energy i am talking about here you may do so by focusing on a specific bone, the one just to the inside of the temples, and the area above the outer eye browns, this is the best description i can give you, believe me, if you find it, you will know within seconds: make sure to keep your breath light, and just play around with channeling the energy around your face, down the sides of your nose, and down the spine. keep your mind comfortably quiet and see what starts to happen, good luck.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
    #1469437 - 04/18/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I seem to be able to pick up on "vibes" for want of a better word, of others, especially when they are angry or negative, and the vibes dont seem to be related to any noticeable body language, tone of speech etc.

hahaha!! well, welcome to my world friend! I know what you're going through. All the same stuff started with me about 2 years ago. This led to a horrible anxiety in public places and such. I started feeling like people were looking at me in public, like I could "feel" peoples eyes on me burning through my back. Like I could tell by one look what a person thought of me. For awhile I did not want to even go to class or anything. I just hung out with a small group of good guys, whom i felt comfortable with. I started to worry that I was going crazy. It led to me being diagnosed with Anxiety disorder, and depression and put on buspar. After about a year of being a pharmaceutical zombie, I got off the crap, and stuck to meditation, and ganja. well that opened the flood gates!!!

For the past year I've been feeling fantastic, but Ive had some very eerie situations which hve led me to realize that I wasn't crazy. Now when I "feel" someone looking at me, I stop, look around, and 95% of the time, someone is. and its usually a girl or an "enemy" someone with strong thoughts, one way or the other about me. I've actually gotten a few female friends like that. Ill be sitting tere reading, completely engrossed in my book, and I'll feel someones energy on top of me, look up, and its a cute girlie, grillin me!! I know it sounds insane, how do you think i felt the first 10 times it happened!!! now its regular.

For example. I knew my girlfriend of 3 years was cheating on me immediatly after seeing her for the first ime in months. We had talked on the phone, and all was cool, she acted normal, but then I saw her, and as soon as i put my arms around her, I knew! I called her on it and she came clean...dirty slut.

A couple of months ago I was driving at night, and I all of a sudden got a horrible fear that if I kept on the route i was on I would hit a dear, and I had a feeling of my car being off road...well, 20 minutes later I had swerved to miss a fox in the road, car went sideways, and i hit a stop sign.

2 days ago, (tuesday) I started to think about a friend in Korea whom i havent seen or heard from in weeks. The first thought that came to mind was, "He's been partying too much, hes gonna get fired from his job soon, real soon." yesterday (thursday) I talked to him...he got fired.

the list goes on and on...these are just some examples. You're not the only one!!

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

OfflineJenherself
Just anotherchick

Loc: Alberta, Canada in a box
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: FatNug]
    #1470730 - 04/18/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I must say Jono that ever since the first time I took shrooms, I've been able to pick up on 'vibes' as well...although I don't consider it 'vibes' I consider it other peoples ora or karma. You can always feel how another person is feeling even just by walking into the room. I've become a better judge of people because of this...and I think thats great. I think thats why shrooms and LSD are wonderful drugs, because they make us see what has always been right under our noses the whole time, but never took the time to notice....I congradulate you on your new found awareness...its a wonderful thing to have.

--------------------
TO EACH THEIR OWN
****JENNY****

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Picking up on Negative Vibes.. [Re: Jenherself]
    #1470762 - 04/18/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the beginning of the 4th density everyone. Enjoy your stay.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies