Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Don't be negative, JERK!!!
    #2108167 - 11/15/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hey, you guys ever notice how there are all these weirdos talking about negativity and positivity? Well, it's all bullshit. You cannot use positivity to create positive ripples in the pool that is the universe, and same with negativity.

For example, I could stand up and say "Smoke marijuana, it's a wonderful, beautiful plant and I just want you all to know that you can benefit greatly from its effects!" and there would be some people cheering my statement on cause it's so positive, and then others would think I was satan.

This is why when someone's like "be positive! Let the good vibes flow!" I actually get really bad vibes from them and I feel negative energy.

There is no such thing as a universal good vibe or a universal bad vibe is my point I guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2108288 - 11/15/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think that there are actions and reactions that are with love and there are actions and reactions that are with fear.

I also think people can tell the difference and react (or at least would perfer to react) similarly.

--------------------
i am another you

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: jiva]
    #2108301 - 11/15/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This is why when someone's like "be positive! Let the good vibes flow!" I actually get really bad vibes from them and I feel negative energy.

The problem lies within yourself, not the person sending out the 'good' vibes. You're the one doing the judgement in this situation, so what you interpret someone's words to mean is just that, what YOU interpret them to mean.

So if its up to you, why not choose to revel in the good vibes, instead of clinging to cynical anger?

--------------------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2108306 - 11/15/03 01:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think it has more to do with the intent behind the action than what the action actually is. Society can deem anything 'good' or 'bad', that is entirely subjective. But the intent behind an action can certainly be 'good' or 'bad', or helpful or harmful.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: TheDude]
    #2108322 - 11/15/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i suppose an action could be an intent and the reaction would be the carrying out of that intention ^_^ very good observation though, if intent can't be recognized (and it usually can) then that person who is lying has alot of hard lessons to learn hehehe

--------------------
i am another you

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: chunder]
    #2108580 - 11/15/03 04:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chunder said:
So if its up to you, why not choose to revel in the good vibes, instead of clinging to cynical anger? 

That is exactly the thing. Whatever attitude you take toward life MAKES your life. There is no way in denying this. We don't like when this thing happens, we like when this thing happens. Anytime we are in this situation, we feel this way, and anytime we are in that situation, we feel that way.

The problem isn't the external cirumstances. Its you, man. There is NO WAY AROUND THIS. :evil:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2108641 - 11/15/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good point!

As the dude said, It is entirely subjective.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: sirreal]
    #2108647 - 11/15/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> There is no such thing as a universal good vibe or a universal bad vibe is my point I guess.

I would tend to agree, but something to consider... from where do good vibes and bad vibes come?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: Seuss]
    #2108650 - 11/15/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> There is no such thing as a universal good vibe or a universal bad vibe is my point I guess.

I would tend to agree, but something to consider... from where do good vibes and bad vibes come?

The way we subjectively interpret the signals we recieve. If something happens that makes us feel uncomfortable or threatened in our existence, we call it a "bad vibe". If something makes us feel good, we call it a "good vibe". Pretty simple.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (11/15/03 07:22 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: sirreal]
    #2109049 - 11/15/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The problem lies within yourself, not the person sending out the 'good' vibes.

Congratulations, you've said exactly what I expected. Let's say there's a KKK meeting and little Johnny was there, and started to realize that he wasn't into the whole KKK thing. The leader stood up and said "I strung up a black man last night!" Everybody was so happy they all cheered, except for Johnny.

So, Johnny didn't get good vibes from the klan meeting. I guess he should alter his outlook and embrace the goodness instead of "clinging to cynical anger." Correct, Chunder?

I'm saying there is no such thing as a good vibe. Vibes are what we make of them and you can't promote good stuff by putting out good vibes all the time because other people will find those good vibes are actually bad vibes.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #2109114 - 11/15/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Vibes are what we make of them and you can't promote good stuff by putting out good vibes all the time because other people will find those good vibes are actually bad vibes.

First of all, there is a big difference between someone saying "be positive! Let the good vibes flow!" and a KKK speech.

Secondly, in your above statement, you've reiterated exactly what I said. What you get out of a communication is totally subjective. If you get 'bad vibes' from people trying to be positive about life then that is an issue within yourself, as their intention is definitely not to make you angry.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2109136 - 11/15/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good vibes come from love and care, while bad vibes come from fear, hatred, and ignorance. Therefore, your KKK example is irrelevant because the Klan leader's killing of a black man came from fear, hatred and ignorance.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #2109240 - 11/15/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good-vibes = pro you
bad-vibes = anti you

The basics of what silversoul and everybody else said. See?

So what we're saying is that there IS such a thing as good vibes, because such vibes (while subject to interpretation) are not without an element of control.

This makes the 'argument of relativity' your defending insufficient. It 's ignoring the fact that 'pro-life = 'good-vibes'' and 'anti-life' = 'bad-vibes'

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: David_Scape]
    #2109407 - 11/15/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, silversoul the klan leader's killing of a black man came from a genuine desire to make the world a better place. You call that fear, hatred, and ignorance? Well, sounds like you should be less full of negative vibes and be more positive. Your statements are irrelevant because they're wrong and miss my point that you are the one interpreting the kkk vibes as negative. If kkk vibes were universally negative there wouldn't be a kkk. Open your mind.

Chunder: that's right, the vibes are what you make of them. You can try to be as positive as ever (like the klan) but some people will feel that it is negative, therefore the idea of putting out friendliness and goodness in an effort to improve other people's moods is flawed. Go up to a girl on the street you've never talked to and smile really big and follow her around and ask her how she's doing and what she's up to, and say "god bless you" a lot with a big smile on your face. I bet you'll creep her out and she'll feel scared because your good vibes are negative to her.

David Scape I don't understand what an element of control is and why that has anything to do with anything. Make more sense.

And guys, stop telling me there's something wrong with how I interpret things. It's very negative because I don't believe you have the right to tell me how to interpret reality.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2109439 - 11/15/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Actually, silversoul the klan leader's killing of a black man came from a genuine desire to make the world a better place.

Actually, if you talk to a lot of those extreme racists, they'll gladly tell you that they're full of hate, and be proud of it. They call it a "perfect hate." They only believe in loving those who are like them, and hating everyone else. How could that possibly be positive?

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2109462 - 11/15/03 03:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:Whatever attitude you take toward life MAKES your life. There is no way in denying this. We don't like when this thing happens, we like when this thing happens. Anytime we are in this situation, we feel this way, and anytime we are in that situation, we feel that way.

The problem isn't the external cirumstances. Its you, man. There is NO WAY AROUND THIS. :evil:

Sure there is alot of truth to the "attitude influencing reality" paradigm.  But you have to face reality.

What about people in concentration camps?  POWs?  Their attitude doesn't change anything.  They still get beaten, starved, tortured.  I wonder about you guys who preach how wonderful and perfect life becomes "if you just have a happy attitude", how long you would last in their shoes.   

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: pattern]
    #2109482 - 11/15/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

silversoul: I didn't say anything about them not being full of hate, I said this:

"Actually, silversoul the klan leader's killing of a black man came from a genuine desire to make the world a better place."

which is positive. How can improving the world be negative? We aren't talking about whether or not the klan hates people. It's clear that they do, but you seem to think that's negative, and they think that's positive. Case closed.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2109498 - 11/15/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I explained to you what defines positive vibes(love and care) and negative vibes(hate, fear, and ignorance). Since the Klan leader is spreading hate and not love, then that is inherently negative, regardless of whether or not he thinks he's improving the world.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2109507 - 11/15/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I disagree, you can philosophize about the nature of ethics and what not, but when it comes down to basic human interaction, you and I both know how to treat someone "good" and "bad." treating people good makes the world a better place. I try to base my life on that, and I believe in that moreso than anything else.

EDIT: replying to the original poster, not silversoul

--------------------

Edited by Noviseer (11/15/03 04:17 PM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2109515 - 11/15/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"that is inherently negative"

You should open your mind. You have this silly idea that what you believe is negative is what all people on the planet believe is negative. There are more opinions out there, a wider spectrum of beliefs than only yours. There is no such thing as anything inherently negative unless you twist the word's meaning to suit your needs. Go home, you've lost, you haven't made your point, admit you're wrong, and go home.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2109529 - 11/15/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

noviseer...

catholic nuns beat my mom a lot in her childhood. They were treating her well, because it was what she needed. She disagrees. What some people think is good, other people think is bad. Educating people about how pot is harmless is a good thing to do. Other people think it's really bad. Simple.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2109539 - 11/15/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Exceptions... special situations. I'm talking about smiling at people. Helping out when help is needed. Being kind. Simple.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: Noviseer]
    #2109546 - 11/15/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

so, somebody is having a bad day, their life is depressing, you smile at them (which implies your own happiness) and they become angry because you are happy. thusly you have just created a negative response through your positivity.

--------------------------------------------------------) ) ) ) } } ] ]

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2109575 - 11/15/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You know at first, i didnt think i got what you were saying. Until i saw this poster in my english book , and i got pissed off, when they said "dont be a Jerk" ... this was at the begining of the week...

it was by a feminist artist, Barbara Kruger. And it pissed me off too, cause i thought... Im not always being a jerk, why does it sound like they are saying im a jerk? But i think her message might have been different, but still, i think there are times when you can be pissed off... got to let out our emotions... in the right way of course. I think she is trying to play on that a little bit, especially seeing her other works. And some people are just as much "jerks" for calling other people jerks who probably did not deserve it... anyway...i guess thats open to interpretation. I just realized my brother bought a whole set of postcards with her artwork on them.

--------------------
What?

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2109594 - 11/15/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
Actually, silversoul the klan leader's killing of a black man came from a genuine desire to make the world a better place. You call that fear, hatred, and ignorance? Well, sounds like you should be less full of negative vibes and be more positive. Your statements are irrelevant because they're wrong and miss my point that you are the one interpreting the kkk vibes as negative. If kkk vibes were universally negative there wouldn't be a kkk. Open your mind.

You are right. To some people the kkk represents something positive.

To others it represents something very harmful and negative. It's all subjective.

Hurting other people, as silversoul stated, always represents something negative in my subjective view. I think that it is the kkk member who needs to open his mind.

Quote:

Go up to a girl on the street you've never talked to and smile really big and follow her around and ask her how she's doing and what she's up to, and say "god bless you" a lot with a big smile on your face. I bet you'll creep her out and she'll feel scared because your good vibes are negative to her.

It will be your 'percieved intentions' that creep her out.

Quote:

And guys, stop telling me there's something wrong with how I interpret things. It's very negative because I don't believe you have the right to tell me how to interpret reality.

People are answering your question, that is all. Don't be so sensitive.

Very good post, BTW.

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (11/15/03 05:02 PM)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2109596 - 11/15/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm well aware that there are different opinions of what negativity is, but you know what they say about opinions: everyone's got one and they usually stink. If I'm to be fair to everyone's opinions, I might as well not have any of my own. Sorry, but most people would consider hate to be negative and love to be positive.

--------------------

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

#2109599 - 11/15/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The element of control is that, while a 'vibe' can be interpreted differently by different people, there is a common basis with which we interpret everything. That is that things that promote life,love and acceptance are good (more particularly YOUR life and the accpetance of YOU). I call this fact an element of control because it allows us to control what vibes are GOOD and what vibes are BAD, EVEN DESPITE THAT THERE IS SOME RELATIVITY INVOLVED.

I said your stance (the stance that every vibe is relative) is insufficient because you are not taking into account the fact above.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2109635 - 11/15/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Sorry, but most people would consider hate to be negative and love to be positive. "

appeal to the masses.. innefectual argument technique

David scape, I still don't get it. "there is a common basis with which we interpret everything" what does that have to do with anything? You make no sense and it's getting on my nerves. Try organizing your words in a way that makes sense to me.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2109670 - 11/15/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"Sorry, but most people would consider hate to be negative and love to be positive. "

appeal to the masses.. innefectual argument technique

I figured you'd catch that. My point, however, is that just because people have different opinions on something does not mean that one of them isn't right. Therefore, just because my idea of what defines positivity and negativity may differ from another's does not mean that it isn't the correct idea.

--------------------

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

#2109709 - 11/15/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Sigh, im I that unreadable, you guys? Is it that im too pedantic or just plain disorganized?

anyways...

" There is no such thing as a universal good vibe or a universal bad vibe is my point I guess. " <---yousaidthat

When I said 'there is a common basis with which we interpret everything.' I meant just that.

okay, now we all have emotions and instincts through which we JUDGE everything as good or bad, right? Now, while these emotions and instincts vary a bit from person to person, Each person STILL retains ......pay attention to this part.......each person still retains the same FRAMEWORK the instincts and emotions were built on.

What is this FRAMEWORK? That Life,love and acceptance are good.

What does THIS have to do with your arguement above? You tell me.

Im not telling you what to believe. Im telling you, in a general way, a part of human nature.

Creating and sustaining good vibes is needed skill. You can't live and interact with people without it. People want to be accepted, appreciated and approved of. They want to be loved. They want meaning and purpose, end of story. These are 'universal goods'.

Every negative behavior is defensive because a need is not being fufilled or a goal is being agitated, we all have needs and we have many basic emotional and physical needs in common.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2109719 - 11/15/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

David_Scape said:
Sigh, im I that unreadable, you guys? Is it that im too pedantic or just plain disorganized?

No, you're not that hard to understand.

He doesn't agree with you is all.

--------------------
-----------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2109748 - 11/15/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

David_Scape said:
okay, now we all have emotions and instincts through which we JUDGE everything as good or bad, right? Now, while these emotions and instincts vary a bit from person to person, Each person STILL retains ......pay attention to this part.......each person still retains the same FRAMEWORK the instincts and emotions were built on.

What is this FRAMEWORK?  That Life,love and acceptance are good.

Creating and sustaining good vibes is needed skill. You can't live and interact with people without it. People want to be accepted, appreciated and approved of. They want to be loved. They want meaning and purpose, end of story. These are 'universal goods'.

Every negative behavior is defensive because a need is not being fufilled or a goal is being agitated, we all have needs and we have many basic emotional and physical needs in common.       

:thumbup: :thumbup: 

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: TheDude]
    #2109773 - 11/15/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"What does THIS have to do with your arguement above? You tell me."

well, it doesn't really have anything to do with my argument. I'm not argueing that these things aren't what everybody wants, I'm argueing that you can't send out good vibes and expect them to produce good feelings in everybody who walks by you.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2109830 - 11/15/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
"What does THIS have to do with your arguement above? You tell me."

well, it doesn't really have anything to do with my argument. I'm not argueing that these things aren't what everybody wants, I'm argueing that you can't send out good vibes and expect them to produce good feelings in everybody who walks by you.

Just as I can't force people to like the things I like, neither can I force them to feel how I do. If you "expect" your vibes to produce good feelings in others, then chances are you are trying to force something upon that person. That is never welcome, people don't respond well to being forced to do anything. However, you can hope that your good vibes will be recognized by that person and will influence or contribute to how they are feeling.

--------------------

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2110015 - 11/15/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Is the truth distinctive mixo? Are there multiple truths? Can some people see just black, white and gray, while others see a rainbow? Are the people that saw black and white wrong? If they went off saying that rainbows are black, white and gray would they be wrong? Would THEY think themselves wrong?

No, not unless someone told them that they have limited vision. Well, then the black/white/gray people may say that the other people are just crazy, that they are liars. Why? Because black and white is all that is tangible to them, so they cannot fathom a rainbow. Are the people that see black and white wrong? No, subjectively they are not because they really do see black and white. Objectively they are. For who may deny that these other vibrant colors exist?

Well then subjective mixo comes along. He says: maybe those who see black and white see the real truth, a truth AS VIABLE as those that see the rainbow, or maybe those seeing the rainbow are actually the ones who are crazy. But could a person that sees just black white know as much of the universe as someone that sees all the colors. Is a person that sees many angles over one or two able to comprehend more? Doesn&#8217;t one that can fathom more know more, and thus have a better angle on what is truth?

So now we have established that some know more about the universe, which does not make them better, or their truth any more of a truth to them than to another&#8217;s truth, but objectively, their truth is the higher truth because it can comprehend more than another&#8217;s.

Now, are those people at a Klan meeting spreading ideas of truth, or are they spreading ideas that are not true? Are the Klan members working off a principle of multiple angles, or just a fraction of the angles? Contrary to what the Klan believes, those with a higher plane of understanding know that race does not dictate a person&#8217;s character or personality. The non-racist man at the Klan meeting also knows this, so the non-racist man has a feeling of negativity.

His feeling of negativity is truth though no? Because in this case it acts in response to what he knows is not true. Thus, his feeling of negativity is positive because it stands to combat a non-truth. Again, his negativity IS positive because it stands to affirm a higher truth. And the more negativity shown toward the Klan&#8217;s false (negative) truth corrodes its pillars until there is no false truth, and just the ONE objective truth. When there is just one objective truth, then there is love, because then there is a universal understanding among us all. This understanding is of the many verses the one. We must work through the negative, ignorant non-truths until we find the one objective truth- love, which equals a positive vibe for us all.

So the Klan is not practicing truth , which means they are not omitting positive vibes, and thus the real positive vibe is the non-racist at the Klan meeting, because he is thinking in terms of the positive, objective truth.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2110036 - 11/15/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

you judge the good vibes, therefore they are bad. you judge the bad vibes, and they may be good. go with the flow, whether good or bad, they are just a part of who we are. we need both, so that when we leave, we know what silence IS

experience the silence.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2110145 - 11/15/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

truebrode.. not what I'm talking about dude.

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2110164 - 11/15/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, guess I misread ALL of these statements.

-catholic nuns beat my mom a lot in her childhood. They were treating her well, because it was what she needed. She disagrees. What some people think is good, other people think is bad. Educating people about how pot is harmless is a good thing to do. Other people think it's really bad. Simple.

-For example, I could stand up and say "Smoke marijuana, it's a wonderful, beautiful plant and I just want you all to know that you can benefit greatly from its effects!" and there would be some people cheering my statement on cause it's so positive, and then others would think I was satan.

-Congratulations, you've said exactly what I expected. Let's say there's a KKK meeting and little Johnny was there, and started to realize that he wasn't into the whole KKK thing. The leader stood up and said "I strung up a black man last night!" Everybody was so happy they all cheered, except for Johnny.

-So, Johnny didn't get good vibes from the klan meeting. I guess he should alter his outlook and embrace the goodness instead of "clinging to cynical anger." Correct, Chunder?

-I'm saying there is no such thing as a good vibe. Vibes are what we make of them and you can't promote good stuff by putting out good vibes all the time because other people will find those good vibes are actually bad vibes.

-Actually, silversoul the klan leader's killing of a black man came from a genuine desire to make the world a better place. You call that fear, hatred, and ignorance? Well, sounds like you should be less full of negative vibes and be more positive. Your statements are irrelevant because they're wrong and miss my point that you are the one interpreting the kkk vibes as negative. If kkk vibes were universally negative there wouldn't be a kkk. Open your mind.

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

#2110228 - 11/15/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"Im saying there is no such thing as a good vibe."

given this, My argument has EVERYTHING to do with yours :grin:. That's what i made my first initial post to.

" you can't send out good vibes and expect them to produce good feelings in everybody who walks by you. "

Life,love, acceptance, contact. <----universal good-vibe for humans.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

#2110384 - 11/15/03 11:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

a human who isn't afraid will respond to love with love. a human who is afraid assumes everyone else is afraid. and he doesn't have love for his comrades, he tries to control them. he does this because he knows the way to stop fear! BY CONQUERING IT! he doesn't understand.

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2110517 - 11/16/03 12:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

good for you

OfflineRaiseTheDead
Stranger

#11931889 - 01/30/10 07:36 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

basically there is no sophisticated argument, just shitting balls yogurt ok?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: RaiseTheDead]
    #11931927 - 01/30/10 07:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Puppet alert.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Don't be negative, JERK!!! [Re: Icelander]
    #11931961 - 01/30/10 07:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

BANHAMMERED.  :punish2:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom