Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia
    #14678563 -

First Off,I'm sorry for such a novel but this is the whole story of what happened to me 24 hrs ago.

I found this site while searching for people who shared their experiences with salvia. The first time I tried it was last summer at a friend's place. We did Witch Doctor and I took about three good hits. At first I was happy and cool, just very giggly, then my best friend that I was with freaked out really bad-which got me to freak out. We wound up driving home at 3 am seeing bridges across the freeway and running over bodies and animals that weren't there. I was pretty scared. Some time has passed since though and since my boyfriend does it occasionally I agreed to do it with him since I wanted to get a "legal" high. I took a couple hits off the bowl and barely felt anything, trees were a lil fuzzy, and that was about it.
  Night before last, me, my best friend, boyfriend and one of his friends went camping beside the river. We were all drinking, we smoked Maya (no idea how much strength it was but apparently it was supposed to be pretty potent) and for me and him it was gonna be like a one-time deal. We were all just chilling, I took prob 5 or 6 hits out of a bowl and was drinking a beer. I went from normal to everything just immediately slipped away---their voices started echoing across the water and everything I said sounded muffled like I was behind glass. I couldn't see straight, I couldn't think straight, and I was losing my balance fast. My boyfriend helped me sit down and that was when I started shaking uncontrollably. My heartrate felt like it was so high that I was going to die, I went from feeling icy cold to burning up and I could feel blood pumping through my veins. I was freaked out but I was still alert enough to know that I was having a bad trip. So I grabbed my boyfriends arm and whispered that I was having a bad trip.
  I had already started hallucinating...I felt like I had night vision,and the trees look like pictures-I was ok with that..just a lil freaked and confused. Things got progressively worse though. Slowly I saw this black fog roll towards the riverbank and that was when I saw "them" a black hooded figure kept circling me slowly...staying at a distance, or just standing a little ways off--watching me.
  I wish that was the worst part except that was when my reality started switching. My boyfriend was explaining to me that he was sorry he should have watched how many hits I took, and that his plan was just for us to have a good time that night. And this is where I smack myself in the head for not having the foresight NOT to smoke this stuff. I have a mild case of PTSD from when I was raped a couple of years ago--PTSD manifested itself in the form of flashbacks, panic attacks,and short term memory loss. Add to the fact that I used to be in a very abusive relationship and you can already tell where this is going. Suddenly in my effed up state of mind, my perfectly sweet boyfriend became my abusive boyfriend and my rapist. I accused him of setting me up and tried to get away from him. Thankfully I have a smart man and he didn't let me run off by myself. He put his arms around me and helped me calm down a little. Then my reality switched again...we had to go up the actual campsite which was at the top of a rather bank. Suddenly in my mind, my boyfriend wasn't sober enough to make it so I was trying to "protect" him and get him up the hill to safety. Reality switched on me once more and suddenly these hooded figures had encircled us and were getting closer-it was like I could feel death and evil upon me. I wound up clutching my boyfriend and sobbing in his chest from pure terror.
It took me forever to come back to real life. My boyfriend and friends who were all really concerned about me timed how long my trip lasted and after 3 hrs I was still feeling the effects of it. There were moments when they said I was talking to myself and saying things that I don't even remember saying.
24 hrs later and I'm still feeling weird. I've heard strange things like I'll hear someone say my name when no one is, or I see things out of the corner of my eye that aren't there. It's really disturbing and I dont know if it's the drug or if it's supernatural or if I'm just batshit crazy.
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: DazedNConfused21]
    #14678571 -

i doubt you are crazy (idk tho). 3 hrs seems a bit long for a salvia trip. infact it seems alot long.

did you do any other drugs? could you have done any other drugs? were you spiked?

how stoned were you? how drunk?:goodluck:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: shroomzi8]
    #14679671 -

I don't do anything else anymore. I used to do xanax a lot but I quit cold turkey about a year ago. My beer was only 3/4 of the way done and I opened it myself. The only thing I can figure is that somehow I had maybe a panic attack or a series of them that made the effects of it last longer??? I dont even know at this point. I'm pretty certain it wasn't laced..my boyfriend and I were both taking hits out of the same bowl and he had as much as I did but he's smoked more often than I have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: DazedNConfused21]
    #14679738 -

i was piss drunk one time, and smoked some extract. My friends drove me around for about three hours waiting for me to come down. I think the alcohol prolongs the shit out of it. Maybe the same thing happened to you. luckily i was having a good trip when this happened to me, so i wasn't concerned at all. Give it time, and try not to think about it so much. Get some good sleep, and eat a bomb meal.
good luck


--------------------
Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: floydisgod]
    #14690124 -

I'm no psychologist, but do you have any family history of mental illness? The PTSD could of very well been the cause of this prolonged trip. Drugs have a very unique way of bringing out subconcious thoughts/feelings out in ways we don't expect sometimes.

I had a mate that would lose the plot on high doses of psychedelics. Not in a bad way, just thought the aliens were coming to get him. He later found out that his family had some history of mental illness and decided to stop.

No doubt in the future you may decide to sample other drugs. Just tread carefully from now on. :thumbup: Best of luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: J.T]
    #14692928 -

There isn't any history of it...that I know of. I do have a history of PTSD and Depression and I was hooked on xanax for a while. I think like someone above said the alchohol probably didnt help things very much. I think I'll stay away from anything that makes me trip and just stick to the herb if I do anything at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Still Freaked Out-Bad Trip on Salvia [Re: DazedNConfused21]
    #14696943 -

Chill, honey, you are not crazy, nor permafried.

Everyone's different.  Dose high enough, then sure, its possible for salvia to take up to three hours to completely stop affecting you, especially when you are busy with self-examination and asking yourself if you are "normal" yet and hanging on every minor departure as "still fucked up."

So, you learned a hard lesson.  There are so many graphic examples of people overdoing salvia on YouBoob that its impossible to say you could not have been aware of the consequences ahead of time.  Honestly, your own fault, IMHO.  So...where to from here???  Go forth and sin no more with salvia.  Treat it with respect (or leave it alone if you can't) and it won't bite you.

:2cents:

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* First Trippe-Im terrified of a bad trip, need help
( 1 2 all )
Hustla 7,288 21 06/19/23 08:55 PM
by thespacecadet
* Inducing bad trips....
( 1 2 3 all )
Howardo 8,687 49 12/26/09 07:49 PM
by Scudreloaded
* What to tell yourself if going into bad trip?
( 1 2 all )
The_Clash_UK 9,572 27 09/28/02 08:46 AM
by psylo33o
* How to avoid a bad trip Voodoo_Child 3,681 10 06/11/02 10:21 AM
by Tonic
* Bad trip......Meaningful but bad shroomstr 1,377 6 06/26/02 04:59 PM
by Typingwords
* How to handle bad trips tak_old 2,824 9 07/23/02 06:03 PM
by gr8tefulme
* Trip Reports: Bad trip thread YouInfoIt 1,117 2 11/21/02 02:04 PM
by PHARMAKOS
* bad trip theory dogweazle 3,802 13 01/11/17 08:01 PM
by hhhp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie
1,532 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.