Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: AntiEverything]
    #14392839 -

AntiEverything said:
Anthony917 said:
I did. Community college, but :shrug:

I went for like 3 quarters, but I didn't really know what I was doing...I had no direction, I was just spacing out all day and decided to say fuck it I'm not gonna waste any more of my dads $$$
my parents had gotten divorced and my sister is a straight A student (I graduated with a 2.1gpa) so i was like fuck I'm not gonna waste cash that could be put towards a REAL education.

Anyway I've been working since and I'm really glad I didn't stay in school. I feel like a lot of college kids get BS degrees that aren't going to land them real jobs and they just waste a ton of cash. Now I have a decent resume and I can always go back to college if I ever find something I really want to do :shrug:

Did you guys go to school? Are you in school? What are you studying?



there are some colleges that just give you a diploma, but they do not actually give you an education. the difference is, you experience a lot more at a UNI, which will help you get a job. a community college is really nothing more than a continuation of highschool. sure a diploma will get you a job, but it will be dead end. the way the world works is you gotta have a little bit of ingenuity in order to make any real $$$




And its getting worse and worse. People with a PhD or a masters are being forced to apply for bachelor degree positions, furthering the necessity for a higher education.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14392858 -

I got kicked out for smoking too much pot :foreveralone:

On the plus side I currently have more cash than any of my mates that made it to uni :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14392863 -

Yeah.  I did science and its turned out really well for me.

You can easily transfer from a community college into a traditional 4-year school.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: badchad]
    #14393657 -

I'm glad I went to college too because I was just talking to an alumni who was saying he switched careers 3 times throughout his lifetime and was now retired.  He said our college helps you find jobs forever because you're an alumni.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: PreparationH]
    #14393678 -

Yup...finished college last year w/degrees in Anthropology and Political Science and now mapping out a PhD plan in Ethnobotany through a graduate Anthropology program.

I selected majors (and groomed my own studies/interests/work) in order to enhance the critical thinking/analytical tools at my disposal. Seemed to me a hell of a lot more efficient than learning a specific skill set that could be rendered irrelevant by unforeseen events.

Community college is a great tool, both for those who aren't aware what they want to do with higher education (or can't afford University) and for those who just need technical courses such as chemistry and don't want to deal with the BS of weed-out classes many universities offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: PreparationH]
    #14393681 -

school ftw

i majored in philosophy and ended up working a job making food in a to order kitchen at a ski resort this past winter. this fall i'm starting law school so i can make some coin, go back to that ski resort and treat my old boss like the dickhead he is hahahaha.

in all seriousness  :seriousbusiness:  though the key is to get a job or jobs that allow you to do what you love for a long ass time.

i know a lot of people that ski instruct or tune ski's in the winter and work as raft guides in the summer. their life is everyone's vacation.

if you are working anywhere but your dream job keep trying. if you fail to get your dream job then :facepalm:


--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14393710 -

i tried to go i was still living at home. i would take the train all the way into the city to go to school. i wasnt ready. i ended up taking the train in to hang out with friends and get high.. i since dropped out and ended up with debt. now i live in the city but dont go to school. im afraid of taking the leap and not being able to follow through with it again and dropping out and getting debt all over again again :sad:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #14393821 -

I'm a senior in hs, but next fall I'll be attending university at buffalo, and I'm (planning on) either getting into the pharmacy school there, or get a degree in chemistry.

the ability to make drugs is so much better than buying them :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Tritium]
    #14393931 -

Yeah but I took a gap year.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: GEncore]
    #14394072 -

i went to one of the best art school's in my country for photography, right after high school. the first month or two wasn't all that bad. wasn't until the month before exams i realized that this just wasn't something i wanted as my career. i wasn't all that good at it, and i didn't really care to get better. it has always been a hobby of mine, and i should have just left it that way instead of spending $4200 for one semester of school. what a waste of money. i've been working for the past 3 months at my shitty parttime job, saving money just so i can pay back the government loan i took out.
i wish i took a year off after high school, got myself together and figured out what really interests me and what i wanted to do with my life, whether i even wanted a career or not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Anthony917]
    #14394083 -

waste of money. My profession doesn't need a college degree. Just experience and knowledge.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? *DELETED* [Re: Tritium]
    #14394125 -

Post deleted by Big Worm

Reason for deletion: private



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Big Worm]
    #14394190 -

Wassup big perm, I mean big worm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: nice1]
    #14394222 -

playin' with my money is like playin' with my emotions.    :chillin:
(wish there was a big worm greamlin)




but on topic.

    I went to a community college for 2 semesters for Business Administration when I got out of high school, then went back for a third semester but withdrew. 
    Then the school told me some bullshit how I owe them 80% of my tuition, but I got financial aid in the first place because I couldn't afford tuition.
    So now i'm trying to go back to a different school, but they are holding my credits until I pay them dat loot.


It's a bitch.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: Big Worm]
    #14394285 -

At community college right now. 2nd to last week of the semester. Almost weekly I ask myself, is it worth it?

Then I remind myself, do you want to work on roofs or wait tables rest of your life? FUCK NO!

Not that those are the only options, there are some pretty good careers you can create yourself through vocational schools/ performing manual labor. But you expand your options with a college degree. Plus you form networking with people you otherwise wouldn't have met, who in turn can become important contacts or provide oppurtunities in the future.

That being said, I took a year off from school and it was awesome. I just personally value the higher education experience :shrug:

Plus, you meet a ton of smoking hot young girls who want to :missionary:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Did you go to college after high school?? [Re: IslandShroomer]
    #14394359 -

I'm going to start next fall and do the whole EMT/Paramedic/RN program through the CC around here then go get a BSN and hopefully something related to organic chemistry at some point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Best college in Oregon
( 1 2 all )
Psy Baba 5,640 27 03/28/14 12:54 AM
by Psy Baba
* Flunked out of college today/maybe
( 1 2 all )
lsdandfrisbee 4,631 23 05/23/06 10:59 AM
by Help on the Way
* I START COLLEGE TOMORROW!!!
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,131 20 08/24/04 04:58 AM
by ihatejacknjills
* I have a university degree (Univ of FL) but no high school diploma (GED) Azen 2,064 19 05/04/07 09:14 PM
by trepanib
* Any college folk here?
( 1 2 3 all )
Tangerines 2,984 53 10/23/06 03:57 PM
by thatiAM
* Being in college is fucking great
( 1 2 3 all )
hoopershroomer 4,483 48 11/29/07 10:17 AM
by Hyper_Panda_GO
* Is college worth it? RandalFlagg 1,047 10 01/19/05 10:56 PM
by infamous
* so i think im going to college...
( 1 2 all )
CubensisCutter 1,446 26 06/14/08 02:32 PM
by DieSpectra

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,956 topic views. 4 members, 35 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.