Having studied many religions, my favorite was Norse mythology, Valhalla and Odin and the like.
So, a couple years ago I was in a knife fight and bleeding pretty hardcore in the hospital. I was extremely thirsty and my legs were giving out, and just as they got a stretcher over to me, I started hallucinating like crazy (I attribute it to DMT now, although I hadn't tried it at the time).
Anyway, I looked at a couple girls I was with and watched the visuals transform them into psychedelic Valkyrie women with mechanical wings, Norse helmets, and intricate markings on their body armor. I started laughing hysterically which scared the shit out of the girls, but I never lost consciousness and the visuals subsided once I was hooked up to an IV.
The point of this story is that I was raised Evangelical Christian, so I expected an archetype of the Christ figure (which I would've dismissed since it isn't real), but instead got Valkyries b/c my brain favors that religion and thinks Valhalla battlefields are way cooler than an eternal church service. So that was my proverbial light in the tunnel.
NDE hallucinations are a construct of our consciousness. A pleasant way to leave, if you will. Their content differs depending on what you expect or hope for but should not be read into too much, IMO.
|